Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 02:52 PM

14 posts, read 31,616 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any idea the amount of tourists Coeur D'Alene draws in each year? if not, perhaps you have a suggestion on who I can contact to find such information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 05:07 PM

294 posts, read 539,929 times
I dont know the answer, but the question is killing me with curiosity. Why do you want to know?

Old 01-27-2017, 08:16 PM

I have a business centered around tourism and when thinking of expanding into different regions, it helps when cities list the amount of tourism they draw, so I can better analyze profitability.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:58 PM

820 posts, read 1,728,506 times
The chamber would be your best bet as they are the visitor center as well. You would have to be more specific when you are asking about numbers. Are you talking daytime numbers, holiday numbers? We get 50,000 people 4th of July weekend, but a lot of them are from surrounding communities.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:10 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,252,058 times
I have seen the number 10,000 jobs due to tourism in NID in different publications, but not the number of tourists.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:35 AM

8,375 posts, read 8,589,909 times
Only thing I could find was an estimate of 1.5 million per year, as of 20 plus years ago, at the top of this page
http://tinyurl.com/zkk8pl7

Don't know the source or how accurate it was but it was from a technical book.

2 million a year now is probably in the ball park, give or take a half million. The numbers may be overnight visitors. Lots drive thru.

Last edited by NW Crow; 01-28-2017 at 10:44 AM..

Old 01-28-2017, 01:37 PM

318 posts, read 433,405 times
I opened the first privately owned visitor center in Washington State at the ferry terminal in Anacortes. The San Juan Islands experience the same intense popularity that CDA does in summer. The increase in population, in both places, can be directly attributed to the promotion of tourism. Data has shown that the better a tourist board promotes an area, the more people will move there.

Both seasons are very short, so your best chance of succeeding is to position yourself no later than May 1 and be prepared to work yourself into a state of exhaustion through the end of September.

Recommend that you piggy back on events and link with other tourist organizations. You can waste a lot of money trying to promote on your own. I no longer charge for my knowledge and experience and you are welcome to send me a message if I can help.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Only thing I could find was an estimate of 1.5 million per year, as of 20 plus years ago, at the top of this page
http://tinyurl.com/zkk8pl7

Don't know the source or how accurate it was but it was from a technical book.

2 million a year now is probably in the ball park, give or take a half million. The numbers may be overnight visitors. Lots drive thru.
Appreciate that information, it's something to at least go off of and considering the area from my research has grown, I would imagine your estimates are probably pretty close to today's numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater66 View Post
I opened the first privately owned visitor center in Washington State at the ferry terminal in Anacortes. The San Juan Islands experience the same intense popularity that CDA does in summer. The increase in population, in both places, can be directly attributed to the promotion of tourism. Data has shown that the better a tourist board promotes an area, the more people will move there.

Both seasons are very short, so your best chance of succeeding is to position yourself no later than May 1 and be prepared to work yourself into a state of exhaustion through the end of September.

Recommend that you piggy back on events and link with other tourist organizations. You can waste a lot of money trying to promote on your own. I no longer charge for my knowledge and experience and you are welcome to send me a message if I can help.
Thank you for that info, I have heard the season is roughly only around 3 to 4 months in the region and gets pretty slow in the winter.

I have tried calling the visitor center to receive more information in regards to their tourism department and any sort of numbers they're monitoring, however, they were of very little help and seemed annoyed by the question . It's funny because some of the other areas I've started in such as Branson it was extremely easy for me to come up with tourism numbers either by a google search, calling visitor center or simply talking to the agents in the area who could very easily give me the numbers that correlated with other information I had been able to dig-up.

Kind of makes me wonder if CDA is really monitoring their tourism in the region

Old 01-28-2017, 03:34 PM

318 posts, read 433,405 times
Try contacting

https://visitidaho.org

The State may be more professional and have numbers by region.

What kind of business are you planning?

Last edited by clearwater66; 01-28-2017 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 01-28-2017, 03:47 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,252,058 times
EWU did a study:
Kootenai County Indicators
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho