Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 11:51 AM

537 posts, read 1,322,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali4life80 View Post
I can't believe all the blogs posted against Californians. How ignorant and stupid do you have to be to discriminate against someone based on what state they are from? That is ludicrous! I moved to Idaho 4 months ago and it was the biggest mistake of my LIFE!! I have never seen so many uneducated, miserable, grumpy, depressed, and un-diverse people in my life! You act like your state is so wonderful and your people are better than CA people.. PLeASe!! You guys are miserable and unhappy.. I am so glad to be moving back to CA in 2 months. You may be happy that I'm leaving but believe me..I am WAY happier than you are. I can't wait to go back to CA where there is culture, diversity, and tolerance of ALL religions, not just those annoying Mormon ppl you have in Idaho. CA is beautiful and there are things to do. There is nothing to do in Idaho!! Borrrrrrrring.. CA here I come and i'm never leaving you again!!
The new bumper stickers around here read, "welcome to Idaho, now go home" if that tells you anything. It's not just Californians in general, it is those who come here with snobby attitudes and want to change everything to what they love about California. My family and friends have been put down because they lived in a mobile home and it was'nt nice enough for "their" community. A lot come here and try hard to change laws (and have done so) to their standards and whine about eye sores everywhere. If everything does'nt look fancy they must change it right away. I have been welcoming to new neighbors and they did not reciprocate the friendliness. The little guys have been run down and run out, your darn right people are unhappy, I'm happy cuz I am leavin! You say you are bored, well compared to most of CA it probably is boring here for now.

For those of you moving here from CA with children, think hard about this as many families I know, their children have become rebellious here because they miss the life they had in CA, it is a culture shock to them.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:21 PM

26 posts, read 100,946 times
Quote:
I left CA in 1991 and totally love Idaho. Nope, I'm not Mormon either I honestly don't think four months is long enough to give it a decent shot, however the choice is yours.
I grew up here but lived in CA for 5 years after I got married. My husband's a native Californian. We've been back for 9 years now, and you couldn't pay my husband enough to move back to CA. Sure, there are things we miss (weather), but they don't nearly make up for all the benefits of living in Idaho.

@Cali4life80

I wouldn't take it so personally. Most Idahoans know and are good friends with a Californian or two. There's just a big difference with how things are done in CA and how they're done in ID. Things are just different here, and that can cause a bit of friction when someone comes in and tries doing things the way they were done in California. That said, Idaho's not a fit for everyone. There's no one place that everyone will be universally happy with. If you don't like it here, by all means, move back to CA, but consider that perhaps it's not because Idaho's such a terrible palce but that it's just not the place for you.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM

105 posts, read 315,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khurley View Post
I grew up here but lived in CA for 5 years after I got married. My husband's a native Californian. We've been back for 9 years now, and you couldn't pay my husband enough to move back to CA. Sure, there are things we miss (weather), but they don't nearly make up for all the benefits of living in Idaho.

@Cali4life80

I wouldn't take it so personally. Most Idahoans know and are good friends with a Californian or two. There's just a big difference with how things are done in CA and how they're done in ID. Things are just different here, and that can cause a bit of friction when someone comes in and tries doing things the way they were done in California. That said, Idaho's not a fit for everyone. There's no one place that everyone will be universally happy with. If you don't like it here, by all means, move back to CA, but consider that perhaps it's not because Idaho's such a terrible palce but that it's just not the place for you.

I resent that fact that a lot of people say that Californians come to Idaho to change the state. Thats not all true. You can never turn Idaho into California and I wouldn't want to. Thats why i'm moving back to Ca. And if you don't believe the discrimination against Californians, take a look at alot of the posts by native Idahoans claiming that Californians are the root of all evil for Idaho's 'downfall'. That is absurd. Why is it just Californians you people discriminate about? What about ppl from other states coming into your 'precious' state? You guys just need a scape goat for your own problems and thats pathetic.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
The new bumper stickers around here read, "welcome to Idaho, now go home" if that tells you anything. It's not just Californians in general, it is those who come here with snobby attitudes and want to change everything to what they love about California. My family and friends have been put down because they lived in a mobile home and it was'nt nice enough for "their" community. A lot come here and try hard to change laws (and have done so) to their standards and whine about eye sores everywhere. If everything does'nt look fancy they must change it right away. I have been welcoming to new neighbors and they did not reciprocate the friendliness. The little guys have been run down and run out, your darn right people are unhappy, I'm happy cuz I am leavin! You say you are bored, well compared to most of CA it probably is boring here for now.

For those of you moving here from CA with children, think hard about this as many families I know, their children have become rebellious here because they miss the life they had in CA, it is a culture shock to them.

I have a 2 year daughter and I wouldn't even dare put my child into an Idaho school. Its pretty concerning that California kids get discriminated against because they are from california or because they are not mormon. Are you kidding me?! So don't act like we are the ones with the 'snobby' attitudes. Take a look at your own kids who think their **** don't stink!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I left CA in 1991 and totally love Idaho. Nope, I'm not Mormon either I honestly don't think four months is long enough to give it a decent shot, however the choice is yours.

I wasted four months of my life here, so yes, it is enough time to give it a shot. I'm glad you are happy in Idaho, some people like it some don't. Moving here only made me appriciate california even more.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 PM

4,468 posts, read 7,999,321 times
Go read the "
Grapes of Wrath".
HW

Old 01-21-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali4life80 View Post
I have a 2 year daughter and I wouldn't even dare put my child into an Idaho school. Its pretty concerning that California kids get discriminated against because they are from california or because they are not mormon. Are you kidding me?! So don't act like we are the ones with the 'snobby' attitudes. Take a look at your own kids who think their **** don't stink!!!
LOL, well my children don't go to Idaho schools either. I grew up here attending public school and I was discriminated against for not being mormon, so I know what you mean, but such is life when you move to an area where a certain "group" is the majority. The majority here now are Californians (atleast in North Idaho) that is why people give them a bad time, for the many reasons I listed below. I am not labeling all Californians, I know several lovely people from there. Anyway, people will come and go and I hope you enjoy going back home to California and I will enjoy going somewhere that is'nt.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:59 PM

382 posts, read 1,032,532 times
R.I.P North Idaho I will miss you.We had some rough times we had some good times. But I am glad I got to enjoy everything this place had to offer. Before the mtn bikers invaded our dirt bike trails, and the hikers took over canfield. Before the new movie theater took away my private swim spot. Everything that I used to be able to do has been changed or removed. Its okay i understand that others want it now, you can have it I am gonna be just like the rest I am going to get away from the crowds and get outta my home town. I Loved the smell of the saw mills I liked the old truck's and farmers I liked the dirt roads. They are all a memory now, of a time that has past that is forever gone. The good old days I remember them well. It's time to move on just like everyone who is moving here from there. It's time to go.... I wont miss getting the middle finger for driving the speed limit. Or rocks being thrown at me when I ride my dirt bike on Canfield. Or loose dogs on the canfield trail trying to bite my daughter as we ride by. Or my truck being vandilised or my stuff getting stolen out of it. It's a sign of the times adapt overcome or move!!! For me it's time to move...

Old 01-21-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay View Post
R.I.P North Idaho I will miss you.We had some rough times we had some good times. But I am glad I got to enjoy everything this place had to offer. Before the mtn bikers invaded our dirt bike trails, and the hikers took over canfield. Before the new movie theater took away my private swim spot. Everything that I used to be able to do has been changed or removed. Its okay i understand that others want it now, you can have it I am gonna be just like the rest I am going to get away from the crowds and get outta my home town. I Loved the smell of the saw mills I liked the old truck's and farmers I liked the dirt roads. They are all a memory now, of a time that has past that is forever gone. The good old days I remember them well. It's time to move on just like everyone who is moving here from there. It's time to go.... I wont miss getting the middle finger for driving the speed limit. Or rocks being thrown at me when I ride my dirt bike on Canfield. Or loose dogs on the canfield trail trying to bite my daughter as we ride by. Or my truck being vandilised or my stuff getting stolen out of it. It's a sign of the times adapt overcome or move!!! For me it's time to move...
Your posts are so right on! Don't you love that big white ugly house right smack dab in the middle of Canfield mountain . I will miss it here too, but must move on also.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:06 AM

382 posts, read 1,032,532 times
Ya that house caused quite a bit of trouble around here.Funny but after that piece of property sold a bunch of trails on canfield closed too!! And now we are getting a new sub division at the base of canfield mtn. Tell me how many of you are going to want to listen to me and my buddies riding dirt bikes above your house on the weeknds? I can tell ya none!!Just like everything else that has been taken from the working man this town too wil become park city, sun valley, or white fish. Man I miss white fish what a great place it was. Crappy bars great food awsome snow boarding cheap hotels all gone. Its the end of an era small town life is no longer small town. The internet has ruined us all!!! It's a trend I just wonder who will be left here to pick up the pieces when people decide it's not the place to live!! lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho