Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2006, 09:36 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,906,102 times

Advertisements

zrahin, can you tell me, did the banks force anyone to buy a home especially when people know they cant afford the homes.

if you are making 50k or less a year, you cannot afford a home worth 500-700K sorry. People need to stop blaming others and start blaming themselves for the lack of common sense--i know California is not all filled with people in la la land, i have many family members out there.

If you cannot afford a house rent, dont buy into the hype that you are "Suppose to OWN" a home. that is a big Myth

Old 12-20-2006, 12:50 PM

318 posts, read 1,316,946 times
A friend of mine...who is very into watching the market and is good at predicting change has said that the housing market will turn around the last quarter of 2007. That the feds have realized their mistake in raising the interest rates. Anyone else out there have a "best guess" of when this slump in the market will turn around?

Izzy

Old 12-20-2006, 03:35 PM

217 posts, read 1,002,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
Skitow:

are you sure it is the ASIANS?? It seems to me that is it not the Asians but the liberals who have driven up the prices in California. From the leftist regulations on everything, to the affirmative Action crowd, to the Greenies, to the Yuppies in tech towns, to the Hollywood set. How is it the Asians fault, please explain.
Yes I am sure. It makes no diff what name you call a group of people. Example- leftist-affirmative-yuppies, or puppies. Come see for yourself. The Chinese, Japanese etc. are all moving to CA because their own countries are super overcrowded. You see it on tv. They come to CA to buy up the housing because they can afford it. Why you say? Take a look at all your toys, games and on and on. Where is it made? Made in Japan, in China, in Taiwan,etc. I could refer you to an Asians reply on another State forum, but I'm not sure that's in the rules of this Forum. She says, the Asian, that people from her country have been buying up CA housing for 20 years with no intention of even living here. They buy it for investment property, and what blew my mind, they buy up the prime property for their kids near good universities so their kids will have a home to move to CA and attend prime schools. She herself was pissed for them doing this because they have no intention of moving here themselves and contributing anything good to the communities they bought the housing at. I want to tell you this. Asian people HAVE become the majority in my area. My Doctor is Chinese. My oral surgeon is Chinese. My Dentist is Chinese, his assistant is Chinese--Get the picture? Why group people by their beliefs in religion or choice of government etc. That doesn't hold water to the underlying obvious problem. People,myself,are being pushed out of CA because we want to move to another PART OF CA. I want to buy a simple single story house with 2 beds, 2 baths and garage. I have lived in a condo for decades. I can not afford the prices here to do that. Reason-Asians driving up the prices. Simple reason, if the developers and sellers can get sky rocket prices for their homes, that's what they do. Why sell low when you can sell extreme? I won't argue leftist, liberal anything. It doesn't make a bit of difference. It's the people.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,167,548 times
The Asians also loan us money so we can afford to run the country (the USA) without paying for it. It's like we have a credit card and they are the bank. They loan us the money, we pay them back with interest. In the last six years, with all the government tax cuts, the amount we owe them has grown astronomically.

If you had all those dollars (like they do) wouldn't you want to spend them? The only place you can spend dollars is in the USA, so they come here and buy.

Also, here are the demographics for Monterey Park, California (which is a suburb of LA) (from the City-Data website):

Races in Monterey Park:

Chinese (41.2%)
Hispanic (28.9%)
Other race (12.4%)
Japanese (7.4%)
White Non-Hispanic (7.3%)
Vietnamese (5.2%)
Other Asian (4.9%)
Two or more races (3.4%)
Filipino (1.5%)
Korean (1.4%)
American Indian (1.0%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)

Ancestries: German (2.0%), Italian (1.3%), Irish (1.1%), English (1.1%).

In Monterey Park, most of the signs are in Chinese, not Spanish.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:27 PM

217 posts, read 1,002,788 times
Default Ub50

Hi UB50. Something that burns my (can't say it)is our goverment loaning other countries money and then forgiving them the loan. It's not their money to loan, it's ours. Russia comes to mind.

Old 12-23-2006, 12:44 PM

Location: Visalia CA. That is in the central valley of California
1 posts, read 1,792 times
I live in the central valley of CA. Most of the people here in this part of CA are not in agreement with most of what our state government does. However, our vote is nearly always overridden by those who live on our coasts. When my parents first brought me to CA some 65 years ago, it was the land of great opportunity and I loved it. I have watched that love wane over the last few years. I want to leave ca. Not to change where I go, but to go where there is beauty and peace, and where I can live the rest of my life in that beauty and peace. I don't care if the roads are paved or not. At my age, the only thing I need is for there to be reasonablely good medical care available. My wife and I have done a lot of research and have desided the Pocatello area is where we want to be. My wife visited last year and fell in love with the place and the people. We don't want to change anything about Idaho, and just want to fit in and be good neighbors.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:24 PM

20 posts, read 125,355 times
Those people need to remember the old saying "He who lives in glass houses..."

Old 12-23-2006, 06:25 PM

21 posts, read 116,666 times
Quote:
My wife and I have done a lot of research and have desided the Pocatello area is where we want to be. My wife visited last year and fell in love with the place and the people. We don't want to change anything about Idaho, and just want to fit in and be good neighbors.
Very well said. You are the type of people who will be welcomed in Idaho.

Old 12-25-2006, 06:38 AM

106 posts, read 583,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The Asians also loan us money so we can afford to run the country (the USA) without paying for it. It's like we have a credit card and they are the bank. They loan us the money, we pay them back with interest. In the last six years, with all the government tax cuts, the amount we owe them has grown astronomically.

If you had all those dollars (like they do) wouldn't you want to spend them? The only place you can spend dollars is in the USA, so they come here and buy.

Also, here are the demographics for Monterey Park, California (which is a suburb of LA) (from the City-Data website):

Races in Monterey Park:

Chinese (41.2%)
Hispanic (28.9%)
Other race (12.4%)
Japanese (7.4%)
White Non-Hispanic (7.3%)
Vietnamese (5.2%)
Other Asian (4.9%)
Two or more races (3.4%)
Filipino (1.5%)
Korean (1.4%)
American Indian (1.0%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)

Ancestries: German (2.0%), Italian (1.3%), Irish (1.1%), English (1.1%).

In Monterey Park, most of the signs are in Chinese, not Spanish.

I must be missing something in the conversation. What does the new China Town in LA have anything to do with anything?

Old 01-01-2007, 09:03 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,836,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davekn View Post
Very well said. You are the type of people who will be welcomed in Idaho.
Yup. What we found when buying land and building a home in our area is that bringing up a large family with kids in sports and a business with job opportunities was more important to folks than WHERE we came from. And of course we don't want to change things...it's WHY we decided to come here.

What I noticed when we started meeting local folks was that 2/3 of them had relocated here for the quality of life and were initially wary of us. Can't say I blame them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho