Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 03:56 PM

34 posts, read 87,472 times

Advertisements

I was looking at a job in Cottonwood Idaho, but before I fully applied I wanted to check out the living situation. I must be honest I am from the East coast, so I'm not familiar with the area. Does anyone know about apartments in Cottonwood, Idaho??

I've tried googling, but I'm not having much luck! Please help!

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 02:34 PM

993 posts, read 3,241,712 times
Just looking at the map puts it right in the middle of God's country.
Go for it and take your chances.
It's got to beat the East Coast

Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 PM

18 posts, read 138,778 times
Cottonwood is a neat little town. It has a small ski area with affordable T Bar tickets, and isn't too far from the Salmon River (fishing and rafting). Not everyone in Cottonwood is Catholic, but it sure seems like it so if you are Catholic you'll like that. The health care is as good as you'll find for a community that small. It is about an hour from Lewiston which has 32,000 residents. Grangeville has about 3500 people and is 15 miles away. I've heard the Monastery outside of town is a great place to visit, but I haven't been there. It has a historical museum. Outside of town near the ski hill is a prison, which looks more like a camp. If I had to spend time in prison I'd want to go to Cottonwood. It is a minimum security prison. Outside of Cottonwood you'll find many farm fields mostly growing wheat. I hope this helps. If I think of anything else I'll add it.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:28 PM

46 posts, read 60,808 times
[SIZE=3]Can I buy an acre in Cottonwood, and have a house built for me (with me doing some of the work… like the wiring and painting) and not much of a hassle from the “authorities?” Are there any good builders near by that are honest and have good workmanship? I also need to put up some antennas for my ham radio (k7vhq) and what about permits for that? Thanks, Bob Todd[/SIZE]

Old 10-14-2009, 06:50 AM

17 posts, read 78,070 times
Cottonwood Idaho

This is a website to all information regarding Cottonwood. It has all the businesses listed and other activities. Just a little more information about Cottonwood. It has a mild to hot summers usually with the hot month being August. Cold and windy winters with a moderate amount of snow and wet spring. Cottonwood hosts the Idaho County Fair every year at the fairgrounds in town. At the highschool there is Volleyball, Football, Cheerleading, Rodeo, Boys and girls Basketball, Baseball, Softball, and boys and girls track. The average class size I would say for Prairie schools would be around 30 students and the school also has a afterschool program for kids I believe in grades K-8. Cottonwood is located at the bottom of Cottonwood Butte which has a ski course located on it along with a old military radar tower and a prison (North Idaho Correctional Institution). Cottonwood is surrounded by miles of open country and in certain parts of the area you can see 100+ miles. Saint Mary's Hospital is located in Cottonwood with some of the best physicians in the area that will remember you on a first name basis. The hospital has everything from long-term care patients to basic surgeries along with a 24 hour ER. Downtown Cottonwood has numerous businesses and has 2 banks located in the town and 1 credit union. Hunting, fishing and outdoor sports are a big part of the community. Cottonwood has its problems but every town does. If you are looking for a all around good place to raise your kids without having to worry about whether they make it home Cottonwood is the perfect. It is also a good place to retire and relax in your golden years as most people will offer a hand if you ask for one. It is a heavly based Catholic community and you can tell when the church is full every sunday and also leans quite a bit more to Conservative than Liberal. If you enjoy the country life and enjoy knowing your neighbors and many other people in town Cottonwood is the place to move.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:18 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,912,184 times
We always enjoyed visiting Cottonwood. Wish I knew how Cottonwood got so prosperous. Would like to make it happen here in Midvale. Great informative post.

Chris

Old 12-13-2009, 04:38 AM

17 posts, read 78,070 times
Here are a few websites if you are interested in looking for a house in or around the Cottonwood area or land to build on.

www.highlandrealty.net

www.solbergagency.com

www.harmanagency.com

www.myidahocounty.com

www.allaround.realty.com

Some of these listings also include Grangeville, Craigmont, Ferdinand, and Kamiah areas.
Grangeville to Cottonwood is a 15 minutes drive on a highway
Craigmont to Cottonwood is also a 15 minute drive on a highway
Ferdinand is a 5 minute drive to Cottonwood on a highway
Kamiah is about a 30 minute drive to Cottonwood on a highway

Hope this helps anyone interested in moving to the area.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:40 PM

64 posts, read 261,004 times
Why would anyone move to Cottonwood or Grangeville or Kamiah when they can move to Moscow for about the same price and get so much more town?

Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 AM

464 posts, read 1,107,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebigs View Post
Why would anyone move to Cottonwood or Grangeville or Kamiah when they can move to Moscow for about the same price and get so much more town?
Uh because not everyone is you. Nor do they share your views on what will bring happiness. I'd choose Cottonwood every single time...

Old 04-14-2010, 08:25 AM

64 posts, read 261,004 times
What does Cottonwood offer you that Moscow doesn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho