Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 09:57 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,274,480 times

Advertisements

At the beginning of the month I was going to register a vehicle and found that the latest deal was appointment only. The first available was today, the hottest flippin` day of the year. So I grab the paper and see this : https://cdapress.com/news/2020/jul/3...get-in-line-5/
Next, I pick up my phone to check the qless app (should be "clueless" app) and it says error appointments. Google that and nothing, go to qless site and nothing, call DMV and nothing. Decide to gear up and pack water, snacks, book, sanitizing stuff, 2 masks and a neck cooler. I contemplated drinking, but thought better of it lest I end up in ICU instead of DMV. All of a sudden, a full hour before my appt., the qless shows I am 13th in line and a few minutes later 11. I rush down there, of course there is massive traffic, all the while I am getting closer "in line". Finally get there and run to front door. I noticed two entirely different protocols from driver license to vehicle reg. The DL was masks required and much more stringent. The VR was allowing walk ins, no masks, entirely different. I found that odd. Anyway, it was a good thing I got there early as I was out before my official appointment time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 11:57 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,762,172 times
That application is awful, but it's the only way to get in. About a month or so ago, I purchased a car from Parker Toyota and needed to get it registered. A lady down the street purchased a new Mercedes around the same time. We wanted to go in together, so I made an appointment in the app. Then it locked me out and I couldn't make a second appointment for her, (she did not have the app on her phone). Uugh!

At the appointed time, several weeks later, we went together and the "door monitor" allowed both of us to conduct our business, but one at a time. We should have gone to Sandpoint because the DMV is a lot less busy up there than in either Post Falls or CdA.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 08-01-2020, 07:54 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,246,203 times
Ludicrous. State DMVs are noted to be an experience just one notch better than a colonoscopy, and now the states have made the experience worse than a colonoscopy. If the workers at Walmart or other stores can work for minimum wage than state workers making a lot more can also work. (And that especially goes to all those congress people who have decided to hide in their basements vs. going to DC and actually attempting to get something done. And that is in regard to all....dem, republican, independent.)

Old 08-01-2020, 11:57 AM

29,214 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Yup. It was pretty bad. It usually doesn't take me 3 times to figure out how to navigate a website.

What was so crazy to me is the DMV site being so bad, while the state dept's vote-by-mail site was so good. That one was very easy and very clear.

I finally managed to get some new registration stickers (have't arrived yet), but I was never able to renew my driver's license on the website. I'll have to go down to the DMV to get a new one.

Old 08-02-2020, 06:08 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,246,203 times
I was lucky with the truck plates, I did the two year renewal last October so I'm good till 2021. My trailer comes due every year; however, I mail in the money in January and no need till usually March at the earliest. Renewed my driver's license two years ago. They make us old people renew in person every four years. Guess they want to make sure we don't walk into the walls or trip and fall twenty times from the door to the counter.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:32 PM

32,635 posts, read 47,995,345 times
I don't think the department of motor vehicles in any state is a fun experience. Its bureaucracy at its very worst.

DMV in Idaho probably worked fine when the population was 1/5 the size that it is now, but it hasn't had any upgrades since then. But, what the heck, if it work for great grandad it is good enough for us now.

On the plus side, my experience is that the clerks are always friendly, so the whole experience could be worse.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:39 PM

As an example of how things are running these days. I purchased a auto from my local dealership. It was "recorded" on June 17th. Just today, six weeks later, I received the pink slip in the mail.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.

Old 08-06-2020, 12:18 PM

820 posts, read 1,739,149 times
I wish they would have a commercial cashier only. Had an appt last week to register my scooter and said I had 7 minutes. Person in front of me was a city employee and had a BOX of paperwork as they were registering all the city vehicles. 53 minutes later of standing in the sun, I was invited in. So frustrating.

Old 08-06-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
...Had an appt last week to register my scooter...
Going "off topic" here, for a moment. Who are you using for your scooter mechanic? I have a Vespa, but as we all know, there are no Vespa dealers closer than Seattle/Portland/SLC. I have not been using mine for fear of going over the mileage for oil changes.

Old 08-09-2020, 03:10 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,183 times
The process sucks now and we are still waiting for plates after 4 weeks. Hubby didn't want a K plate on his new Jeep so he opted for the Rangeland plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho