Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,814 times

Advertisements

I have been researching places to relocate for years now...At this time I am waiting for my wife to graduate from school and want to take this time to do my homework...I currently reside in NW Pennsylvania and want to move out west...I have family in Las Vegas, but don't think it is the best place to raise my family. I have been in the Law Enforement field for approx. 12 years now and plan on making application in the Idaho area. My wife is finishing her degree in nursing and has worked as an LPN for years and will be an RN in less than a year and a half. I think my wife will be marketable wherever we decide and with my experience shouldn't have to much trouble finding a job either. I statred looking into Idaho and liked what I have seen so far... I know it is best to travel to the area before making any types of decisions, and my wife and I plan to do so....I guess what I am looking for is just the honest good and bads of the place...I have a young family three girls ages 12, 8, and 4 and want a safe and good future for them...How is the public school system in and around Boise? IS the housing market affortable and is it a progressive area. I know that if people were looking to move to this area I would tell them the goos and bad...Like, we have harsh and long winters here, the city I live around is not progressive but there is good areas to live and a decent school system if you get outside the city limits. I want to move to a more progressive area that provides my family with the best future... Is Boise the place??? Youir honesty is apprecited....Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:49 PM

434 posts, read 3,171,225 times
At least for our family Boise has been a great place for our kids. Our kids run around the neighborhood with other kids like I used to 30 years ago and we don't worry about it. I certainly would not have allowed my kids to do that in Phoenix.

Our experience with the schools is that they are good but not great.

As far as being progressive, define what you are looking for. Boise is a nice city but very conservative in a western libertarian way.

Most of your questions have probably been answered if you go to the Boise forum and just search for what you are looking for.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:19 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,801,627 times
Something to think about is the pay scale...I'm a retired LA cop, and I couldn't have moved here to North Idaho were I still on the job...but Boise isn't too bad...

BPD Lateral Entry Program
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho