Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 07:32 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times

Advertisements

Seems the latest numbers show Idaho very low, only above a few deep south States.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/gr...le/6599531002/

Any thoughts as to why this is? Is it political, or something else?

Idaho's neighbors Washington and Oregon are far higher.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:39 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
I’d say political.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:47 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times
Ask Eric Clapton why

Old 05-16-2021, 09:05 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
I wouldn’t trust a self proclaimed heroin and alcohol addict for medical advice. Beyond that it seems rural States are not doing well with vaccinations. By definition, Idaho is a rural State. Could it be part politics and part just a sense from some they are immune because they don’t live in population centers? Serious question.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 05-16-2021 at 09:43 PM..

Old 05-17-2021, 06:14 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I wouldn’t trust a self proclaimed heroin and alcohol addict for medical advice. Beyond that it seems rural States are not doing well with vaccinations. By definition, Idaho is a rural State. Could it be part politics and part just a sense from some they are immune because they don’t live in population centers? Serious question.
Maybe, just maybe, because genuine Idahoans believe in freedom of choice? My husband and both chose not to get the vaccine, not that we have issues with anyone who chooses to get it, no more than someone choosing a Prius over a Subaru. So outside of the possibility that we contract Covid, as far I can see there are no other consequences. Concerts? We've already been to the ones we've wanted to attend. Planes? If we can't drive, we don't go.

Old 05-17-2021, 07:08 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
To start with, Idaho was sent fewer doses than Washington. The Spokane news compared the number of doses sent to Spokane vs the number of doses sent to CDA (per thousand of population) and Idaho wasn't receiving the vaccine at the same rate.

Vaccine is available now and people are still getting vaccinated, so the percentage of the population will go up.

Myself, I was just going to wait it out, but decided to take the vaccine because of the number of self-centered tourists we get here in CDA. People traveling here from all over the country and wanting to know where they can go to sight see and eat and not wear a mask. That's how disease gets spread all over the country, by travelers. If it was just locals around here, the disease would have burned itself out, but we get a steady supply of reinfection. More than half the license plates in town are from out of state.

Coming back to add this: rural Idaho got a slow start because nobody had the sort of facilities to store vaccine at such a low temperature. Equipment had to be sourced and brought in before the vaccine could be brought into the area.

Old 05-17-2021, 07:12 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Some choose to not receive the vaccine, which is their right, and some were waiting to see how the vaccine was doing. It's worrisome to take a vaccine that is basically untested. So far, so good, with no horrendous side effects. But still there is a long way to go before I consider the vaccine proven to be safe. And so far, nobody really knows whether or not it is effective or for how long. (not that my opinion has any medical or scientific basis)

Old 05-17-2021, 07:16 AM

560 posts, read 437,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Maybe, just maybe, because genuine Idahoans believe in freedom of choice? My husband and both chose not to get the vaccine, not that we have issues with anyone who chooses to get it, no more than someone choosing a Prius over a Subaru. So outside of the possibility that we contract Covid, as far I can see there are no other consequences. Concerts? We've already been to the ones we've wanted to attend. Planes? If we can't drive, we don't go.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cleosmom again."

You hit it spot on. I also echo the last bit too. No interest in large gatherings and we don't fly.

Old 05-17-2021, 07:41 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post

False statement in bold. If genuine Idahoans believed in freedom of choice then many of them wouldn't vote in the people they do to state government who take away Idahoans freedom of choice.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:21 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
False statement in bold. If genuine Idahoans believed in freedom of choice then many of them wouldn't vote in the people they do to state government who take away Idahoans freedom of choice.
Hence genuine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho