Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 12:30 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times

Advertisements

When Chad goes on trial, I bet there's going to be a lot of details and information about what actually happened come out. Chad will squeal for a plea deal and disclose details, and Lori will provide information since she most likely wants Chad to go down just like she did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2023, 02:08 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
When Chad goes on trial, I bet there's going to be a lot of details and information about what actually happened come out. Chad will squeal for a plea deal and disclose details, and Lori will provide information since she most likely wants Chad to go down just like she did.
Chad may spill everything, but not Lori.

She's still completely devoted to Chad.

Her lawyers wanted her to testify in her own defense as a last resort, but she refused because she didn't want to betray him.

Old 05-15-2023, 03:14 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
We'll see. It's probably going to be a very interesting trial, to say the least.

It's amazing what gets into people these days. Just ten years ago I bet Lori was the most exciting, happy, wonderful individual on social media, Facebook for example. Bet she had hundreds of friends and each and every picture she posted was gushing with pride and self-awesomeness, posting pix of each and every plate of food, coffee at local coffee shops along side a bagel or chocolate croissant, etc. etc. etc. And now look. What happened? Prison for LIFE!

Old 07-30-2023, 12:02 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Lori Vallow's sentencing is scheduled for Monday July 31, and the proceedings will be carried live by Court TV:
https://www.courttv.com/news/lori-va...hat-to-expect/

Quote:
Back in May, the so-called Doomsday Cult Mom was convicted of first-degree murder in the deaths of 16-year-old Tylee Ryan and 9-year-old JJ Vallow, and conspiring to kill Tammy Daybell. She was also found guilty of grand theft. The kids’ bodies were found buried on Chad Daybell’s Freemont County, Idaho property in 2020.

Old 07-31-2023, 05:31 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
I saw last night that people have been camped out since last night to try to be able to get in!

Old 07-31-2023, 09:36 AM

Watch the sentencing live here:
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/0...ncing-hearing/

Old 07-31-2023, 03:12 PM

3 consecutive sentences of life without the possibility of parole--the judge expressed the interesting thought that he was a practical man, and in Idaho a life sentence is just that, a life sentence, so the implication was that consecutive life sentences really aren't realistic (Lori only has one lifetime), but out of a sense of justice for the three victims he was imposing the sentences as consecutive, not concurrent.

Lori gave a statement right before sentencing. Good grief. After hearing it I feel like taking a mental shower. I do believe her own lawyers were squirming.

Old 08-01-2023, 05:53 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
3 consecutive sentences of life without the possibility of parole--the judge expressed the interesting thought that he was a practical man, and in Idaho a life sentence is just that, a life sentence, so the implication was that consecutive life sentences really aren't realistic (Lori only has one lifetime), but out of a sense of justice for the three victims he was imposing the sentences as consecutive, not concurrent.

Lori gave a statement right before sentencing. Good grief. After hearing it I feel like taking a mental shower. I do believe her own lawyers were squirming.
I was surprised she actually gave a statement! That’s the most words she spoken since the start of it all.

If she’s placed in general population at the women’s prison, she’s going to wish for the death penalty.

Old 08-01-2023, 11:13 AM

492 posts, read 143,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Chad has a really good defense, with Lori speaking at her sentencing, Chad can play the blame game on her. It's all her fault, she killed her ex husband, whom she thought was John Shneider.

Old 08-01-2023, 11:17 AM

492 posts, read 143,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You're not alone in your feelings. There was a lot of resentment down here directed at Lori Vallow at first. Everything happened in just under a month's time. Lori was always able to move fast like that. She also loved attention, so she was noticed by all her neighbors.

Chad Daybell had been living here for more than 5 years by then, and his appearance and speech is so mild mannered no one thought he could ever do such badness.
Chad's wife Tammy may have been better known. She was very active in the Rexburg community, but Chad was more a loner. He hung out at the city and college libraries a lot or stayed home.

Personally, I think Chad was the shot caller of everything and is the most responsible person for the kid's deaths.
Thats pure specualtion.

Chad has a good defense, blame evrything on Lori. Lets face it, her statements about Heaven and everything else is really out there. Im not mormian, so I am not sure how much that religion played into it, I know that the mormonian religion has some science fiction in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho