Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM

4 posts, read 12,605 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to Caldwell next summer. I would really like information on the city, especially with regards to the education system and schools, crime, and job market. We bought our Corey Barton home there last year, and have been renting it out since until my parents retire and we all move up together. I have read some negative things about Corey Barton and that really scares me! I am currently having trouble with them in regards to coming out and fixing the grading in the backyard of the home. Because the ground slopes, the grass we planted all died because the ground flooded and pooled. They claim it was due to neglect because we didn't have renters for 2 months even though we had automatic sprinklers put in and they were checked on by our rental property management company weekely to ensure they were working properly.

Please, please, please tell me as much as you can about the area. I am already moving with mixed feelings and can only hope I am doing the best thing for my family! HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 PM

51 posts, read 225,768 times
I can only speak to your problem with CBH regarding the grading of your yard. We had a Corey Barton house in Emmett with a similar problem. Everytime our neighbor's sprinklers went on we ended up with a huge pond in our sideyard. Even when our neighbor was kind enough to cut back on his watering, we still had the problem, since the ground in that area is basically hardpan and water does not readily absorb into the ground.

When we had our 30-day walkthrough with CBH, we were told that Corey does not deal with grading issues of any kind. So, we spent a few hundred dollars and A LOT of time installing a french drain system at our fence line. That solved our problem, no thanks to CBH.

I wouldn't let your experience with that company make you doubt your decision to relocate. Hopefully, someone else in this forum can provide you with information on Caldwell . Your yard problem can most surely be corrected, but you may not find satisfaction with CBH. Sorry, but his reputation seems deserved. We ended up selling our CBH house and we found a very nice, older home in Boise for less than we paid for our CBH home.

Hang in there and please don't let this issue could your decision. There are probably more than a few of us that have overcome our CBH "experience" and are wiser and happier now.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:51 PM

Thanks donnam! I am moving no matter what, but am just really curious about the area. Thsnks for your info in regards to CB homes. I am still going to try to fight them as best I can!

Old 08-08-2007, 02:39 PM

9 posts, read 35,883 times
We have a CB home (bought used) but have no problems with anything. Grading was perfect, everything is just how it's supposed to be. Also live in Caldwell, in a CB subdivision and don't really have any problems. All the troublesome (trashy) neighbors have moved or cleaned up (on our street). Don't know about schools, since my "kids" are dogs & a horse, but sis sends her boys to a charter school, & they are doing very well, no problems (even with their disabilities).

Old 08-12-2007, 06:31 PM

Which Charter School does your sister send her kids to? We are looking at Thomas Jefferson as a possibility when we get there. Do you know anything about it?

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2 View Post
Which Charter School does your sister send her kids to? We are looking at Thomas Jefferson as a possibility when we get there. Do you know anything about it?

Thanks!
I am not sure. I will check w/ her & get back w/you. If you get far enough out, (toward Middleton) you could get Purple Sage Elementary, which from what I hear is pretty good. I have 4 siblings that are going there, or went there.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:44 PM

Okay, not a charter, but they go to Lincoln which is better than the school that's closer to their home. I guess the charter is very hard to get children into, I would contact them now to find out the requirements. This site is for all charter schools in Idaho. Hope it helps! Charter School Websites: Idaho (http://www.edreform.com/charter_schools/websites/idaho.html - broken link)

Old 08-15-2007, 12:57 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,441,574 times
contact the BCA and HUD and see if anything can be done. Even maybe the Attorney Generals office.
We owned in the past a Boise Valley Construction home trouble....

Old 08-19-2007, 10:44 PM

6 posts, read 18,398 times
Default Caldwell has its charm

The great thing about Caldwell is its accessability and its growth potential. While it is on the verge of exploding population-wise, Caldwell retains its small town charm that I remember as a young girl growing up here. I love the college town atmosphere, the diversity, the amenities like the newly constructed Community YMCA, the wineries and vineyards...the soccer complex, the cultural attractions and downhome feel of the rodeo and farmer's markets.
Caldwell is only 25 minutes away from Boise, yet with all the shopping that is available in the Nampa/Caldwell area, there really is no reason to leave the Canyon County area anymore!
Please call me on my cell phone, 208-353-1487 and I can gather info and send it your way...anything you want to know about Caldwell, I can get it to you!
Congrats on your decision to move here! I know you will absolutely love it!
Dawn Larzelier
[MOD CUT: No business promotion allowed]

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 08-20-2007 at 12:37 AM..

Old 08-24-2007, 08:27 PM
TFG

4 posts, read 50,697 times
Lots of crime and gangs there. Bad move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho