Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:47 PM

39 posts, read 74,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolme View Post
Wow, did ift post a link over here? It looks like the bullies found a new hang out.

How has anything anyone posted on this site, in regards to IFLZ, been that of a "bully"? Can you point out specific examples?

Maybe there is just a tendency to "label"? Hmmm.....

Old 08-30-2008, 02:48 PM
JAO

5 posts, read 11,043 times
Talking The ditto heads have arrived ...

The people claiming they play nice are over here not playing nice.

I agree nocalmom. Go check it out for yourself. Don't take anyone's word. Anyone who can read and has 1/2 a brain can figure out that to survive you have to be a stepford wife.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:51 PM

JAO wrote: "The people claiming they play nice are over here not playing nice."

Once again, can you point to some specifics? How is anyone not playing nice, simply by stating they like IFLZ?

Is only one point of view allowed at city data?

Old 08-30-2008, 03:15 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,522,848 times
Hey, get real. I just stopped by IFT and sure enough the link to this discussion is in the chatbox, guess it took IFT being discussed to get you guys over here.

Here is a quote from a post on IFT, written by one of the more even keeled and all around respected long term posters:

"I am seeing what appears to be a pattern of voting done purely on the like or dislike of the commenter. A perfectly sweet or even neutral comment will get multiple thumbs down. I can understand snotty comments getting thumbs up and down, because some folks will agree or disagree with what was said and vote that way. But a neutral comment getting thumbs down really shows the attempt at skewering, and to me that’s rather petty. (And I guess I’m still hoping for the commenters to rise above that kind of behavior…)"

There is a difference between saying you like a site and blindly contradicting the experience of many. As for your numbers, when I stopped by there were 3 online including myself. 1000 hits per day? Yeah, when you post articles on Mesothelomia just for the google ranking, that can happen.

CDF rocks, and the sooner the regulars release their stranglehold on IFT and the owners moderate the users the way this site is moderated, the better.

Enough said.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:53 PM

". . . .blindly contradicting the experience of many"

Hmm, interesting you didn't respond to the fact that only one poster was ever "banned" from IFLZ and that was only for three days for them to calm down a bit.

Or that that poster had engaged in name-calling and foul language. Any response? Or is it okay for you to distort facts...as long as it fits your opinion. . . curious. . .

Old 08-30-2008, 04:09 PM

Can you point to some specifics on this site of people who like IFLZ not "playing nice?"

Otherwise, aren't you engaging in the same censorship you accuse IFLZ of? Just wondering.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:00 PM

19 posts, read 40,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonalog View Post
". . . .blindly contradicting the experience of many"

Hmm, interesting you didn't respond to the fact that only one poster was ever "banned" from IFLZ and that was only for three days for them to calm down a bit.

Or that that poster had engaged in name-calling and foul language. Any response? Or is it okay for you to distort facts...as long as it fits your opinion. . . curious. . .
That's what they're saying is the biggest problem....not enough people are getting due punishment for poor behavior, much of which you seem to be exhibiting now anonalog. It almost sounds like you own that site and are getting really defensive about it.

I wouldn't respond to anonalog anymore nocalmom. I'm not going to either.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:11 PM

...yet no one answered my question. How telling!

Old 08-30-2008, 06:06 PM
JAO

5 posts, read 11,043 times
yes i can analog. i just don't want to 'cause you're baiting. use your eyes and open your mind and go read for yourself. hint, hint: you might want to look at comments from cr, bundy, wendy ...

Old 08-30-2008, 06:57 PM

19 posts, read 40,288 times
Default Op

JAO you rule!

Back to the OP. You can subscribe to the PR both with paper delivery and online. I like the paper delivered to my door since I'm one of those coupon snippers. It's a really good newspaper especially for a community this size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho