Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:17 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,426,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
I'm not sure I get how persons who own and carry guns would be harsh opponents of gun rights?
I dont either to be honest NM.. I wish someone would ask that to Dianne Fienstein D-Ca, and many of her fellow gun toting/gun grabbing politicians.. But of course as Dianne tells it, its to protect herself from NRA members who threaten her life regularly. Sharon Stone is a great example from the entertainment world.. Right after Columbine she publicy declared she was giving up her 2nd amendmant rights and destroying the guns she owned.. Well.... I guess she missed the 12 gauge she held off a stalker that was caught in her gate a few months later.. Her private security was asleep at the wheel and Sharon had to handle things the old fashion way I suppose.

Its all born out of Elitism really.. These "illuminated" ones can handle the responsibility of gun ownership. BUT the unwashed masses could never be trusted with such things. I think I once heard it described as the soft bigotry of low expectations. It must be why the politicians of this mind think citizens should be taken care of and controlled, cradle to grave too.

Sorry, this issue can get me runnin off at the mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,797,863 times
This really can't turn into a political thread...or it gets moved to P&OC and out of the Idaho forum area guys...

Old 09-18-2008, 08:21 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,497,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
I dont either to be honest NM.. I wish someone would ask that to Dianne Fienstein D-Ca, and many of her fellow gun toting/gun grabbing politicians.. But of course as Dianne tells it, its to protect herself from NRA members who threaten her life regularly. Sharon Stone is a great example from the entertainment world.. Right after Columbine she publicy declared she was giving up her 2nd amendmant rights and destroying the guns she owned.. Well.... I guess she missed the 12 gauge she held off a stalker that was caught in her gate a few months later.. Her private security was asleep at the wheel and Sharon had to handle things the old fashion way I suppose.

Its all born out of Elitism really.. These "illuminated" ones can handle the responsibility of gun ownership. BUT the unwashed masses could never be trusted with such things. I think I once heard it described as the soft bigotry of low expectations. It must be why the politicians of this mind think citizens should be taken care of and controlled, cradle to grave too.

Sorry, this issue can get me runnin off at the mouth.
Hope I can respond without crossing the line, but just want to toss in my memories of Feinstein banning guns in SF...when asked by registered handgun owners what to do with their weapons, she said "go sell them in Oakland."

I'm most likely what you'd call a liberal elitist (although I am neither liberal nor an elitist, I find that people who use those labels think I qualify), and I am all for gun ownership, which again calls into question the effectiveness of stereotypes. I'd be willing to wager that most people who get called liberal elitists, like myself, cannot stand Feinstein, who never got my vote, woman or not.

I'll report back here on my experience with the CWP and whether it really is a county by county thing.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,968,159 times
I guess I'm guilty for feeding the fire here... now reluctantly doing my best to hold my tongue (or fingers, I suppose). Guess I'd just be preachin' to the choir anyway. Maybe I should go hit up the P&OC threads to satiate my assertion/perspective jones. I suppose you'd think I'd be more at home in those, but in all my vehemence I still prefer reasonable civility, which can get questionably close to the border line of irrational rage in those arenas.

Enjoy the security of a concealed carry. Those of us who don't have tax-sponsored bodyguards appreciate that permit. Even more wonderful is the aforementioned fact that Idahoans usually don't have to use it anyway due to our - mysteriously to some - low crime.

Okay, stopping...

Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 AM

Stingraynm, good job! Stopping isn't easy, I think it shows that we are all doing our personal best...and in discussing CWP, restraint is certainly key : )

Old 09-18-2008, 03:46 PM

Sorry Sage, my bad for going off on a pro-gun rant..

NM, please keep us updated on your progress or lack there of

Old 09-18-2008, 05:10 PM

Great Debates has a topic for those who wish to discuss Gun Control:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/great...control-3.html

Please note that the Great Debates forum has much stricter rules of conduct in posting than the other forums on City-Data.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:13 PM

Official Update on Answering my own Question:

Bingham County will in fact issue the CWP without formal coursework, yippee! The application process was simple and straightforward, turn around time less than a month. I just put down "week end shooting" in the coursework box.

And for those interested in courses, the Snake River NRA / Spudguns.net has added some November classes in the IF area.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:35 PM

993 posts, read 3,240,862 times
One more reason for our move to Idaho.
I am always on one of my motorcycles. Sometimes I camp in remote locations.

Better to be prepared for the unexpected when I encounter someone expecting the unprepared.

A CWP with be next on my list after new Potato license plates for my herd of vehicles.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:48 PM

Good deal NM!! The more law abiding armed citizens we have the safer we all are. If you need any recommendations on pistols feel free to DM me. I know a bit about guns for women since my wife carries one regularly, and has for many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: