U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-20-2008, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 20,343 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I just got engaged this month and were going to get started on planning the wedding.......we were just wondering if yall had any ideas of where to get married in Idaho. We are from the Sun Valley area but are on a slight budget so the resort might be a little out of reach. We are considering either a late fall/winter or a spring wedding so if you have any ideas let us know. THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 10:33 PM

996 posts, read 1,968,197 times
The park right next to Twin Falls over look.
If you do it in the spring the roar of the water might help drown out the wimpering of her family in attendance

Just fooling with ya....

It is a pretty place

Old 10-21-2008, 03:10 PM

2 posts, read 20,343 times
Desertryder, have you ever been to Canyon Springs Golf Course or Blue Lakes Country Club?? They look like very attractive places to have a wedding at. I do have to agree that the Park at the overlook is gorgeous also. THANKS!

Old 10-21-2008, 05:07 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,864,494 times
My sis got married at the Boise train depot. It's actually a very nice location and the whole setup lends itself well to all the wedding activities and attendees. If you have a tighter budget but don't want to sacrifice a gorgeous ambiance, you may want to consider an outdoor wedding. There are many meadows out near Sun Valley, especially if you travel up around Stanley and Smiley Creek. Those areas have such a great view and perfect early fall/late spring weather, I wouldn't mind holding an event around there. Overall, there are lots of great places in Idaho, including many elegant churches with awesome decor. My parents were married at the Cathedral of the Rockies in Boise, and that's just one of many spectacular church venues in Idaho.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:28 AM

5,490 posts, read 5,394,029 times
Question Outdoor or Indoor?

Idaho Chef,

First, congratulations! Idaho offers many beautiful natural settings and a few indoor ones as well, where a couple can marry on a budget.

Have you thought of somewhere like Mesa Falls for a spring wedding? Or, are you thinking of staying more in the Sun Valley-Twin Falls area?

If you could tell us more of what both of you like we might be able to give you some more ideas. Also, I'd check the wedding guides/services you can visit online. That doesn't mean you have to use those specific services, but you may get ideas no one else would remember to mention.

Good luck and enjoy the process!

MSR

Old 06-28-2010, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 6,568 times
I'm getting married at the Knob Hill Inn in September in Ketchum. It's going to be so pretty with all the fall flowers, and the owner doesn't charge a venue fee. We're having the wedding and reception at the Inn, and it's been pretty reasonable.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:45 PM

8,937 posts, read 3,753,405 times
The Little Chapel of the Valley, in Swan Valley (close to Palisades Lake) is a very pretty place for a quiet, small marriage. Jackson Hole is just over the hill from it.

Last edited by banjomike; 06-30-2010 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho