U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 02:22 AM

23 posts, read 99,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Lidala why do you have the need to get condescending and histionic about diversity? There is plenty of diversity up here, lots of different cultures. Have you ever heard of native Americans? Swedes? Hunkies? Irish? Italians? (or micks and wops if you've been in either of their communities much) French? Krauts? Or is the only diversity you can understand have to do with skin tone?
Those of you who are hung up on race are looking for something to complain about. Having lived in some big cities and all over the USA and serving in the very racially mixed military service, I agree with CBaillo and the Sage. There is plenty of racism among minorities, but it's OK eh? I've been told with a straight face by people with PhDs that only whites can be racist. Those silly and utterly illogical and anti-common sense arguments would have been laughed out of town 40 years ago, now people with >avg. IQs but zero common sense spout them as if they are the gospel. Hint: it's a way to feel superior and smug while looking like you're above the fray, and subtly shaming people into agreeing with you.
What do you suggest, some federal judge order the town to bus people in order to mirrror the USA as far as each race's quota? Now there's a brilliant idea.
I've been called white boy by some guy in the army I thought was OK but he had issues. But do the reverse and you are skewered as "racist" for eternity.
In my experience the ones who scream the most about hate are fullest of hate; the ones who whine the most about tolerance are the least tolerant; the ones always pointing a racist finger are usually the most racist.
Typically they lack the wisdom and courage to look within deep enough to see it. Too busy playing the blame game.
It's called projection and it's a good way to cover your tracks.

Wabbit:

Your little racial diversity speech must have taken years to perfect. Good job! Anyhow... My post regarding racial diversity in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho has nothing to do with histrionics, it has to do with the very real hatred that exists in Idaho and that has clearly existed for many, many years. Call me naive, but until I began doing research for a possible move to the area, I truly had NO idea that people like this still exsisted in the United States of America. That terrifies me and I am as white as white can be.

And yes, Silly Wabbit, I do understand racial diversity of ALL cultures (and colors) and it's laughable that your only example of "racial diversity" in Idaho is spouting off a few European ethnicities. Nice try. The fact is, you want your lilly white bubble to remain intact, but there is a big fat elephant sitting on your weakening little bubble. POP!!!!!!!!! You need to wake up and step out of your time-warp machine. America represents every culture, color, and religion and you can either accept and embrace that or move to a different planet. Oh, I hear Mars is beautiful this time of year.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:39 AM

john:

Too funny... Many years ago, I worked in a restaurant and the Mexican men(cooks) would call me names and I'd call them names (all in fun). Even though there was a language barrier, they were so kind and fun to work with. Truly some of the nicest people in the world.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:25 AM

459 posts, read 1,578,243 times
I honestly don't think, from the tone and nature you are taking, that you are saddening too many Idaho natives by not moving there. Actually from what I understand, your exactly the type that they dont want there, who would get there and end up trying to change it like their home state.

If you really did research the issue you'd know pretty well that Northern Idaho natives actually work hard to get those narrow minded hate filled people out of their state, and still stay actively involved in keeping those types (the supremists) out. So, I call shenanigans.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:14 PM

I agree with you on one thing... I am exactly what some people in North Idaho do NOT want in their region. I am a lilly white person that TRULY believes that ALL people are created equal. I believe that ALL people deserve a chance at a better life. I believe illegal immigration is wrong and there needs to be something done about it. BUT, I still feel for these people and I choose to treat them with respect. I believe that ALL races have good and bad apples and I can admit that white people commit crimes and cause a great deal of the problems in this country. With that being said, I could never blame a certain race for all the woes in our country, when that is a FAR from accurate statement. I don't feel that white people are superior, nor do I feel they are more deserving. I have recently come to realize that I cannot tolerate ignorance or hatred. I realize people in North Idaho worked hard to get the W.S. out, but that does not mean they would be thrilled with their children marrying a Mexcian-American or an African-American.

Maybe you should read the local newspaper and the feedback (from locals), so you can fully understand what I'm talking about.

Last edited by LIDALA; 02-22-2007 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: Oops!

Old 02-22-2007, 03:20 PM

2,728 posts, read 5,701,034 times
LIDALA,

Wow...I don't think you could be more condescending if you tried....

Let me summarize this thread for you "People who disagree with LIDALA must be ignorant inbred crackers with too little intelligence to understand what the intellectual elite are trying to convey and they are a bunch of racists who are afraid of being overrun by minorities"

I give up....

Old 02-22-2007, 04:55 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,506,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns65vette View Post
It is kinda funny here in So Cal where only an african american person can call another african american the "N" word, but if another person does it...look out.
At my work we have a very large diverse workforce here, and we do joke around a lot with each other. I talk smack to the mexicans in our shop, and they talk it right back. The black guys call us crackers, and we call them oreos and everything else. The hispanics call us gringos.....for us it's all in fun...the way it should be.
Whats funny about it? If you dont know the difference you need to take a sociology college course. I dont recall any blacks enslaving whites in america and disinfranchising them. Nobody is stopping you from calling blacks the Nword. Feel free. if you want to use it so bad. Come to Oakland and question some blacks why you cant use it but they can. The only whites who make that ridiculous statement are whites who want to use it but are scared to use it.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:29 PM

459 posts, read 1,578,243 times
LOL there are parts in the south where the racisms just accepted, and that word flows out of white peoples mouths like nothing, w/in ear shot of black people.

Kinda like the Dave Chapelle comedy routine:

white man: "mornin N*****!"
black man: "mornin sir!"

Old 02-22-2007, 07:10 PM

719 posts, read 2,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
Whats funny about it? If you dont know the difference you need to take a sociology college course..
I don't mean that it's funny as in ridiculous that, they can do it, but I can't. I think you're taking what I'm saying out of context. I think maybe you were upset by what the previous posters were writing, while I was just trying to be a little more light hearted.

Quote:
I dont recall any blacks enslaving whites in america and disinfranchising them. Nobody is stopping you from calling blacks the Nword. Feel free. if you want to use it so bad.
Again, I don't want to use it! I am talking about my "friends" at work, that I work with. If for some stupid, inconsiderate reason, I did want to call a black guy the "N" word at work, I can tell you I would immediately be up in the human resouces dept. and would likely lose my job.

Quote:
Come to Oakland and question some blacks why you cant use it but they can. The only whites who make that ridiculous statement are whites who want to use it but are scared to use it.
I have actually had conversations with the guys at my work about it. They told me it's a different type of slang (pronunciation and spelling?). Ends in "A" instead of "ER". I never said I want to use it did I? So apparently you are upset by what I said, so to you, and anyone else that was offended...I apologize

Last edited by YOU-CANT-EAT-SCENERY; 02-22-2007 at 07:19 PM..

Old 02-22-2007, 11:01 PM

The guy was only relaying an innocent little story. Goodness...

Old 02-23-2007, 07:41 AM

719 posts, read 2,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIDALA View Post
The guy was only relaying an innocent little story. Goodness...
Yup...Just another reason I want to get out of the city. To many people with their panties in a wad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho