Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:40 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Heavy drinking and watching reruns of HeeHaw
No need. Just re-reading your entertaining posts, DR, is entertaining enough!

You will be a gem in the gem state.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 04:52 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times
Salmon is nice but its pretty remote.. Other than the river there arent many lakes and stuff.. I also think its a LONG way to an airport from there.. I have a friend from here who was going to move there but has since decided to go to North Idaho because it has much more going on..

If your into a simple slow paced life Im sure it would be a great place to hang your hat, I just like lots of water and tree's and stuff

Old 09-05-2009, 05:34 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,275,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
Salmon is nice but its pretty remote.. Other than the river there arent many lakes and stuff.. I also think its a LONG way to an airport from there.. I have a friend from here who was going to move there but has since decided to go to North Idaho because it has much more going on..

If your into a simple slow paced life Im sure it would be a great place to hang your hat, I just like lots of water and tree's and stuff
Slow-paced is what I want, but I must have beauty. I don't care about water as much as I do mountains and trees. I don't need an airport. So from what you're saying, Salmon isn't all that pretty, correct?

Old 09-06-2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Slow-paced is what I want, but I must have beauty. I don't care about water as much as I do mountains and trees. I don't need an airport. So from what you're saying, Salmon isn't all that pretty, correct?
Its pretty in its own way, but I dont remember it having many tree's..
Im from the desert, and SO tired of barren scenery.. The mountains, tree's, lakes, and rivers really do it for me in N. Idaho.
Plenty of places to get as slow-paced as you like too..

Old 09-06-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Its pretty in its own way, but I dont remember it having many tree's..
Im from the desert, and SO tired of barren scenery.. The mountains, tree's, lakes, and rivers really do it for me in N. Idaho.
Plenty of places to get as slow-paced as you like too..
So what town/city did you choose in N. Idaho? When do you plan on leaving Kansas?

Old 09-06-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
So what town/city did you choose in N. Idaho? When do you plan on leaving Kansas?
We found a nice timbered 25 acre parcel near the south end of lake CdA in Plummer.. Its right off 95, easy drive to Spokane, CdA, St. Maries, Moscow etc.. My knife shop is almost G2G, but will most likely rent a house nearby until we can get a house on the property..
Plummer is a pretty cool little town with all you need day to day including a hospital, supermarket, hardware store, gas stations, resturaunts etc..
If all goes well we should be moved in the next few weeks..

BTW its So. Cal not Kansas

Old 09-07-2009, 11:03 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Trace,
25 acres!!!!! That's awesome! You could build a whole village of shops!
Plummer is a great little town, we drove though last year. And the movie "Smoke Signals" was filmed there! Go in and ask at the Warpath Trading Post, and they'll tell you the whole story!

CC, we drove down through Salmon from the Bitterroot Valley on 93 a few years ago. Gorgeous scenery, trees to your heart's delight, up in the heights. The drive up into Montana is spectacular. Trace has a really good point about having easy access to a major airport, but you could probably drive to Missoula in less than 3 hours, depending on the time of year.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:50 AM

349 posts, read 1,040,287 times
Well Lemhi County has over a hundred lakes, and sits in a valley surrounded by mountains on all sides, we have been named tree city for the last 8 years or so. If beauty and tranquility is what you are looking for Salmon is your town! We have a local airport that flies to Boise daily, also and hour and a half away in Butte, Mt you can fly directly into Salt Lake City. The serenity here is what makes it a great place to live, and we welcome the inconvenience of traveling to live in an oasis.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadbad2004 View Post
Well Lemhi County has over a hundred lakes, and sits in a valley surrounded by mountains on all sides, we have been named tree city for the last 8 years or so. If beauty and tranquility is what you are looking for Salmon is your town! We have a local airport that flies to Boise daily, also and hour and a half away in Butte, Mt you can fly directly into Salt Lake City. The serenity here is what makes it a great place to live, and we welcome the inconvenience of traveling to live in an oasis.
Maybe my memory of Salmon is a bit hazy.. Its been several years since I was there... Im sure its a great place to live.

CFF, I didnt know that about a movie being filmed there.. The guys and gals at the Warpath are very nice, I'll have to ask them about it myself..

Old 09-08-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
We found a nice timbered 25 acre parcel near the south end of lake CdA in Plummer.. Its right off 95, easy drive to Spokane, CdA, St. Maries, Moscow etc.. My knife shop is almost G2G, but will most likely rent a house nearby until we can get a house on the property..
Plummer is a pretty cool little town with all you need day to day including a hospital, supermarket, hardware store, gas stations, resturaunts etc..
If all goes well we should be moved in the next few weeks..

BTW its So. Cal not Kansas
Sorry...It said Kal and I read Kan. Good luck to you. I still want to check out Idaho for a potential move one day. I haven't been to Coeur d'Alene since 1978. I'm originally from Southern CA and now live in Texas. Keep us posted how you like the weather after you're actually living there.
I'm so tired of it still being hot in September and October. I just wonder how I'd fare in really cold weather for months on end...will never know unless I try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho