Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,834,770 times

Advertisements

If you want a beautiful/romantic night, stay at the Best Western Edgewater Resort in Sandpoint. Right on the sand beach, indoor pool/spa, awesome restaurant (killer steaks) right in the restaurant, 200 yard walk to downtown shopping....one of those places you stay and think "I never want to leave"....if you're here on a weekend, take the Lake Pend Oreille Cruise on the Shawnodese....they do a wine and dessert-tasting sunset cruise across the lake to look at the eagles over near the Hope Peninsula....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM

777 posts, read 3,196,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
If you want a beautiful/romantic night, stay at the Best Western Edgewater Resort in Sandpoint. Right on the sand beach, indoor pool/spa, awesome restaurant (killer steaks) right in the restaurant, 200 yard walk to downtown shopping....one of those places you stay and think "I never want to leave"....if you're here on a weekend, take the Lake Pend Oreille Cruise on the Shawnodese....they do a wine and dessert-tasting sunset cruise across the lake to look at the eagles over near the Hope Peninsula....

Wow Sage, sounds great!! Have to leave my 16 yr old stepson home Not likely that will happen

Now the hard part...trying to figure out a route to take and where to stay. Looks like most of my choices are along the I95 and west of there. Not sure whether to look at properties, or just explore the different areas. We will likely just look around, since looking at properties is very time consuming.
Figure I'll leave here on a Saturday or Sunday morning, drive to No Cal to see the in-laws, then leave the following day or maybe two days, after that. Probably end up in ID on Monday or Tuesday night.

Gotta ask the neighbor if they can take care of our horses, dogs, and cats for a week to 10 days. Also have to ask the ex to keep my 2 kids while i'm gone That'll go over like a turd in the punchbowl

Old 06-13-2007, 04:28 PM

180 posts, read 748,261 times
Default Your visit to Idaho

Vette:
Glad you're going to make the trip! Hope you can find just a couple hours to look around Post Falls / Coeur d' Alene etc. If you like Mediterranian/Italian/Greek food, (and LOVE garlic) try the White House Restaurant in downtown Post Falls, Exit 5 off I-90! Great food!!

If you are in Coeur d' Alene / Hayden on Saturday before 1 p.m., be sure to stop at the Farmer's Market on 95N (about 5 miles North of I-90 at the 95/Prairie Ave intersection. Lots of local vendors, music, food and fun (even my husband selling alpaca manure called PacaDoo fertilizer!)

For places to stay in and around Sandpoint, check the Yellow Pages or expedia, orbitz, travelocity. Might be able to find a 'special rate'!

Have a safe and fun trip!

PacaLady

Old 06-13-2007, 05:49 PM

With your username, I was wondering if you raised Alpacas

Old 06-14-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Did you get my previous answers?

Vette: Just wondering if I've figured out how to 'communicate' yet via the forum to answer your question ....

PacaLady

Old 06-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacalady View Post
Vette: Just wondering if I've figured out how to 'communicate' yet via the forum to answer your question ....

PacaLady
I did get your private message, but for some reason I wasn't notified of this post or that I received the PM until I just now logged in...weird Usually I will get email notification of PM's or replies, but there are occassions when it gets delayed.....sometimes by as much as a couple of weeks

Looks like maybe around the end of July for our trip. Been looking at the weather around Sagle/Sandpoint/CDA, and boy it looks soooo much better than the near 100 temps we are already having here

Old 06-24-2007, 09:28 PM

Default johns65vette - current weather

Tonight the weather news indicated that we are 10 degrees cooler than 'normal' (last year we were at LEAST 20 degrees higher). It is all over the map!! Today it hit 68, with 80's headed our way for at least a couple days before it cools off to the mid 70's again. Again, we should be in the mid 70's this time of year!!

Before you head out to visit this area, check the Weather Channel, or weatherunderground The nights are cool .... in the upper 40's and mid 50's, but just like the stock market, it is volatile here, with extraordinary swings in temps that I'm otherwise used to.

Thought you'd like to know to 'bring a sweater' or sweatshirt for the evenings!

PacaLady

Old 06-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacalady View Post
Tonight the weather news indicated that we are 10 degrees cooler than 'normal' (last year we were at LEAST 20 degrees higher). It is all over the map!! Today it hit 68, with 80's headed our way for at least a couple days before it cools off to the mid 70's again. Again, we should be in the mid 70's this time of year!!

Before you head out to visit this area, check the Weather Channel, or weatherunderground The nights are cool .... in the upper 40's and mid 50's, but just like the stock market, it is volatile here, with extraordinary swings in temps that I'm otherwise used to.

Thought you'd like to know to 'bring a sweater' or sweatshirt for the evenings!

PacaLady

Thanks for the weather update PacaLady I usually wear shorts most of the time till the temps get below 50. It would have to be really cold for me to even wear a flannel shirt. Guess I'm hot blooded. I also received your PM Your weather sounds perfect. I don't mind if it gets hot for a day or two, then cools down. Problem here is, it gets hot and stays hot for months on end. It's been 90+ here for the past 3 weeks, with no end in sight. Now summer is here, so we will be looking at 100+ for a while

My boss approved my vacaction time for late in July, so I am hoping to leave here (southern CA ) on Friday the 20th of July, and head up to Placerville (northern CA) to my in-laws, and then probably leave there Sunday Morning the 22nd, and end up somewhere in ID by Sunday evening. I should basically have Monday July 23 through Friday or Saturday, to explore. Reckon we oughta go visit PacaLady and her husband first I'll have to look up Post Falls Motels first. Motel 6 is usually pretty cheap. Shouldn't be to hard to get a room during the week.

Now, I have to submit all of theses dates to my ex so she knows she will need to keep my kids during that week

Old 06-25-2007, 04:41 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,470,523 times
Default Rathdrum to Post Falls

From Rathdrum through the Rathdrum Prairie to Post Falls is changing rapidly. At one time you had Rathdrum, a small town, and then large vast agricultural fields (Rathdrum Prairie) and then Post Falls. Farmers are unable, at least for now, and possibly forever, to burn their fields after harvesting anymore. Because of that these farmers are slowly selling off this land and housing tracks are popping up very fast. It won't be long before that whole corridor between Rathdrum and Post Falls will be filled in with housing tracks etc.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:48 AM

johns65vette
PM to follow regarding trip plans and hotels in the area
pacalady
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho