Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,207 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Arizona for the last 10 years and I miss Idaho everyday. My life is in AZ but my heart is in ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 04:58 PM

215 posts, read 786,417 times
well pheonix girl we sure got dumped on today with snow!! Just came in from shoveling...very pretty outside

Old 01-05-2009, 05:06 PM

993 posts, read 3,242,958 times
Post some pics Kristen. Us flatlander need to see some snow.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 PM

39,807 posts, read 26,327,258 times
stingray, it's funny that you mentioned Homer, AK, I just saw a bumper sticker on a rig here the other day:

Homer, Alaska-A small drinking town with a fishing problem.

Too many things to like about Idaho to list!

Old 01-05-2009, 10:35 PM

Hey Desertryder, you bet..I'll get some pics on tomorrow! Sounds like we've got some type of rain/snow mix tonite? I'm thinking more on the lines of snow! (ahh shoveling)

Old 01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,477,757 times
There's a lot to like about Boise but I'm so happy to go home to the sunshine. I'm happy to have raised my family in this safe, conservative town but home is where my heart is.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:42 PM

16 posts, read 64,723 times
Hi to all!

I live in northern AZ right now, not originally from here. Back east by way of Texas. LOL! We're checking out different places in Idaho and I'd like to know what thoughts are out there regarding the Coeur d'Alene/Spokane area vs. Boise? I've been to both, but not sure what I think yet. Boise "proper" is very beautiful, but the surrounding area is high desert, just like where I live. We love the outdoors and have horses. I'm concerned about the winters in CDA. The last couple of years, they've really gotten dumped on, but if it's not for 6 months out of the year, I'd deal with it. I don't know what the winter is like in Boise. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! We need more green and water!

Old 01-08-2009, 01:48 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,196,979 times
Boise gets an average of 21inches a year in snow. Typically it melts rather quickly. We don't get the snow quantities that the northern part of the state experiences. Our summers extend into the fall (meaning we have nice weather) and I believe we're warmer than the CDA/Spokane area. So yes Boise has a more milder winter than what you'll experience up north.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:25 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,970,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
stingray, it's funny that you mentioned Homer, AK, I just saw a bumper sticker on a rig here the other day:

Homer, Alaska-A small drinking town with a fishing problem.

Too many things to like about Idaho to list!
LOL... yeah, my buddy shared that sense of humor, being a fisherman out of water... uh... hey, I tried. I've been out of commission on CDF lately while being an American in New Zealand, so I'm also getting a nice little review of my own ability to keep a sense of humor in similar - yet different - cultures.

Fun thing on that note... a lot of Kiwi Land is very reminiscent of Idaho, so in some ways I'm getting a bit of home sickness treatment... minus the shooting clubs, but we have plenty of those in New Mexico.

Here's a pic with an uncanny familiarity, taken almost smack dab in the center of the South Island on the way to Mt. Cook NP via several varieties of 45th Parallel (the Southern one) foothills:
Attached Thumbnails
What I like about Idaho-img_4372.jpg  

Old 01-09-2009, 10:19 AM

Its great that someone compares Idaho to New Zealand, never thought about it..always wanted to go to New Zealand as I considered it a very beautiful place to visit...nice that its like Idaho. The sunsets in Idaho always catch my attention, never seen more beautiful ones than here....don't know what it is.
In answer to your questions Bellstar2007, you get a lot of snow in CdA and it stays a long time. Another thread mentioned that wages are not up to property prices there, and I think that's true...CdA is like a resort town, and prices are out of reach for the "locals" there...its comparable to Sun Valley for that.
Boise's prices are more varied and you can find prices in your price range around there, along with the outlying areas. There are still horse properties in Boise, but you'll also find those in Meridian, Eagle, Kuna, Nampa and Caldwell...just depending on where you want to be.
You get the snow in Boise, but it can clear up fast...we just got dumped on this past week and its already gone! Yes we do get winds here, but that varies also depending on where you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho