U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-27-2007, 12:27 PM

21 posts, read 87,326 times

Advertisements

I am one of those folks moving West and have been reading through lots of posts here. Thanks to all who have been posting questions and answers, the reading has been invaluable.

I had one of those laugh-out-loud moments when I started reading that I thought I would share...

I am from the east coast. We don't have many Mormons. So when I kept reading about people with LDS, concerns about LDS, etc., I couldn't help but wonder what it is about Idaho that draws so many learning disabled (LDS) people.

I know better now. When I realized what LDS refers to, that's when I laughed out loud.

Keep posting folks. Idaho sure looks like a wonderful state.

Toadmama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 01:39 PM

304 posts, read 1,004,286 times
toadmama,

I had to laugh at your post! I hate to admit this myself, but when we were first moving to Boise and were looking at certain neighborhoods, we had a realtor that told us the neighborhood had a lot of LDS....I remember wondering the same thing as you!

I felt so silly when it dawned on me what LDS meant. I should have known better; I used to babysit an LDS family when I lived in the midwest. They just never referred to themselves as "LDS" but usually "Mormon"....at least that's going to be my excuse! Ha ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho