Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:31 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
Skiing is expensive and I'm up there in age. I skiied a couple times in my youth and didn't enjoy it. It hurts to fall. Also, if I'm going to spend that kinda money I want to have fun. Plus, remember I don't enjoy the cold. But I liked the reading part of your response. There's lots of time to read up here.
If you're serious about not wanting to be out even on a snowmobile in proper gear then there are other things. Most areas have a bingo hall, which I even enjoy going to play...... what are your current hobbies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 06:13 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
I don't ski either and I live in SNOW COUNTRY and SKIING PARADISE!! All I know is you have to keep moving or you find that every year those pounds keep adding up!!

When I first moved here I just stayed inside, because it was cold.....now I just bundle up and start walking.

Just don't spend to much time on CD or you will find the weight on before you know it!!

Old 01-02-2009, 07:42 PM

278 posts, read 906,370 times
Snowshoeing is fun if you want to get out in the snow without hitting a resort and paying for lift tickets. It can be a lot of work but I find it to be pretty ideal aerobic exercise.

In places like Boise the roads are usually dry enough to do all the summer activities like biking, running, etc.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:08 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd View Post
Snowshoeing is fun if you want to get out in the snow without hitting a resort and paying for lift tickets. It can be a lot of work but I find it to be pretty ideal aerobic exercise.

In places like Boise the roads are usually dry enough to do all the summer activities like biking, running, etc.
ooh ya, that's what we're going to be doing...got some snowshoes for Xmas and need to test them out.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:10 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
What do people do for recreation in the winter that is not snow related? Help. I need some ideas. Thanks.
Try picking up a hobby.....you know what I want to do some day..??? I'd love to sit down and start doing our family tree. I've heard it can be time consuming, but it sure would be interesting.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:46 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,743,697 times
Idahoans: What is there to do in Idaho if you don't ski?

Drink Kokanee and complain about the snow?

Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
idahoans: What is there to do in idaho if you don't ski?

drink kokanee and complain about the snow?
This sounds like the best idea!!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:41 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Idahoans: What is there to do in Idaho if you don't ski?

Drink Kokanee and complain about the snow?

Make that a Black Butte Porter and I'm there with you. Either complaining about the snow, democrats or tree huggers, take your pick.

Other things for the winter...

Get the fishing gear all cleaned up, new line, etc and ready for the fishing season.

Load ammo, clean rifles, practice with the bow, get ready for hunting season.

Sit in front of the fire with the Cabela's catalog and dream...

Work on the ATV and get it ready for the summer (assuming you're not plowing snow with it every other day)

Watch TV and get depressed by just how many really stupid shows are on

Go for a drive and cuss about all the people driving 25mph just because there's a little snow on hwy 95. Or sit at the bottom of a steep snowy grade and watch all the people that haven't driven in snow before.

Fire up the heater in the shop and take on some woodworking projects

Finish up all the stuff you didn't do all spring, summer and fall because you were outside playing every weekend

Think about shoveling the roof. Think hard, you can make it last all day...then your're free because it's too dangereous in the dark.

Get a cup of coffee, look out the window and admire the mountains.

Ice fishing????

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 01-03-2009 at 09:51 PM..

Old 01-03-2009, 10:21 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,066,267 times
Chase each other around the bedroom for a while, do a few push ups and jumping jacks !
Then relax with a smoke !

Old 01-04-2009, 12:41 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Chase each other around the bedroom for a while, do a few push ups and jumping jacks !
Then relax with a smoke !
Now we're making some sense and burning calories
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: