Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 03:23 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,585 times

Advertisements

Today on talk Radio KMJ in the Central Valley of Calif some poor guy was telling the millions of listeners of the joys of Southern Idaho and why he chose to move there from Calif. Lower taxes, less Idiots per square inch , better living....
I was alright with what he was saying untill he invited the entire audience to come on up to Idaho and see what real living is all about.
I wanted to reach through the speakers and squeeze his neck.
After I get to Idaho we don't need any other transplants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,061 times
HA, on KFI they had people call in that have escaped and one guy did not want to divulge his location but finally fessed up it was ID. There was some mention of graffiti in SoCal and that they shoot you for that kind of thing in ID. Yet another caller was in CDA. So, just in those few callers that got through, 2 escaped to ID.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Today on talk Radio KMJ in the Central Valley of Calif some poor guy was telling the millions of listeners of the joys of Southern Idaho and why he chose to move there from Calif. Lower taxes, less Idiots per square inch , better living....
I was alright with what he was saying untill he invited the entire audience to come on up to Idaho and see what real living is all about.

If this was on the daily show I think it was, I'll have to go "apple" hunting and set the record straight; winds blowing all the time, frigid temps, ice, snow 10 months a year

Old 01-15-2009, 06:29 PM

238 posts, read 863,418 times
Don't forget to tell them about the street violence pitting those crazy Arian Boys vs. the marauding Gangs of drug dealers. I for one am afraid for my life on a daily basis

Old 01-15-2009, 06:40 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Every time a magazine writes up Sandpoint as one of the best places to live/retire in America, everyone here groans except the real estate agents....

Obviously we're fine with others moving here (heck...we did) but we also realize the importance of measured/slow population growth to allow a very minimal infrastructure to work correctly......

Old 01-15-2009, 06:54 PM

15 posts, read 58,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post

Obviously we're fine with others moving here (heck...we did) but we also realize the importance of measured/slow population growth to allow a very minimal infrastructure to work correctly......

Sage you are so right. That's a big reason why Arizona is having such a difficult time right now.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
DRobnett,

While I agree with your general political stance, those things go in the P&OC forum and not in the state forum, sorry. But to the idea that part of what made Idaho great is the generally libertarian view of small government, lower taxes, and self reliance, I hope that does not change much with the growth here. We just have to avoid specific talk about political parties and laying blame, if you get my meaning.

I read somewhere that Idaho's population growth overall (while some areas are seeing more growth) is ebbing due to the lack of high paying jobs and due to the housing bubble bursting in "feeder" locations like California and others where folks could retire and pay cash for a house here.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:33 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
HA, on KFI they had people call in that have escaped and one guy did not want to divulge his location but finally fessed up it was ID. There was some mention of graffiti in SoCal and that they shoot you for that kind of thing in ID. Yet another caller was in CDA. So, just in those few callers that got through, 2 escaped to ID.
John and Ken right? They do that fairly often, and have people call in and tell why they are leaving and where they are going. Cali has alot of upset people wanting to get out thats for sure.

I wouldnt worry about it too much DR, most Californians think Idaho is full of Nazi's, KKK, crazed Mormons, and snows 10 months a year.. The ones that know better are the ones smart enough to be there or on thier way already..

BTW Im with you!! I say we throw up a wall around the whole state once we get there..LOL.. To be honest, I think we may be doing more by posting here on CDF than that show will do. Might be time to start shutting our pie holes, or spread some new Urban Legends about Idaho..... Hey I heard Black water is moving there to build a private army and take over the US...LOL

Old 01-15-2009, 07:38 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,585 times
Morman Gangsta's with Huckleberry stains on their wife beater Tshirts.
Thats what I was told to expect as soon as I cross out of Jordan Valley.
Man I am getting a bit scarred now

Old 01-15-2009, 08:27 PM

15 posts, read 58,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
DRobnett,

While I agree with your general political stance, those things go in the P&OC forum and not in the state forum, sorry. But to the idea that part of what made Idaho great is the generally libertarian view of small government, lower taxes, and self reliance, I hope that does not change much with the growth here. We just have to avoid specific talk about political parties and laying blame, if you get my meaning.

I read somewhere that Idaho's population growth overall (while some areas are seeing more growth) is ebbing due to the lack of high paying jobs and due to the housing bubble bursting in "feeder" locations like California and others where folks could retire and pay cash for a house here.

Sage,

Sorry for the post, I'm new to CD. Read the rules, I'll be good .

About the population growth, good to know. This is one time where low wages are a blessing, .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho