U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2007, 01:22 AM

8 posts, read 31,526 times

Advertisements

We are looking to relocate to a town in the Western US that has clean air. We currently live in central Calif. (the #4 worst rated air quality county in the country). We have 3 children aged 6 and under and are expecting another baby in May. Two of our kids have respiratory problems which we have been told by 2 doctors is directly related to the poor air quality. Both doctors also said, "If you can, move out of this valley!"

Currently, we are seriously considering the Prescott, AZ, Twin Falls, ID, and Walla Walla, WA areas. We would love our choice of towns to not only have great air quality but also have great schools, low crime rates, a family oriented small town atmosphere, quality housing that isn't overpriced and an active Catholic Church.

I know no town is perfect but, any information you could provide on these towns or any other towns would be extremely helpful in our decision making process.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 04:38 AM

3 posts, read 12,051 times
I don't think you could go wrong in South East Idaho Greg

Old 03-10-2007, 10:33 AM

273 posts, read 527,938 times
Wink Asthmatic Hubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanairkids View Post
Currently, we are seriously considering the Prescott, AZ, Twin Falls, ID, and Walla Walla, WA areas. We would love our choice of towns to not only have great air quality but also have great schools, low crime rates, a family oriented small town atmosphere, quality housing that isn't overpriced and an active Catholic Church.

Thank you!!
Just passing on some info about Arizona, dr's hubby told him the extreme heat of AZ would be hard on his asthma, so we have elected for Idaho but I also heard Washington State has the best air quality of the U.S (studied in college) so you have 2 great choices in the selection of Idaho and Washington. Hope this heps your decision making and good luck to your family.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:19 PM

18 posts, read 60,089 times
Default wouldn't do arizona

Prescott is getting overcrowded. I live in Mesa, AZ and I am relocating to Idaho Falls soon. The heat is a killer. I hate staying cooped up inside with kids during the summer. I rather be outside. With the snow, atleast you can play and bundle up. Oh yeah. If you say that you have no allergies, just wait until you come here. They will develop. My hubbers asthma gets worse each year.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:14 AM

3 posts, read 10,415 times
We travel with my husbands work, and spent 6 months in Walla Walla. I would not reccomend it for a young family. There is very little as far as recreation. The biggest thing over there are all the wineries. I didn't find people to be very friendly. Although I homeschooled my daughter the news reports on the schools were alarming. Weapons in the elementary school! I was not about to enroll her in school there. Of all the places that we have traveled it was my least favorite. The only one I would not consider moving to.

I loved it in Central Oregon, Bend area. It's not on your list but it would be worth checking out.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:21 AM

18 posts, read 147,809 times
Answer. Spokane!!! It's cheaper and prettier.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:23 AM

18 posts, read 147,809 times
Make sure you compare the real estate prices of Bend to Spokane!

Old 03-24-2007, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 12,051 times
A good Realtor should be able to set you up with automatic email, where as soon as a new listing comes out, it goes right to you IF IT FITS the YOUR CRITERIA !! I sell in Northern Utah & Southeastern Idaho. If some would like to get listings sent to them from this area. Give me your email & name with criteria on property you would be interested in - Lot size, bedrooms, baths, Sq. Ft. And I will do my best to assist someone. I have never did this before on a site like this, but will try it & see if it works. My email is realestateperry@gmail.com My name is Greg. PLEASE only people who are really serious.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:25 PM

155 posts, read 581,908 times
I would really think twice about Prescott AZ - too expensive - its either rich or poor - the poor is really poor-
town is dirty and old west - stores look like 1950's - no culture - no theatres -live in Gilbert AZ - outside of Phoenix and unless you like smog, duststorms, dry desert heat reaching 100 - 120 from May to September - children have to stay indoors to play - can only swim outside in the am until 12 and then after 5pm - skin cancer, sunburns, schools get out mid may and resume mid august due to the heat - sports are played early spring
We have a 12 yr old son - and most of the time he and his friends are playing inside - the days of riding bikes, baseball, soccer in the lot are not here - due to the climate and dust.
Crime is on the rise never mind the price of homes and goods
think twice about Arizona - unless you really like the heat - lots..lots.. lots of retirees and no one knows how to drive - Scottsdale has lost its touch
HArd to make friends and everyone just works to survive - grew too big too fast..
Look at Idaho and Montana
We are going to Idaho, TriCities Washington and Montana this summer - to look - we are definetely moving home is on the market - takes over 180 days to sell average and already homes have decreased by 15% and they are still well over 300,00 to get a deccent home
good luck but think of your family and quality of life before you come this way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho