U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-04-2009, 05:14 PM

420 posts, read 709,566 times
I am slobbering on the keyboard thinking about a giant cheeseburger with fresh onions and hot mustard dripping all over the place. Can't wait til the weekend.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 05:23 PM

996 posts, read 1,935,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
I am slobbering on the keyboard thinking about a giant cheeseburger with fresh onions and hot mustard dripping all over the place. Can't wait til the weekend.

Oh that's right, Monday -- friday all you get is Donuts

Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 PM

5,360 posts, read 5,212,778 times
Post St. George, UT Location of In-N-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Did someone say there were In 'n Out's in metro Salt Lake? Hmm. Their website does not show that. I did hear a story awhile back that someone was trying to copy the concept in SLC though. The real In 'n Out doesn't like that very much.
pw72,

In searching briefly, I found the pending lawsuits about possible "copycats" of In-N-Out Burgers in some UT locations. Not sure what that is about.

I hope Sage will let this go as many have posted about the In-N-Out Restaurant in the St. George, UT area they have patronized as a established business probably for 1 year or more.

It's not like I'm trying to advertise for the chain, I've never been to any location of In-N-Out. I think I finally learned how to write it correctly now.

In-N-Out Burger Customer Service, Washington, UT, 84780 - YELLOWPAGES.COM

In-N-Out Burger Customer Service
832 W Telegraph St
Washington, UT 84780 Map

Washington, UT is outside of St. George, UT.

Someone may want to post in the St. George forum to confirm. It doesn't matter that much to me. Like some have written in this thread, I don't know if I would think there was anything special about the burgers or not. Then again, I may not know what is missing.

Hope this info helps.

MSR

Old 05-04-2009, 08:03 PM

3,973 posts, read 7,081,252 times
Oh, and a belated thanks for welcoming me back. I've been lurking, of course.

The thing about In 'n Out is it is kind of a freakish obsession for some. (maybe me, too, hate to admit it). Their food is quite good. I think a book has just been published about this company!

One of the qualities of the chain is they try to keep their stores within a certain distance from their distribution center near L.A. to preserve freshness. That is why when I hear reports they are expanding to other regions I always question it. They are a strange company in many ways, they have "secret" menu items, and I understand they like to keep some mystery in what they do.

There was another thread on the Texas board that they were headed there. Turned out to be bogus. St. George appears to be within their distance guidelines. I don't think SLC is. Unless they change their plan.

I know, a lot of talk about a burger joint, but this one is legendary in Southern California, no doubt. It's kind of fascinating.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:41 PM

Smile Found It!

Quote:
Oh, and a belated thanks for welcoming me back. I've been lurking, of course.

The thing about In 'n Out is it is kind of a freakish obsession for some. (maybe me, too, hate to admit it). Their food is quite good. I think a book has just been published about this company!

One of the qualities of the chain is they try to keep their stores within a certain distance from their distribution center near L.A. to preserve freshness. That is why when I hear reports they are expanding to other regions I always question it. They are a strange company in many ways, they have "secret" menu items, and I understand they like to keep some mystery in what they do.

There was another thread on the Texas board that they were headed there. Turned out to be bogus. St. George appears to be within their distance guidelines. I don't think SLC is. Unless they change their plan.

I know, a lot of talk about a burger joint, but this one is legendary in Southern California, no doubt. It's kind of fascinating.
pw72,

Always great to have you back. Check out the last page of the "Congratulations" thread.

Ok, I know I've read about this ad nausem in the UT forum, so if you click on the state of UT, you will pull up the Washington City In-N-Out.

IN-N-OUT Burger Click locations if it doesn't come up automatically.

I think it is interesting to read what others like and would recommend, thus the purpose of this thread, I think.

One place I like for burgers is Winger's. One can get take out, otherwise it's a sit down.

Blue Wave, as Breer23 has indicated, would be a Idaho Falls favorite for some. But it is a bar and not for kids.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 05-04-2009 at 09:50 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 04:27 AM
TMA

26 posts, read 71,793 times
Default Burgers

The Handi Corner in St. Maries. I think they have fifty different burgers including one with peanut butter (it's way better than it sounds).

Old 05-14-2009, 04:36 PM

Thought this would be a good place to report there were moving vans outside the Blackfoot Sonic Drive-In this afternoon. Evidently, they're shuttin' that one down.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:32 PM

Question Hmm, Any Ideas of Why?

Quote:
Thought this would be a good place to report there were moving vans outside the Blackfoot Sonic Drive-In this afternoon. Evidently, they're shuttin' that one down.
Thanks, pw72.

Wow, I didn't know a Sonic ever closed. I was dumbfounded at the price listed for the Ammon one.

How are other Sonics doing throughout the state?

Is there new competition in Blackfoot that would account for this, or just less business due to other reasons?

This is a good place, IMHO, to write about restaurants that have closed. Otherwise, someone traveling to the area may be planning a meal at establishment X only to find it isn't open or doesn't exist anymore.

MSR

Old 05-14-2009, 07:36 PM

4,081 posts, read 10,562,124 times
Honestly? I'm surprised the ones in IF and Ammon remain open!

Old 05-14-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Honestly? I'm surprised the ones in IF and Ammon remain open!
Gonna have to agree. The food is not the best at Sonic, IMO. Although their desserts and drinks seem to get high marks. Sonic is a "theme" fast food chain, complete with carhops, etc.

The Blackfoot location always seemed kind of quiet, not much activity. As to why some Sonics do well and some do not, not sure. There is a lot of nearby competition in B.F., (Wendy's, Arby's, McDonalds, Taco Bell), but that usually is an advantage if anything. A "Sonic Mystery" for sure.

BTW, moving vans are not 100% confirmation they have closed, but if I were a betting man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho