Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 03:59 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times

Advertisements

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in Idaho (including my own). I hope every mother has a day where she knows others in her family or community appreciate all that she does for them. Maybe some will actually tell their mothers and share their experiences here

This year I really like the one greeting company's Mother's Day card showing there are many different types of mothers. In the specific commercial I'm remembering not only moms of human offspring, but mothers to canines (or other animals) are remembered too. I like adding those who care of pets and mother them through the difficult times. I also like a different commercial sponsored by a floral company that shows people randomly giving women flowers to honor them.

This year I want to ask all to think about a different aspect of Mother's Day which some may have not considered previously or others have limited how much they think about this reality for many women. There is a group of women who wanted to be mothers and due to various reasons, be it diseases that took away their ability to become pregnant, or medical problems that made it unsafe for these women to become pregnant, or those who have had multiple miscarriages and cannot carry a baby to term, or even those who have lost children to death and other reasons, there are a group of women who struggle on this day. A day that is a happy day for many is painful for others.

All of us have had at least one mother and for some, with stepmothers, or others grandmothers, aunts or other key women who became our mother figures, there are many to honor today. Some of us may feel like some of the other posters at CDF have taken care of us in various ways just like a mother would. For those kind people who give their time to help us, we can all be thankful to have in our lives. And some of those people may be males. This is not a gender discussion; rather, I'm asking you to think about those who have helped you and "mothered" you in a manner that made you feel welcome and cared in the Idaho Forum.

Perhaps it is more appropriate for me to say, "Parent's Day," but for me I think of different traits in those who serve as a father figure vs. a mother. The support, concern and direction has nothing to do with hormones in the message I'm trying to write.

For me, one of the most caring things anyone of CDF has done for me this past year was a DM Sage sent me to make sure things were ok in my life. In no way do I consider Sage a mother. Rather, as our Idaho monitor he has learned how many of us post messages and probably relied upon on his previous training and work in Law Enforcement, and maybe intuition or other, to see signs that perhaps someone isn't doing well at a particular time. Sage, thanks for not only monitoring us, but watching out for us. I still appreciate your DM to make sure I was doing ok in my daily life and I hadn't experienced a major change.

There are so many others who have sent me a DM, or given me rep points and commented on various posts I've written, or given me guidance about some threads or my daily life, or done other very caring things for me that I can't name everyone who has helped me at CDF. However, I want you all to know that I appreciate your caring and thoughtfulness. I consider your actions part of taking care of me, thus serving a "mothering role" for me. Thanks everyone!

Some of us have lost our mothers to death. Nonetheless, each mother can still be honored in a way only her child would know to celebrate her life and sacrifices made the child. Hopefully, there are happy memories filled with love.

From my own biological mother who made tremendous sacrifices in her life during her pregnancy with me, to ensure she could carry me to term, to those who celebrate Mother's Day more traditionally with their family, to those who have mothered me in my daily life when I seemed to need it and those who have made me feel welcomd at CDF's Idaho thread and other threads, I say Happy Mother's Day and thank you for what you've done for me!!

And to those who feel pain on this day, including my own sister, I say I remember. Somehow, for those who so desperately wanted to have children and couldn't, I hope the pain you feel today is a little easier to bear when others acknowledge your losses. Certainly, many have mothered others in various ways when they couldn't have their own children. Nonetheless, a kind word, a listening ear, a telephone call or email/note etc., from someone who cares what those women who wanted to be moms but were unable to have that dream, goes a long way when those women think no one else remembers them today.

Happy Mother's Day for all who mothers of their own children or others with whom they've helped in daily life. I'm proud of all of you. And Happy Mother's Day to those who wanted children and couldn't have them. I'm sure there are many people you've helped, or mothered, due to your own situation.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 09:27 AM

445 posts, read 1,328,174 times
To appreciate a Woman, look at the naked body. To appreciate a Mother, look into the soul.

Happy Mother's Day.

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 05-10-2009, 12:06 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Happy Mothers day to ALL our Mom's here.!!!! Hope you all get spoiled and have a great day.!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:09 PM

993 posts, read 3,251,826 times
MSR that is tthe most thoughtfull and kind thing I ever read on this site.
You bring all of us together in thought of all the mom's and would be mom's.
I am thankfull that my Mom's still with us and my sweet wife who is the best Mom I can think of.
She puts up with me and the 2 other kids that live in this house.
Even the mom's out there that don't have children are mom's to 4 legged kids who need just as much love and attention and as the hell raising 2 legged kind.

Thanks again MSR for posting this beautifull message.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:29 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
To appreciate a Woman, look at the naked body. To appreciate a Mother, look into the soul.

Happy Mother's Day.

pimit2 (Bob)
Makes sense to me.

I'm so messed up I could have sworn it was next Sunday, which would have placed it on my MIL's birthday. Now I have some back pedaling to do

Even though it's on every calendar in the Nation, I forgot!

Happy Mother's Day to all.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:48 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,371 times
Awww....Happy Mother's Day everybody!! And thank you all for such kind words. I just love this forum! Idaho has been good to us, and to our family. My kids made me breakfast in bed and a lovely dinner, : ) and even showered me with gifts : ) and did some chores!

Just wish my own mom would hurry and move out here before next Mother's Day!

Old 05-10-2009, 07:15 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Lightbulb Understanding: In The Eyes of the Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
MSR that is tthe most thoughtfull and kind thing I ever read on this site.
You bring all of us together in thought of all the mom's and would be mom's.
I am thankfull that my Mom's still with us and my sweet wife who is the best Mom I can think of.
She puts up with me and the 2 other kids that live in this house.
Even the mom's out there that don't have children are mom's to 4 legged kids who need just as much love and attention and as the hell raising 2 legged kind.

Thanks again MSR for posting this beautifull message.
You are welcome, DR. One has to have a reader who understands the message being written to communicate. So thank you for understanding and honoring the mothers in your life.

I hope it was a day full of special memories for your wife and your own mom.

MSR

Old 05-10-2009, 11:05 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
What a wonderful thread--Mother's Day is hard for some of us, and you guys just made it a little easier...

Old 05-11-2009, 12:50 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
MSR, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate you very much too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: