Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 01:12 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times

Advertisements

Can you fire these off up there? I just noticed a big add in the Nickel's Worth for one's that don't appear to be of the safe-n-sane variety. Names like "Ghetto Blaster Pack", "140 Shot Sidewinder" and a whole section of "Artillery Shells". In any event, seems like something we should add to the festivities at Trace's BBQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 01:35 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
You can buy pretty much anything down on the reservation. Should be a good year-there's been enough rain that the feels are still nice and green and keeps the fire hazzard down. I always "pucker" around the 4th on really dry years.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:33 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Yepperz, down in our corner they either get the big boomers (unsafe & insane) either up to Alpine, WY or down on the reservation. I pucker as well, never though as much about it before I came a home owner, but certainly get concerned now that we've been homeowners. My huge fear is not only the dry years, but it always seems to be windy on the 4th, well heck it's SE Idaho when isn't it windy?

Old 06-19-2009, 04:43 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
Just don't come over and shoot them off near my horse pasture...it's tough on my fences and vet bills. My nearest neighbors love to do this and it makes me feel so much less guilty when my sheep wander over and eat their flowers.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:59 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,211 times
Oh yeah! You can do the REAL fireworks in Id.. We put on a pretty good little show on our property last time we were up there on the 4th..
The Warpath is right down the road and has a HUGE selection..
Cant even buy sparklers here.. We are REALLY trying to be up there before the 4th for our next trip.. This being a big reason.

BTW I found this cool pic of the fireworks over lake Cd'A.. This was a couple years ago and we were there but I didnt take the pic..

Im a big kid when it comes to fireworks.. The 4th has always been one of my favorite holidays for some reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Fireworks in NID-cda591.jpg  

Old 06-19-2009, 11:57 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Actually Trace, it's illegal here in our corner to do them, however for law enforcement to do anything about they have to catch 'em in the act. Frankly if you're gonna set 'em off in front of the law, well you deserve it.

I had more fun one New Year's Eve watching our drunk neighbor run and hide every time he lit one and thought he saw a cop car coming then I did watching the fireworks themselves

Old 06-20-2009, 02:43 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Actually Trace, it's illegal here in our corner to do them, however for law enforcement to do anything about they have to catch 'em in the act. Frankly if you're gonna set 'em off in front of the law, well you deserve it.

I had more fun one New Year's Eve watching our drunk neighbor run and hide every time he lit one and thought he saw a cop car coming then I did watching the fireworks themselves
Well "legal" is a relative term here... Illegal Aliens (I know thats hate speach) do fireworks here out in the open in front of police... The Cops just sit there and watch cause thier hands are tied.... Now If I were to do that.... Well I'd prolly get locked up...

Tick tock tick tock... Im "almost there"!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2009, 02:08 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
I am fortunate to have a Fire dept Captain as one of my desert riding motorcycle buddies.
He spends all year long confiscating huge illegal fireworks from the locals and destroying them.
He does that by bringing them all to the desert for thanksgiving and New Years and we have a 2 hour show that blows away anything we would have to pay to see around here in central calif.
Those guys must spend big bucks on those 5 inch mortars.
Thank Heaven for the Fire Department...

Now imagine tipping the launch tubes over at an angle that just clears the ground and shooting them sideways......
It's beyond awesome...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho