Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:40 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, its been a few weeks since I posted and figured I would give an update on things..

All was going great in N. Idaho when I got a call from my wife saying that my shop in Cali had burned to the ground with all my knifemaking equipment in it.. Its a major setback, but now the final door on So Cal has been closed.. Its Idaho or bust now!!
Apparently a lawnmower caught some weeds on fire which in turn set the shop on fire. I could care less about the building but losing my machines feels like losing a friend amost..

Anyway, my spirits are up because I know it will be much better in the new shop once I have a chance to replace my things, AND I will be in North Idaho!!!!.. The two weeks we were there were awesome. The people are just amazing, friendly, and helpful. The property was covered in wild flowers, and we even made a new K9 friend from the next property over.. We dubber her Shadow, and she is THE best guard dog I ever saw.
Heck even the dogs are nice in Idaho!!

I'll try and get back in here as much as possible, but will be heading back up in a few weeks to finish things and get ready to MOVE!

Heres a few pics.. My little nieces, and our NID dog, and the other one is my son and the ugly guy with him is me..
Attached Thumbnails
Back from NID..-anid6.jpg   Back from NID..-anid3.jpg   Back from NID..-anid1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 08:13 PM

445 posts, read 1,328,543 times
Hey Trace!

Sorry to hear about the fire. I should have warned you about using a lawnmower, but you will need one to mow down those miserable wildflowers on your NID property! I hope putting your machines back together isn't a major hurdle and you'll be back in business quickly.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time up here, where the people are amazing, friendly and helpful. Bet you can't wait to complete the move. We're all looking forward to saying a big "Howdy" to you and yours. HURRY!

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,585 times
Trace we missed your posts.
Bad news about the fire. Hope your insurance pays for new equipment.
Loved the pictures except for the last one... LOL..
Now what's the plan have in store for you and your family ?

Old 07-16-2009, 02:00 PM

170 posts, read 463,097 times
Oh now, what bad news! I hope you'll be able to replace your tools without too much expense. At least you have something to look forward to with your move. Love the view in the photo with your son, is that where your house will be built??

Old 07-17-2009, 03:27 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,286,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
Hi everyone, its been a few weeks since I posted and figured I would give an update on things..

All was going great in N. Idaho when I got a call from my wife saying that my shop in Cali had burned to the ground with all my knifemaking equipment in it.. Its a major setback, but now the final door on So Cal has been closed.. Its Idaho or bust now!!
Apparently a lawnmower caught some weeds on fire which in turn set the shop on fire. I could care less about the building but losing my machines feels like losing a friend amost..

Anyway, my spirits are up because I know it will be much better in the new shop once I have a chance to replace my things, AND I will be in North Idaho!!!!.. The two weeks we were there were awesome. The people are just amazing, friendly, and helpful. The property was covered in wild flowers, and we even made a new K9 friend from the next property over.. We dubber her Shadow, and she is THE best guard dog I ever saw.
Heck even the dogs are nice in Idaho!!

I'll try and get back in here as much as possible, but will be heading back up in a few weeks to finish things and get ready to MOVE!

Heres a few pics.. My little nieces, and our NID dog, and the other one is my son and the ugly guy with him is me..
Trace--Sorry to hear about your tools. They are like members of the family.

Sometime the burning of bridges (even if uninvited) can be liberating. In any event, your spirit and enthusiasm offer me a chance to reflect on our good fortune to be living in NID.

Great photos (cute nieces) and lovely wildflowers.

Best, S.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:05 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Trace, sorry to hear about your tools. In your line of work, tools are your livelyhood-I hope your insurance is in good shape.

On the brighter side, when are you going to move, given developments? I recall that you have a new shop up already. Were a lot of your tools and equipment custom for your work? I'd guess a bunch of ****/fixtures/specialty stuff were things you built...tough to replace that.

I've got some things you're welcome to use till you get back up to speed-not sure how useful what I have would be to you.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:02 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
Aw Darn Trace, What a blow. So Sorry.

Wonderful pictures. what a pretty view you have.

Chris

Old 07-17-2009, 10:06 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times
Thanks everyone.. Its a tough blow, but I will rise out of the proverbial ashes

The pic with the lake in the background is the south end of lake CdA about 10 minutes from my place..

Toyman, yes I do have the shop in N.Id almost operational now.. Just a bit more and I can work and stay in it until we can get a manuf. home or something on there to get started.

Its all ahead due North at this point.. Nothing left at all for us here anymore.. I cant WAIT!!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:22 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,585 times
From the ashes a Phoenix rises.
Perhaps the name of your next great knife ...
The Phoenix by Trace Rinaldi..

If my wife would get a job I would order one....

Old 07-18-2009, 11:19 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
Trace, I just remembered there is a knife maker here in Midvale. Dwight Towell He dose some really nice knives. He will show up on Google. Born here in Midvale

Chris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho