U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-07-2011, 05:20 PM

3,768 posts, read 4,301,408 times

Advertisements

MSR, tea is good, too! The porch can accommodate everyone's favorite beverage. In the summer we have a cooler with Kokanee over in the corner, otherwise everybody imagines their own drink!

Elousv, those are some impressive icicles! Maybe we can pick them, put'em in the freezer, and use them next summer to cool the Kokanee!

Guys, sorry I haven't posted a January 2011 Events thread--I'm on a BlackBerry again, and it's too hard to juggle info and links. But I'll do a February thread if I have regular computer access by then. In the meantime, if you know of any great Idaho January events, just post them here or in a separate thread. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 08:47 PM

691 posts, read 1,382,885 times
OH Yah I love tea. There are so many special ones out now.Right now I am into Peach Tea. Lemon Soother was my all time favorite.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:50 AM

I used to be a tea addict, but can't handle the caffeine these days Just plain orange pekoe was my favorite. Plenty of good decaf teas, though.
Although I've given up asking for decaf coffee in NID restaurants and diners--those looks from the waitresses!!! Now I've joined the rest of the NID breakfast crowd and order regular coffee--it's rarely too strong, anyway. Reminds me of our old thread, You know you're a newcomer to Idaho when...you ask for decaf coffee!

Old 01-10-2011, 08:49 AM

2,858 posts, read 3,256,225 times
Jeez...the temp discrepancies in this area. Just watching KREM news and they Sandpoint is 14 degrees right now. It's -2 here just this side of Baldy.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:37 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,978,938 times
On our way back from a Mexico cruise.... -8 in central Utah at 4PM...ugh. SLC is 15 degrees...which sure seems warm by comparison. Looking forward to being home in NID...whatever the temps...

Sage

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P. J. O'Rourke

*** Please read the CDF Terms of Service ***

Old 01-11-2011, 12:49 AM

1,559 posts, read 1,358,128 times
Hey, all, I have landed a job in Kellogg, ID, at a medical facility there. My wife works at WalMart. She has called the Smelterville store and the Personnel lady there says there's almost no turnover of employees there.

Question for you that know the N. Idaho area well. Would it behoove us to move to Post Falls, Hayden or Couer d'Alene so she can look for work at the WalMart's in Hayden and Post Falls? Reason I ask is I called on a rental home in Post Falls this morning, and the lady working in the office said that she wouldn't recommend locating there to the west and driving back to Kellogg to work, because of the nasty icy winter driving conditions on I-90.

What do you all think? She's a local to the area so I felt I should respect her opinion. She said that they'll be moose in the road, accidents all over and I could get hit by a truck on I-90. I'd still be willing to give it a go but it spooked my wife real bad and she doesn't want to live now in those western panhandle towns. What'cha'all think about it?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 AM

2,858 posts, read 3,256,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
On our way back from a Mexico cruise.... -8 in central Utah at 4PM...ugh. SLC is 15 degrees...which sure seems warm by comparison. Looking forward to being home in NID...whatever the temps...

It got down to -8 here last night...it's -4 now. Mexico sounds good.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Hey, all, I have landed a job in Kellogg, ID, at a medical facility there. My wife works at WalMart. She has called the Smelterville store and the Personnel lady there says there's almost no turnover of employees there.

Question for you that know the N. Idaho area well. Would it behoove us to move to Post Falls, Hayden or Couer d'Alene so she can look for work at the WalMart's in Hayden and Post Falls? Reason I ask is I called on a rental home in Post Falls this morning, and the lady working in the office said that she wouldn't recommend locating there to the west and driving back to Kellogg to work, because of the nasty icy winter driving conditions on I-90.

What do you all think? She's a local to the area so I felt I should respect her opinion. She said that they'll be moose in the road, accidents all over and I could get hit by a truck on I-90. I'd still be willing to give it a go but it spooked my wife real bad and she doesn't want to live now in those western panhandle towns. What'cha'all think about it?
Hi, and welcome to the porch! We had a thread not too long ago about commuting from Post Falls/CdA to Kellogg, so you should be able to find some answers there. Just do a search on Kellogg. If I remember correctly, the consensus was that it's a tough commute in bad weather.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:04 AM

1,559 posts, read 1,358,128 times
That is what I recall about the commute. The latest is that we're gonna just rent a house in Kellogg, and my wife will just need to find work there, or in Smelterville. She doesn't drive, so we were thinking there'd be more jobs on the busline over in CdA and Post Falls. Really looking forward to returning to a land of green trees, I'm from the Seattle area and this scrub brush crap here in NE Nevada just don't cut it.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:51 PM

13,058 posts, read 6,398,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
That is what I recall about the commute. The latest is that we're gonna just rent a house in Kellogg, and my wife will just need to find work there, or in Smelterville. She doesn't drive, so we were thinking there'd be more jobs on the busline over in CdA and Post Falls. Really looking forward to returning to a land of green trees, I'm from the Seattle area and this scrub brush crap here in NE Nevada just don't cut it.
I think you're doing the smart thing, renting in Kellogg and getting to know the area. Plenty of people make the CDA-Kellogg commute, but only you can decide if you want to put up with it. The bad part (4th of July Pass area) is only 5-10 miles, and it's good, wide highway. It's also hilly and twisty. The highway crews do as good a job as possible.

Good luck and welcome in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho