U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-13-2011, 05:22 PM

2,854 posts, read 3,247,042 times

Advertisements

Snow Day!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 12:56 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,349,745 times
Can't wait ta get to Kellogg, ID! We have the 3BR, 1BA rental home in Kellogg. It has a fenced yard for our puppies and 2 sheds out back. Evidently it's in Kellogg's cemetery district. That's just fine with my wife and I, they make good neighbors, eh?

Old 01-14-2011, 01:31 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,285,381 times
Good news all around, I guess! Snow!
And Kellogg! :hand: Congrats on things coming together. I forgot if you mentioned it, Elko, but when are you making the move? Remember to label all your boxes , and keep one overnight box handy with all your essentials for the first night in the house. That's a piece of advice Chris (Shades of Idaho) posted a while back, and it's really good!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:29 PM

Hey, thanks for the great tip on keeping one box out for essentials on move night, I'll keep that in mind. We showed 4 people the Elko, NV, rental home today, and there's another open house tomorrow. So the landlord should have plenty of candidates to choose from tomorrow when he does his background check.

So we're thinking we'll be free to move around Wed. the 19th of Jan., give or take a day or so. Can't wait to get the U-Haul and get moving. I'm a native Pac. NW-erner, Seattle to be exact, so this is really exciting to even be getting back to the inland Pac. NW.

We'd love to take that cool gondola ride up from Kellogg. I read that it's the longest gondola ride in the world.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:06 AM

Wow, this coming week! Good for you! We had a thread last year about the best route north for a moving van. Not that there are all that many options from Elko. Going up 93 to 95? Check out the weather for the White Bird area--the grade is, shall we say, impressive!

Old 01-17-2011, 12:56 AM

I'm thinking of going up 93 to the 84, then head east to the 15 at Pocatello. Then on up 15 all the way to I-90. Long trip it is!

Old 01-17-2011, 03:39 PM

It's the long way around, but probably a good idea this time of year. At least there won't be any endless road work on 15 in Montana like last summer, I presume!
Have a safe journey, and check in with us when you've arrived in NID!

Old 01-17-2011, 11:05 PM

I will, I called and checked on the rental home in Kellogg this morning. It's still there! Whoo-hoo! My wife works her last night of work tonight at the Elko, NV, WalMart.

There is not the opportunity to transfer laterally over to the Smelterville, ID, WalMart, but that is the store that would be the best fit for my wife to work at. I'll be at a large medical clinic in Kellogg working there.

So we're cleaning our Elko rental house up the next couple days and our landord gave us a good reference for Kellogg. Stoked to be heading up to the inland Pacific NW! I will check in once we arrive and I get my computer hooked up up there...there best not be much of a delay with that.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:08 PM

691 posts, read 1,380,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Can't wait ta get to Kellogg, ID! We have the 3BR, 1BA rental home in Kellogg. It has a fenced yard for our puppies and 2 sheds out back. Evidently it's in Kellogg's cemetery district. That's just fine with my wife and I, they make good neighbors, eh?
LOL Being in Kellogg's Cemetery district only means you pay taxes to help support the cemetery. Not so much that it will be next door. Really though cemeteries do make great neighbors and some one else has to mow and water the lovely lawns. Ask me how I now.LOL

But if you are renting then your landloard pays those taxes.Usually not much.

Welcome. Have a safe trip. Kellogg is a pretty place.

Chris

Old 01-19-2011, 09:23 PM

691 posts, read 1,380,945 times
Default Elk on the Highway

Came in to post my pictures from yesterday. I took them at 60 MPH in the rain so not very well staged.We had a big truck hot on our tail so could not slow down.

This is a cool elk ranch on High 95 about 10 miles from us. Halfway between Midvale and Weiser.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
The North Idaho Front Porch-1-18-10-elk-b.jpg   The North Idaho Front Porch-1-18-11-elk-.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho