Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 07:41 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times

Advertisements

We are having fantastic weather here in Midvale. Supposed to change tomorrow. 89 degrees today and 69 tomorrow. Possible SNOW at 5000 foot Wednesday. Then it is supposed to warm up. Not unusual for here. Looking forward to winding up the yard work for the year. Moving inside to painting and my favorite projects, mosaics. Woo Hoo come on winter!!!!!

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 10:35 AM

30 posts, read 82,171 times
Hi Toyman. Back from the trip of which we spent a couple days at Priest Lake and a couple on the Hope Penn. When we arrived in Priest Lake found most of the camp grounds shut down for the season as well as most everything else... ugh. No boat rentals for my fisherman friend. Streams closed so we explored some and headed to Hope. The campgrounds on the penninsula were very nice but again almost everything shut down for the winter. Both Hope and Clark Fork were very hokie but the few people we talked to were nice. We did find one boat for rent at the marina in Hope but they would not rent until 9 am and wanted $80 for four hours the small aluminium boat
was just not worth it. We had lunch on the floating resturant which was nice. Weather was perfect and I liked the town of Sandpoint. All in all too much driving in too little time.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:12 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaadub View Post
Hi Toyman. Back from the trip of which we spent a couple days at Priest Lake and a couple on the Hope Penn. When we arrived in Priest Lake found most of the camp grounds shut down for the season as well as most everything else... ugh. No boat rentals for my fisherman friend. Streams closed so we explored some and headed to Hope. The campgrounds on the penninsula were very nice but again almost everything shut down for the winter. Both Hope and Clark Fork were very hokie but the few people we talked to were nice. We did find one boat for rent at the marina in Hope but they would not rent until 9 am and wanted $80 for four hours the small aluminium boat
was just not worth it. We had lunch on the floating resturant which was nice. Weather was perfect and I liked the town of Sandpoint. All in all too much driving in too little time.
Shoot. Somehow I missed your post about Priest Lake. I live just south of it. There are a few nice campgrounds open: Lionshead and Dickensheet are open till the end of October and Indian Creek is open year round. All three are beautiful. It is pretty quiet up here once the tourist season winds down. Compared to Sandpoint, it's quiet all the time here.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:44 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,870 times
Planted first cherry tree the other day and momma deer had some salad. Got some deer repellent and will spray it on the leaves to see if it works. The wildlife has to eat too I guess.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:54 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
With our fruit trees we put tall hog fencing around it and that worked well with the deer.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:19 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaadub View Post
Both Hope and Clark Fork were very hokie but the few people we talked to were nice.
Hokie????

Old 09-29-2009, 08:06 PM

30 posts, read 82,171 times
No insult intended. Maybe the wrong one word term to use. Just meaning that there were the minimal number of parts needed to be classified as a spot on the map. Used hokie as in, not complicated with much.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
OH Hahahaha kaadub has not been to Midvale then if he thinks Clark Fork is Hokie

Chris

Old 09-30-2009, 07:00 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
It's cold here! Finally. Good weather for making and canning lots of apple butter. Luckily I have a friend with an orchard. We're starting our own in the spring...we have the perfect place for one and we have an orchard consultant helping us out. Who knew there was such a thing?
Next up for the canner: pumpkin butter and canned pumpkin for pies, muffins, etc.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
It's cold here! Finally....

Bite your tongue... May is a long long way away. After a couple of days of cold, grey weather, I'm ready for indian summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho