Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 09:38 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,743,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
Those are not "deer." They are Giant Forest Rats.
Yes they are. I miss my Great Pyrenees. Now the deer are eating my day lillies and lilac buds. I almost hit one tonight and they are gathering in my front yard. They need to be eaten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 10:03 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,161,188 times
The only good deer is in the freezer.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:32 AM

291 posts, read 438,277 times
Freezer deer, the best kind.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:43 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,248,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
Those are not "deer." They are Giant Forest Rats.
I've eaten rat, and I've eaten deer. I do prefer deer!

Old 04-12-2015, 01:14 PM

199 posts, read 315,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Would someone like a deer? I seem to have an extra that's been trimming my trees at night.

I use a thing called a "ScareCrow", not the dummy hanging on a pole, it's a motion activated RainBird sprinkler. It's worked great for me, keeps the Raccoon's out of my small fish pond and the deer away from my young Japanese Maples.

Do a search for "ScareCrow Motion-Activated Animal Deterrent", it's 80 bucks but does the job.

How it Works

Protect gardens and yards from common animal intruders. The original ScareCrow motion-activated animal deterrent uses a startling but harmless burst of water to deter pests. The sudden noise, movement and spray scare animals away.

Proven to solve the most common animal complaints: deer, raccoons, heron, cats, and more
Effective alternative to harmful chemicals and unattractive netting
Protects 1200 sq. ft. day and night, all season long
Guaranteed effective from day one
Can link several together for larger areas
Conserves water - just two to three cups per deterrence
Operates up to six months on single, nine-volt battery

Old 04-13-2015, 10:03 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,536 times
Default Ref posts 1977 and 1992 of this thread

I thought I would give an update if anybody gives a hoot of our impressions after a year. As it turns out, we both love RVing. Our setup has turned out to fit us quite well. The Ram pulls this 10K lb trailer no problem. I can go 65 up the 4th of July pass and with the exhaust brake I can go 35 down the Lewiston grade. I bought longramps (9.5ft) so the approach angle to get the ATV into the bed is moderate. I get 11-12MPG towing and I have seen 23-24 highway with no load. The trailer pulls nice with the Andersen hitch. The trailer is the size of my first apartment and is very comfortable. The only problem, if you call it that , is the length makes you have to plan your route. I have no training as a big rig driver and this is actually harder to maneuver. I ask for pull-throughs when I call the RV parks.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:23 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,122,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I thought I would give an update if anybody gives a hoot of our impressions after a year. As it turns out, we both love RVing. Our setup has turned out to fit us quite well. The Ram pulls this 10K lb trailer no problem. I can go 65 up the 4th of July pass and with the exhaust brake I can go 35 down the Lewiston grade. I bought longramps (9.5ft) so the approach angle to get the ATV into the bed is moderate. I get 11-12MPG towing and I have seen 23-24 highway with no load. The trailer pulls nice with the Andersen hitch. The trailer is the size of my first apartment and is very comfortable. The only problem, if you call it that , is the length makes you have to plan your route. I have no training as a big rig driver and this is actually harder to maneuver. I ask for pull-throughs when I call the RV parks.
I'm sure it beats 'the hell out of California'

Old 04-13-2015, 10:37 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,161,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra don View Post
Do a search for "ScareCrow Motion-Activated Animal Deterrent", it's 80 bucks but does the job.
Interesting gadget, tho awful expensive if you need to cover a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I thought I would give an update if anybody gives a hoot of our impressions after a year. As it turns out, we both love RVing.
Pictures or it didn't happen!

Old 04-14-2015, 11:28 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,536 times
Chillin' in Wallace:

Nice campground with clean bathrooms and easy walk to town. Best of all there is a BREWERY ON SITE!!!

Great spot to launch ATV adventure from, entire town is ATV friendly. Easy to get to places like this:

Old 04-14-2015, 07:30 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
I could get into RV'ing, but the money is earmarked for the cabin! We do have a little travel trailer that we use while we're staying at our property; the first summer we owned it we slept in it, but it is so small you have to go outside to take a breath...Since then we've been able to sleep in the cabin, and cook and shower in the trailer, and that has been a great solution until we get plumbing installed in the cabin. Maybe then we'll actually use the trailer for traveling! You definitely have to get used to the tight space, and everything being tucked away. It's about the size of my first apartment, too! That'll tell you something about my first apartment .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho