Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 09:13 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I can't believe it! We looked at a gorgeous piece of property on Reload Road just south of east Elmira Road in 2008...20 acres of bare land, wooded, with meadows. A creek running through it. A view all the way up and down the valley, with Schweitzer to the SW. But it was 20 K beyond what we could handle, and not quite as rural as we wanted. And we did find a piece of property we liked even better, and we bought it . So I know the general area! I'm glad your health improved by going back to AZ, but I can understand why you'd miss Idaho, and that area in particular... Here it is! Looking toward Schweitzer.
I remember your area very well. I couldn't see Schweitzer, or much of anything else, from our place. Way too many trees in the way! lol We bought our place in 1991 and paid $20,000 for our 20 acres. We also had a small creek running through our place so water was no problem...except in 1994 when we had the hottest and driest summer in 100 years. We actually ran OUT of water that year. Not good for my huge garden! But, being the innovative person I am, I managed.

I guess we were higher in elevation than you are. We couldn't even drive in and out from our place from about Halloween to Easter! Had to park waaay down the road and either 4 wheel it, cross country ski or walk. If we planned to spend the day in town, in winter, we left in the dark and got home in the dark! lol I always said we had three seasons up there...deep snow, deep mud and dry dust!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 09:16 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Mountains, nothing. It's snowing hard here and last night the ground was covered with those funny looking little snow/ice balls that look like styrofoam. I've got to run out to the grocery store in Newport. Can't be any worse than Sandpoint yesterday. Walmart was awful. Close to the first of the month...bad time to go. Why must people stop to talk on their cell phones right in front of something I want to pick up. And why do they bring their kids and let them run around and block aisles. grouch..grump...gripe
Wal Mart must be the same everywhere. My mom and I went yesterday and...well, that's all I'll say about THAT!!

Old 04-04-2010, 11:34 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Got some snow over the last couple days, but nothing sticking.. Today its bright and sunny. I hope the rain/snow continues for a while... The lake levels are down a bit, and its almost Jet Ski season.! Gonna go for a ride on the quads today.. Still tons of trails we need to explore.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:52 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
You guys get snow--we get earthquakes! One big one and at least three aftershocks since 3 pm. I was outside doing yardwork, and the world decided to move away from under me. Fortunately it rolled back to its previous position...the rolling seemed to last a long time, about 20 seconds. And we just watched 2012 the night before! No damage as far as we can tell, but our dog is really unhappy...

Old 04-04-2010, 07:17 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
You guys get snow--we get earthquakes! One big one and at least three aftershocks since 3 pm. I was outside doing yardwork, and the world decided to move away from under me. Fortunately it rolled back to its previous position...the rolling seemed to last a long time, about 20 seconds. And we just watched 2012 the night before! No damage as far as we can tell, but our dog is really unhappy...
We just watched 2012 last night. My husband just mentioned the earthquake to my daughter and her eyes got big.
Be careful down there!

Old 04-05-2010, 01:25 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Quote:
That was a pretty big rumbler.. I dont miss quakes at all.... Keep a plan in place and stock up on some supplies just in case there is more to come CFF..

Old 04-05-2010, 02:44 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,416 times
Hang in there CFF. Stocking up is good advice. At least one weeks worth of food and water. My prayers are with you.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:07 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
I just went down and stocked up on water, batteries, TP and dog food! Those seemed the most essential items to me! Thanks for your good wishes, friends--we're always semi-prepared down here, but not to the extent we ought to be. 3 days' worth of food and water in case there are no deliveries, that's drilled into us. But the extended self-reliance drill is something we shouldn't just practice mentally...we've been so focused on fire preparedness that we've kind of forgotten the other dangers...and rattlesnake season has already started!

Old 04-05-2010, 09:50 PM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
CFF, sounds like you better load the truck and start heading north. We don't want anything happening to you before you make the big move.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:13 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,923,786 times
Yes do be careful down there CFF.

As far as stocking up. We have lived in the sticks so long we could easily eat for a month from our pantry and freezers. Learned to add lib with cooking too. Hehehehe Gets interesting some times.

Chris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho