U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-20-2010, 10:42 PM

102 posts, read 206,041 times
Chris- give yourself more credit!! I would definitely say that requires some talent! I wish I could make curtains!!

Bob- LOL, that is too funny, when I first read your post I really thought you were writing a book....then I did more reading on the thread and realized I missed something. I still think you should write that book... haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 12:11 AM

3,586 posts, read 3,907,433 times
Hi on the porch! We went to the cutest little rodeo today, in Ramona, CA. Way up in the hills, a really blustery day, no more than 54 F, everybody was bundled up, huge dark clouds hung over the mountains, with an occasional ray of sunshine, and it looked and felt so much like springtime way up north! The rodeo was fun, everybody made a great effort, cowboys showing off their roping skills, even if it was with bright blue and red lariats... Lots of proud women riders these days with pony tails as long as their horse's tail! And it was so much fun to see the families with tiny kids in the audience, boys and girls wearing little cowboy hats. It's a new generation, but the tradition lives on, even in SoCal.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:46 AM

1,043 posts, read 2,093,613 times
This is what it looked like here in the Palouse today CFF... This is a little private pond we fish about 10 minutes from my place.. Its got some nice bass in it... Its late in the evening, almost 9PM in some of these, the days are getting longer... We can knock off work at 5, and still have a good half day of fishin and recreating... This is after we had already been turkey hunting too.....

BTW N... Yes sometimes I do think Im gonna wake up and still be in Kali... I look around all the time and think DANG!!! IM really here!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The North Idaho Front Porch-apond.jpg   The North Idaho Front Porch-apond1.jpg   The North Idaho Front Porch-apond2.jpg   The North Idaho Front Porch-apond3.jpg   The North Idaho Front Porch-apond5.jpg  

The North Idaho Front Porch-apond7.jpg  

Old 05-24-2010, 10:17 AM

3,586 posts, read 3,907,433 times
Wow, Trace, those are incredibly beautiful shots! And it looks like where I grew up! I was out fishing with my dad all the time. Guess I'll need my old skills in NID!

Too bad you couldn't post the bird song, too...it must be intense! (and the whine of the skeeters...? comes with the territory!)

Old 05-24-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Wow, Trace, those are incredibly beautiful shots! And it looks like where I grew up! I was out fishing with my dad all the time. Guess I'll need my old skills in NID!

Too bad you couldn't post the bird song, too...it must be intense! (and the whine of the skeeters...? comes with the territory!)
No Skeeters N, but those birds were kinda noisy.. I was using top water baits, and they kept swooping like they might attack it..Ha!! I sure didnt want to catch a bird while bass fishin...

Old 05-26-2010, 02:34 AM

Soooooo El. BRING it!!! Lets see some new pics my friend..... Im tryin to cover you, but my meager Sony Cybershot can only do so much...

Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,840,207 times
Been busy working around the house. I did pick up this bad boy though;

Cabela's on sale for $20 and made in the USA. Sandvik 13C26 blade.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Been busy working around the house. I did pick up this bad boy though;

Cabela's on sale for $20 and made in the USA. Sandvik 13C26 blade.
NICE EL! That knife was designed by one of my bestest buddies...
That speed safe is pretty cool too..

Old 05-26-2010, 04:17 PM

12,349 posts, read 5,766,134 times
What kind of lock do they have on that blade? Doesn't look like a liner lock. Speed safe, what's that?

elousv, nice looking knife!

Trace, are you doing any folders now? I like my Benchmade, but am thinking about upgrading. I wear Wal-Mart cloths (or 2nd hand), drive an old truck, but tend to splurge a bit on cutlary.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:24 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,840,207 times
Here is a shot open showing it locked:

Another angle:

Shot of back showing clip:

I came from the factory nice and sharp. It works smoothly with a flick of the thumb and wrist. SpeedSafe is another technology that Kershaw has

KAI USA : Kershaw Knife Technology
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho