Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 03:43 PM

42 posts, read 145,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
I have alot in common with you in escaping So. Cal... Do yourself a favor and if you drive take the 55 to the 95 from Boise.. From there on it just gets amazingly pretty all the way up, and I would go as far as Sandpoint at least.. CdA and anywhere around there would be an incredible place to live epecially with all the colleges in the area.. Good luck!!
Thanks I appreciate the pointers. I do drive, but I don't currently have a car. I'm hoping to change that in the not to distant future though and then maybe I can take a road trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:02 PM

170 posts, read 461,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
I have alot in common with you in escaping So. Cal... Do yourself a favor and if you drive take the 55 to the 95 from Boise.. From there on it just gets amazingly pretty all the way up, and I would go as far as Sandpoint at least.. CdA and anywhere around there would be an incredible place to live epecially with all the colleges in the area.. Good luck!!
I totally agree with Trace. My husband and I did that drive in May and it was absolutely awesome.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:00 PM

10 posts, read 25,771 times
stay awhile in pocatello. 55,000 pop, has college in town. its a high mountain desert (4500 ') so not as woodsy as north idaho. has many hiking trails within 30 minutes. its within a few hours drive of a lot of stuff, salt lake, boise, yellowstone, tetons etc. it's large enough so that theres more than 1 place to shop. not as expensive living i moved here march 2007 from milwaukee, wis. and never want to go back ! i also got tired of the big city, high taxes, crime etc. i love it here in idaho. although i live in se idaho ANYWHERE in idaho would be an improvement from where you live now. each area has it's plus-negatives. take a couple of weeks and drive from from top to bottom.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:58 PM

7,354 posts, read 12,596,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelifespark View Post
Thanks I appreciate the pointers. I do drive, but I don't currently have a car. I'm hoping to change that in the not to distant future though and then maybe I can take a road trip!
Lifespark,
The road trip season is really coming to an end now--short days, slick roads--but here's something to consider for next spring/summer, if you still don't have a car by then: Fly to Spokane and rent a car for a week, and do a scouting trip that includes at least CdA and Moscow, and check out the schools. Another thought: When I was a graduate student I did two major trips around the West by bus, so if you're adventurous, that might still be an option, and that way you can also catch some of the other places you're curious about. If you can travel with a friend, that would be even better, and safer. Think about it over the winter. I'm sure some of us will be only too happy to help you plan the details when the time comes, just say the word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho