Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:40 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,211 times

Advertisements

Rock on DR!! Thats great news buddy! Im SOOOOO loving it here in NID..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 06:15 PM

22 posts, read 71,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomac View Post
Typical gummint...."Ya ain't done til I tells ya yer done!"

There are a couple of little clauses in the retirement package that turn out to be not in my favor. If I choose to not do the extra year, it will cost me about $18k per year in retirement payments. That's not a small amount....a couple of new bikes per year!!

What do you mean "even if we are old and gray"? I already am old. However, there is only a little gray.....because there is only a little bit of hair left!

I'm beginning to wonder how I'll do out there. It is in the upper 50's in the early morning here (yes, quite a drop from the daily 120's and 130's) and I'm freezing. Daytime is gorgeous though...right around 80 degrees and light breezes. I could get used to this part!

I've been offline for a while, so will go back and read the rest of the mail now....I'm only up to early October.
Hey neighbor, that's no small amount of change for sure. Gotta hang in there just a bit more.

I hear ya about the weather right now. Best time of year in my book and a good time to work out after midnight since I work swings. Gyms are all empty except a few people. Had to get ready to work on my house and I'm too outta shape to get on the roof to change out shingles. Co-worker is taking the time to be my trainer. Sounds like I'm up north of you just a bit (C.T.).

What's also cool is that my next door neighbor over here is from my home town. Well she's lived there most of her life, I just bought a house there so I'm a newbie. Great people in the area though.

Well shower time and maybe a trip to the DFAC. Be safe and chat later on.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:52 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
Just flew home from Boise via Delta Airlines.
Got my huge trailer and 4 motorcycles up to Idaho. Only blew one trailer tire.
25 minutes later back on the road...
Escrow did close on our old place so now were out by next week.
Had a Great time towing the big rig over the snow covered HWY95 near Jordan Valley early wednesday morning. Took it nice and easy and made it through.
Wife and kids dogs and cat next week and one last trip through Reno.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:47 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
Yah DR One Giant Step forward. Soon we will be saying Welcome Home.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:50 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Had a Great time towing the big rig over the snow covered HWY95 near Jordan Valley early wednesday morning. Took it nice and easy and made it through.
That is fantastic news DR. You spending Thanksgiving in ID or?????

Old 11-19-2009, 08:32 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,211 times
WoooHooo!!!! Rock on DR!

Old 11-20-2009, 01:32 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
DR, start singing "Kali in the rear view mirror!"

Old 11-20-2009, 09:59 AM

232 posts, read 565,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut96 View Post
Hey neighbor, that's no small amount of change for sure. Gotta hang in there just a bit more.

I hear ya about the weather right now. Best time of year in my book and a good time to work out after midnight since I work swings. Gyms are all empty except a few people. Had to get ready to work on my house and I'm too outta shape to get on the roof to change out shingles. Co-worker is taking the time to be my trainer. Sounds like I'm up north of you just a bit (C.T.).

What's also cool is that my next door neighbor over here is from my home town. Well she's lived there most of her life, I just bought a house there so I'm a newbie. Great people in the area though.

Well shower time and maybe a trip to the DFAC. Be safe and chat later on.
I know what you mean about hanging on here more often....it takes me a while to catch up. Super busy trying to clear up a bunch of loose ends since my R&R starts on Thanksgiving Day. Fortunately my wife is in Kuwait, so I just do a quick hope BIAP to Ali al Salem and then catch a taxi home.

I've been trying to get to the gym too, but every time I do anything the least bit out of the ordinary, I seem to tear a muscle or hurt a joint or something else. This old age crap is for the birds!! If I'm so out of shape that I can't even get started towards getting back in shape, what does that leave me? Do I just sit around and become some grouchy old blob?

I skipped the DFAC last night and all day today...got to be able to squeeze into my traveling clothes. I ended up working all day today, even thought I was supposed to be off....and ditto for tomorrow. Ordinarily that wouldn't bother me much, but guess getting close to R&R makes me a bit gumpy...

I've been moving every 2 or 3 years since 1963, so don't even have a home town any more. When people ask, I just say I'm from "everywhere". I must say I'm really looking forward to settling down and actually putting down some roots....and Boise seems to be the right place to do that.

I'm gonna try to Skype my wife and then jump in the shower.

Take care.

Mac

Old 11-20-2009, 10:04 AM

232 posts, read 565,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post

Man, I know you've got to be happy. Even doing all that driving back and forth can't knock the smile off your face, right? I am so looking forward to getting settled out there. Looks like I'll get a month or so off after I leave Baghdad next summer, so may come out there again and get more serious about looking for a house. Hard to judge what the market is doing from over here.

Again, enjoy your move to paradise. Make sure you file a "lessons learned" report when you're done so I can get some hints on what to do/not do.

Good luck and drive carefully,

Mac

Old 11-20-2009, 02:11 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
Mac I even sent the night in a rest stop near Oravada.
Pulled my trailer in and not a soul around.
I am still smiling.
Great night under the stars with a hungry man TV dinner and some sippin sauce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho