Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 06:52 PM

4 posts, read 12,057 times

Advertisements

Oh, be nice.

I think the issue in Idaho is not so much racism as rarity. When someone black (or Asian or whatever) walks into the room, people stare because it's just not common. It's a primarily white/Hispanic area and so seeing someone of a different nationality is kind of akin to seeing someone with naturally white-blonde hair or someone exceptionally tall. People stare. It's not racism in the sense of people thinking you're less than them (though you do get your idiots like everywhere else), it's just the natural human inclination to investigate the unfamiliar. If you can handle that, then you're good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,115 times
Default Idaho not racist

My interracial family just returned from a wonderful vacation in Spokane, Coeur d'Alene, Post Falls, Silverwood. What we encountered was a terrific holiday..people were pleasant and helpful..we never felt uncomfortable or threatened or unwanted anywhere. Idaho is a beautiful place and the people are very nice..take it in to consideration when planning your next hoilday..we had a great time and will return again

Old 08-18-2010, 12:46 PM

107 posts, read 298,808 times
I really hate to jump into this because I do think that there are far too many threads like this here and all they do is perpetuate the stereotype but THIS:

"There are racist idiots in every state. Idaho is no different. But how many states have taken on a group like the Aryan Nations, bankrupted them, and kicked them out? Idaho did.

Idaho does not deserve its racist reputation."

needs to be repeated, now, and often! (Thank you Keim) The Aryans are mostly gone. Richard Butler is dead (may he rot) and the rest of them seem to have taken their balls and gone back to Portland or Seattle or wherever it is that they came from. I don't believe those Aryans were homegrown people. They weren't Idahoans! The people I know who live here really don't care about anyone's ethnicity. Can you support yourself? Will you raise your children to support themselves? Will you pay your taxes, mow your lawn, pick up after yourself? That's all any of us want. If you want to get involved with your new community I think most of us welcome that, but you don't have to. You can live alone in your own little corner, interact as much or as little as you like, just don't make a nuisance of yourself and it's all good. Really!

Old 08-19-2010, 11:04 AM

161 posts, read 396,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
I'm thinking that what the OP heard was the disinformation locals spread to hold down the population.
I've lived up here with my family about 2 months now. Not a hint of racism. Now after saying that...It's horrible up here and you don't want to move here...

Old 08-19-2010, 03:10 PM

84 posts, read 233,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkmd View Post
i've lived up here with my family about 2 months now. Not a hint of racism. Now after saying that...it's horrible up here and you don't want to move here...
rofl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho