Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 02:59 PM

8 posts, read 38,023 times

Advertisements

Hope you do get to visit the area - wouldn't be a bad idea to visit in Winter - as that often weeds people out - better to check it out in advance than to move here and find out you can't take the lack of sunshine.

Post back if you plan to visit - I'll give you the 50 cent tour.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 03:30 PM

777 posts, read 3,187,898 times
Lack of sunshine doesn't bother me, I just want to make sure I (more my wife) can deal with the snow.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:58 AM

218 posts, read 1,483,648 times
I know Spokane's just a stone's throw across the state line from Idaho, but . . .
"Spokane is the trailer park of the west?"

That's news to me . . .

I thought that title went to Arizona years ago - You guys know when, right?!
When all the retirees decided rv'ing & trailering down there for the winter wasn't just 'for the birds' ?!?! (shrug)

Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 AM

3 posts, read 16,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balto charlie View Post
Wow Let me know if you fit in there. If you fit in there, then there's no way on God's green earth that I'm gonna fit in.

OH BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:conf used:

Old 09-12-2008, 12:34 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,427,806 times
I know this is an old post, but I have spent some time in St. Maries and think its a cool little town.. You certainly wont ever find a gas station like this one in Calif..HA!!! Notice the signs. Not only can you gas up the rig, but you can shop for guns and ammo too!!!
Attached Thumbnails
What about St. Maries, ID?-acda13.jpg  

Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM

11 posts, read 38,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
geo, you will fit into the st maries area from the sound of what you want. as for those that are shocked with that, there are parts of this country that blonde blue-eyed "white bread" (your term)folks dont fit in, and are not welcomed. Im not trying to start anything, Im not saying its right, its just a fact of life, like it or not. I know you people dont like anything negative but sometimes that is the way it is. why do most people ask if they will be accepted? because they know its a real issue.
Exactly my friend. One thing NOT to put on your to-do-list: Walk around Las Vegas Nevada (Not the strip, I mean in the open city) at night with blonde hair and blue eyes. Here in Vegas they call that "Dead Man Walking".

Thank goodness for St Maries. I was there eight years ago on a hunting trip. I can't wait to get back to Idaho. This is a town, of the way the USA used to be.

Diversety is fine, but unfortunatly people take it to far, and try to ram their culture down your throat. I am sure you all know what I mean.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,442,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricfly52 View Post
Exactly my friend. One thing NOT to put on your to-do-list: Walk around Las Vegas Nevada (Not the strip, I mean in the open city) at night with blonde hair and blue eyes. Here in Vegas they call that "Dead Man Walking".
Thank goodness for St Maries. I was there eight years ago on a hunting trip. I can't wait to get back to Idaho. This is a town, of the way the USA used to be.

Diversety is fine, but unfortunatly people take it to far, and try to ram their culture down your throat. I am sure you all know what I mean.
And what is that supposed to mean?

My kids have and a couple of friends have blonde/light hair and blue/green eyes...and they've been walking around and living in the open city of Las Vegas for over 30 years now and doing just fine?

What about all the tourists with blonde hair and blue eyes who WALK around the open city and not just on the Strip...

What point are you trying to make?

Please don't post inciting remarks like that about our beautiful city..we love all our visitors, especially our friends from Idaho!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 04:08 PM

48 posts, read 110,619 times
I am curious about St. Maries. My wife and I are young dentists from CA that are looking for a small rural town to raise children and get connected with the community. St. Maries sounds great. But, my wife and I are both Asian. How would we be accepted in the community?

Old 09-18-2008, 04:46 PM

134 posts, read 600,980 times
You would probably blend in with the members of the Coeur d'Alene Tribe of Indians...
There are a lot of very nice people in St. Maries and I am sure you would fit in just fine.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:59 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,968,800 times
I just finished a post that mourns the Hispanic willful self-segregation here in Albuquerque and how it's tough to visit some areas and find service/conversation. I grew up in Idaho - with many Hispanic and Mexican friends - and had never experienced that until I moved here. You won't find that issue in NID (North Idaho) for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho