Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 12:30 PM

69 posts, read 226,537 times

Advertisements

We are coming over next month and are looking for an rv park in/near CDA. We read on hiker central that this is considered a "top pick" for campgrounds. We cannot find a website or any pictures of it. Does anyone know anything about this park? Thanks! Or any recommends would be appreciated as well. We have two small children, so we want somewhere the kids can play outside, not alone but grass/park or something similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 02:23 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
I take it you saw this one:
Bambi RV Park, Bitterroot Range, Idaho

I don't know anything about the park itself, but given where it's located, it's in an urban area. Sort of across the road from Safeway, kittycorner from Costco. I'll try to drive by sometime this week and scope it out. If you're looking for a secluded get-away of any kind, I don't think this is it, but again, I'm basing that on location as opposed to first hand knowledge.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:41 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
Try posting under the TRAVEL, sub forum of RV's and someone may have some information.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:41 AM

820 posts, read 1,739,717 times
My mother lives there. Safe place but in the middle of town.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:28 AM

69 posts, read 226,537 times
Toyman, Ellwood and Shaner: thanks for the replies!
Yes, that is the article we read, we appreciate the offer to drive by! wow, thats so nice!
I do not know where the Travel or RV forums are... Help?
Good to know its safe, not sure about the middle of town thing though...
It will be only for a few weeks though...

Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
aukikoli, how long are you planning to stay, and what features are you looking for in a camp ground? If you are planning on staying a while and want the ammenities of town, Bambi sounds like a good choicel. Btw, I still haven't managed a drive by, this week has been crazy.

Another possiblity is Wolf Lodge campground, it's about 5 miles outside of CDA on the east end of the lake. It's just off I-90, but with nice, big sites. Another possiblity is up towards Bayview at Farragut State Park. This is probably as nice as anything in the area, just not as convenient if you are looking at spending most of your time right around CDA.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:18 PM

32 posts, read 149,184 times
Aukijoli,

Bambi is not a very nice looking campground, Tamarack RV just up the street north of Costco would be a better choice. Both Bambi and Tamarack have a lot of permanent campers right now because of the economy (of which I am one for two more weeks, I close on my house in two weeks!!!) of the two I picked Tamarack because it is a little nicer.

If you want a traditional campground, I second Wolf Lodge or Farragut. Farragut has a little museum and lots of hiking trails and lots of grass for the little ones! Some with Wolf Lodge. As Toyman said Wolf Lodge is about 5 miles east and Farragut is 20 miles north just outside Bayview. There is also a KOA just across the highway from Wolf Lodge.

Hope this helps,

K-FOX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho