Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:39 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
OK then- how would you suggest that one hold criminals until LE arrives?

"Hey fellas- please wait here. I'm callling the police. Would you like a cold drink while you wait?"

Or in the real world would it be more like: "Hold it right there or I'll shoot. I'm calling the police now."

Should the latter be considered harrassing or creating distress? BTW: how do you harrass a criminal who's tresspassing on your property?
dont be ridiculous, I wasnt there, you werent there. Let a jury decide...why cant the law play out before you judge?

You protect your land any way you seem fit, but if you break any laws, dont act supprised. If you dont know what is permissible behavior in your state, read the law...dont suppose-Know the law.

I said in my initial statement, in texas you are allowed to use deadly force to protect life and home.[did you not get that?]

but in Texas you are not allowed to shoot anyone if not in ememant danger...and you cant threaten and harrass with physical violence either.

But that is What we Texas live with, you State laws may be totally different.

so before you go off making funny comments, know what the law is. that is the intellegent thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 PM

358 posts, read 394,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
They should have sued for racial profiling. That's the only reason he could have stopped them.
Wow surprised they didn't try that one.. lol racial profiling... ahhhh.. what if they were American citizens out for a late night stroll?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 PM

146 posts, read 399,306 times
What is the World coming to?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:18 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
You gotta be kidding me.
I'll raise you one YGTBSM

Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Shakespeare had it right about the lawyers

Old 06-10-2010, 05:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It is a sad reflection of America today. I read the article and the judge said there was sufficient evidence for a trial and refused to drop the charges.

So these illegals are hoping to enter America and reap $32 million as well ?
Doubt they will win, but think of the cost for a useless and unjustified trail. Damn, there must be something I can find to sue someone for..I just have to think about it for another 20 years or so..

Nita

Old 06-10-2010, 06:43 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,023,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
They should have sued for racial profiling. That's the only reason he could have stopped them.
Laugh now - but that WILL probably be the next case...

Border states, like Texas need to think seriously about changing their property protection laws so this doesn't happen again. I doubt the original laws were meant for situations where individuals are forced to do the job that the gov won't do.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:50 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
but if you break any laws, dont act supprised.
..that goes both ways. Crossing the border illegally is breaking a law, and the crossers shouldn't act surprised.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:08 AM

364 posts, read 244,186 times
Quote:
Then he would be charged with murder instead of Civil rights violations.

In dont know the law in Arizona, but in Texas...one can use deadly force when protecting one's life or Home from emanate danger. Tresspassing is not sufficient threat to shoot someone...anyone[regardless of immigration status].

To hold someone until LEO arrives is ok, This rancher is accused of harrasing the aliens and threating them with physical harm/violence.
The Jury will decide.
beter to be judged by 12
than be caried by 6

Old 06-10-2010, 09:40 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,153 times
Quote:
dont be ridiculous, I wasnt there, you werent there. Let a jury decide...why cant the law play out before you judge?

You protect your land any way you seem fit, but if you break any laws, dont act supprised. If you dont know what is permissible behavior in your state, read the law...dont suppose-Know the law.

I said in my initial statement, in texas you are allowed to use deadly force to protect life and home.[did you not get that?]

but in Texas you are not allowed to shoot anyone if not in ememant danger...and you cant threaten and harrass with physical violence either.

But that is What we Texas live with, you State laws may be totally different.

so before you go off making funny comments, know what the law is. that is the intellegent thing to do.
What civil rights do the illegals have in the United States of America that any court in the United States should be giving the time to hear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration