U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:53 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,863,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
dont be ridiculous, I wasnt there, you werent there. Let a jury decide...why cant the law play out before you judge?

You protect your land any way you seem fit, but if you break any laws, dont act supprised. If you dont know what is permissible behavior in your state, read the law...dont suppose-Know the law.

I said in my initial statement, in texas you are allowed to use deadly force to protect life and home.[did you not get that?]

but in Texas you are not allowed to shoot anyone if not in ememant danger...and you cant threaten and harrass with physical violence either.

But that is What we Texas live with, you State laws may be totally different.

so before you go off making funny comments, know what the law is. that is the intellegent thing to do.

but if you break any laws, dont act supprised?

Let's look at that again:but if you break any laws, dont act supprised

So let's see here:

When someone crosses the border illegally are they breaking the law?
When they entered this man's land were they breaking the law?

Why is it that that people like yourself seem to act surprised when we want them arrested and deported?
You sure like to support illegal aliens. Are you or any of your relatives illegal perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 12:02 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,088,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
but if you break any laws, dont act supprised?

Let's look at that again:but if you break any laws, dont act supprised

So let's see here:

When someone crosses the border illegally are they breaking the law?
When they entered this man's land were they breaking the law?

Why is it that that people like yourself seem to act surprised when we want them arrested and deported?
You sure like to support illegal aliens. Are you or any of your relatives illegal perhaps?
arrested and deported is not the issue...stay on topic.

A rancher finds "anyone" on his property[regardless of immigration status], what does the LAW say[not me], he can do in that situation? OK-got it?

My relatives have no bearing on the law, or is that not clear?

Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,734,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
The so-called rights of illegal aliens have become more important than the rights of taxpaying citizens.
It is fascinating that people who aren't supposed to be in this country in the first place have civil rights, and can go as far as bringing legal actions against citizens, isn't it?

Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,686,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It is fascinating that people who aren't supposed to be in this country in the first place have civil rights, and can go as far as bringing legal actions against citizens, isn't it?
Especially when that citizen is acting to protect themselves and their property and to help in apprehending the illegal criminal? But it seems to be the case. Something's gotta change and soon, eh?

Hopefully, Arizona is just the beginning...HELLOOOOO! Any more Brewers out there???

Old 06-10-2010, 03:03 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,111,720 times
He needs to turn around and sue them for emotional distress. It goes both ways.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,573,900 times
This case was already resolved. The jury sided with Roger on virtually all of the counts. In the end, he had to payout a total of $77K to the people who were not only on his land illegally but in the country illegally.

While the award was not much, Roger spent a lot of money defending himself. This will only set a precedent that if you're supposedly injured or threatened while entering this country illegally, you can sue and win money.

The only good thing about this case was the illegals had some high-powered attorneys out of New York City who lost the case after incurring over a million bucks in attorney fees.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:26 PM

349 posts, read 394,334 times
My wife grew up knowing Mr. Barnett as a kind-hearted and decent man. It is a shame that this happens. Here is an old link to initial findings Of Arms and the Law: Roger Barnett case verdict

Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,180,752 times
He won, but still had to pay the illegal aliens?

Old 06-11-2010, 06:27 PM

364 posts, read 184,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
He won, but still had to pay the illegal aliens?
them ilegals needed a good canin
singapore uses tha whip
on ilegals cought there
harsh but i understand why

Old 06-11-2010, 06:36 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,159,067 times
As soon as the big toe is in the USA, shoot them all. On the spot. Right between the eyeballs. No person spared. Nonsense like this will stop in a heartbeat (literally). Yes. I'm serious. I'm tired of this nation being hijacked by law-breakers using our laws against us and politically correct limp-wristed traitor politicians allowing it to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or