U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:41 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,592,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
it's just window dressing. She'll never be able to rid the illegals because she is NOT the legislature, and the legislature is mostly Democrats
True, but a governor will have some say, but you are right and that's a good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,334,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
She's a Republican from California. She's gonna have to be at the very least centrist but to have better chances of winning she'll have to be center-left like Arnie, otherwise she is unelectable
Guess What, amazing i agree with you! I truly don't trust any one going for any office in my State, and don't trust the people we have in power currently in my State. If she is going to be another Arnie, GOD HELP US NOW. I cannot see her, handling the prolbems with illegals, i just don't who am i, just have an opinion, maybe i am wrong. As far as Ebay is concern, i have friends who worked then when Meg did, they thought she did a very good job, i don't know just what they have said. The problems were when the company changed and got bigger, that ebay started having problems, that is what chad had told me. I am not expecting very much from her , but hopefully i am very wrong, for our sake, i hope that i am. I WRITE to my local officals and even the President, explaining how upset i am over our Illegal problems, no one is hearing me, yeah i sometimes get an email, but who is really listening to us.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 PM

358 posts, read 333,383 times
She has already flip flopped on the illegal immigration issue. Poizner narrowed her lead in the last few weeks and only after that did she start to change her stance. She is full of it and will do nothing. I love her commercial where she promises "No DL's, no higher education, no amnesty".. she is full of it, only did an about face because Poizner made her look pro amnesty.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:08 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,334,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
She has already flip flopped on the illegal immigration issue. Poizner narrowed her lead in the last few weeks and only after that did she start to change her stance. She is full of it and will do nothing. I love her commercial where she promises "No DL's, no higher education, no amnesty".. she is full of it, only did an about face because Poizner made her look pro amnesty.
But she nailed Poizner, she won by a WHOPPER! What is your take on Brown.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 PM

358 posts, read 333,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
But she nailed Poizner, she won by a WHOPPER! What is your take on Brown.
Oohhhh... Good Ole Jerry Brown- here is a post from me a couple weeks ago on Brown:
Originally Posted by Iceman82
I spent the last hour trying to find out Jerry Brown's stance on Illegal Immigration. Nothing at all on his official site regarding the issue. could not find anything online that was fact, till this: CNN.com - Transcripts
It starts about half way down. I will post a couple thoughts he had on Illegal Immigration during the Bush administrations push for reform. "We're creating the free trade between Mexico and the United States. We've already done that. We've got trucks coming over now. We've got goods. We've got mutual investments. And it's natural that people push across that border when they make 10 times the money." "You've got to find a way to regularize people. You can't just leave the borders open. And ultimately, instead of throwing a $500 billion down a rat hole in Iraq, we have to spend a significant investment to bring up wages in Mexico." (on amnesty) "Well, I mean, that's part of a compromise to come up with a program that will put people on a path to citizenship. And it certainly is part of some compromise. That's an element that you can't take off the table." "I just want to say this: there may be increasing supply, because how else do you explain the falling wages? But at the same time, we can't recruit enough nurses, we can't recruit enough policemen, we can't recruit enough scientists and engineers. The truth of it is that the western countries are somewhat exhausted from a fertility point of view, and are very dependent on flows of people from other countries not so psychologically situated or inclined."

That is thoughts from the Democrats nominee for Governor, Jerry Brown.
CNN.com - Transcripts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or