U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 06:16 PM

515 posts, read 605,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..we keep census tabs on "illegals" ? Like they step up and raise their hands to be counted ?
I think the true number is rather grossly underreported.

And that is just based on my past trips to south Texas compared to past years.

Bingo! To anyone who would trust these figures, considering the sources, well I've got this mighty pretty bridge in Brooklyn....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 06:17 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
How come the Illegal Immigrant Population is going down?

Illegal-immigrant population dips - Washington Times

If it's an invasion, as many claim, the numbers would being going up as the "invaders" continue to arrive..
You would have to see a consistent decrease for this thread to even work. That article reports it as being only 200,000 down from the previous period (2007-2008). Also, that article was posted in March 2009.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:18 PM

555 posts, read 735,823 times
We have been invaded by millions of illegals. Past tense. Millions are still here wreaking damage to our country. The rate of invasion may have decreased because of the economy, but the percentage of criminals has gone up because criminals just don't care about getting jobs.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:30 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Overly radical or extreme posts only serve to destroy the credibility of all anti-illegals.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:14 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,360 times
The first paragraph answers your questions.

However, only a tiny portion went back. We still have millions and millions of illegal aliens robbing us Americans daily. Over a thousand illegal aliens still cross the border daily.

So, yes, we are still being invaded by illegal aliens.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 PM

15,088 posts, read 16,935,776 times
Quote:

If it's an invasion, as many claim, the numbers would being going up as the "invaders" continue to arrive..

If I was hitting someone in the face 10 times a day but then decide to hit this same person 'only' 8 times a day, does that mean I am no longer committing an assault and battery against him?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:07 PM

358 posts, read 332,648 times
Quote:

The invasion has been occurring for decades. The figures are simply guesses, there are no solid figures on what the numbers actually are. With that being said it's very difficult to determine if there even was a dip in the numbers. I would not doubt if the number of crossings are down, not because of the Fed's superb work in border protection but due to the current depression (yes, I said depression). During the Great Depression America saw a very large downturn in illegal immigrant crossings, coupled by forced deportation of a large number of Hispanics. Illegal immigrants come here for $$$ to send home.. once that dries up they stay at home, where at least they can be with family while unemployed. Funny part is.. with the high birthrate we will be feeling the effects of illegal immigration for decades to come, even if our borders were sealed airtight tomorrow.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:18 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

If I was hitting someone in the face 10 times a day but then decide to hit this same person 'only' 8 times a day, does that mean I am no longer committing an assault and battery against him?
Yep

Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Wait a second. I thought liberals were going to give every illegal amnesty and the floodgates would open

So amnesty is off the table? It will never be discussed again? It will never happen?

If you want to talk about a fail start with you asinine post.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:12 AM

358 posts, read 332,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So amnesty is off the table? It will never be discussed again? It will never happen?

If you want to talk about a fail start with you asinine post.
1986 was the last time amnesty was given on a mass scale... I fear we are overdue, since amnesty is the main component to "comprehensive" immigration reform. People need to voice their opinions to their elected officials, NO AMNESTY!!
Oh yeah, almost forgot. The post you replied to was very accurate. 3 million illegal immigrants were given amnesty in 1986, keep in mind the government was telling the public there was only a million here at that time. Now the government (a few years ago) wants to give amnesty to the 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States- I can promise you that number will be close to triple the 11 million figure. You see.. amnesty worked in the 80's and it will work today.. even though we have 11x the number of illegals here (current gov. figure of 11 million / original gov. figure of 1 million in 1986). So for the people that say the floodgates will open.. they sure did last time, and it will be no different this time.

Last edited by Iceman82; 06-10-2010 at 08:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or