U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 07:36 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,092,848 times

Advertisements

http://notebook.lausd.net/pls/ptl/do...TO_OFFICES.PDF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 07:42 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,872,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Easy, these folk are getting on a bus to go to Arizona to Protest. They are not breaking any laws and are not trying to strip you of any of your rights.

In fact, they are are demostrating what is a Democratic Republic; and the very ideals of the founding fathers. You may not like their speech, but they are entitled to it, as guaranteed by the US Constitution.

Isnt this a great country...God Bless America.

They are supporting people who have broken the law though. Don't you see a problem with that? Oh wait- never mind. That's not a question for you since we already know your racially motivated answer.

Isnt this a great country?

It is today but it may not be in the future if these people get their wish. Would you care to take a shot at explaining how it will benefit the USA to have several million more people come into the country from the third world who are unskilled and uneducated and like to pop out kids left and right regardless of if they have the capacity to support them or not?

Do we have 20 million more lettuce picking jobs available?

Last edited by Rick Roma; 06-11-2010 at 07:51 AM..

Old 06-11-2010, 07:53 AM

10,401 posts, read 8,373,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
So this is what LAUSD (Los Angeles Unifed School District) is all about? NOT teaching classes, but to advocate parasites attacking America? What is wrong with Los Angeles?

FOXNews.com - With Revolutionaries 'Looking On,' Teachers Take Kids on a Protest Trip to Arizona

What? Even Napolitano is encouraging those people!
The sad fact is that if these people win and we loose the battle...we are on our way to loosing our county as we know it

Old 06-11-2010, 09:40 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,688,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
While honoring our nation's enemies, they show their hatred for America. Makes me wonder what kind of indoctrination goes in in their classrooms.
I have kids in the public school (for less than one week more, thank goodness) and believe me there is sooooooo much social/political indoctrination going on. People have no idea. (I was told by a teacher of my 10 year old that one of the assigned books was selected in order to help dissuade children from joining the military. This same child came home one day with a derogatory, mocking poem about Thomas Jefferson, which, by the way was the only thing she was taught about Thomas Jefferson all year...It just goes on and on.)

After reading this article and several like it lately, one can only imagine what goes on at the high school level. Other than pulling our kids out of the public schools, I don't know how to stop this disgusting indoctrination. It is just not right that all our tax dollars are going to pay to have our children indoctrinated into the beliefs of others.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:51 AM

1,891 posts, read 2,183,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You're focused on the mural, im focused on the bus ride to Arizona.
If the mural offends you, contact the School district. But to my knowlwdge, the students on the bus ride did not paint the mural, or pledge allegence to the mural or the images portrayed.

For these young people to be involveed in politics at early age is great.
You must be blind...it's obvious this school district is using CHILDREN as pawns for political gain.

Democrats = traitors.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:55 AM

1,891 posts, read 2,183,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
I have kids in the public school (for less than one week more, thank goodness) and believe me there is sooooooo much social/political indoctrination going on. People have no idea. (I was told by a teacher of my 10 year old that one of the assigned books was selected in order to help dissuade children from joining the military. This same child came home one day with a derogatory, mocking poem about Thomas Jefferson, which, by the way was the only thing she was taught about Thomas Jefferson all year...It just goes on and on.)

After reading this article and several like it lately, one can only imagine what goes on at the high school level. Other than pulling our kids out of the public schools, I don't know how to stop this disgusting indoctrination. It is just not right that all our tax dollars are going to pay to have our children indoctrinated into the beliefs of others.
This is an outrage.

Public education is the new propaganda machine. We need to sweep the education system and reform it to reflect neutral and factual views.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,698,843 times
Heads on a stick!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:12 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,688,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
This is an outrage.

Public education is the new propaganda machine. We need to sweep the education system and reform it to reflect neutral and factual views.
Absolutely! Sure hope it can be accomplished in my lifetime! But in the meantime, my kids are headed for private school next year!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:22 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,945,740 times
Nice Mural in the background,people with assault rifles,a Che Flag.
Many of these Pro-Amnesty La Raza people are communists.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 AM

28 posts, read 26,900 times
Do people rally want political views taught to their children at school? OMG, what ever happen to all those ACLU folks that screamed about religion and politics in schools being unconstitutional?
Only , if it fits the right group?
I think sense everyone has to send their kids to private school we should not have to foot the bill for public schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration