U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:07 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,685,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
They are protesting a law that targets illegal immigrants therefore the fact is they are supporting people who have broken the law. What does that have to do with race? Come on now- do we really need to go there?

What other laws can we pick and choose to ignore? There are laws that I don't like. Can I just ignore them and expect the authorities to look the other way?
Good point and this is our tax dollars being used to indoctrinate our kids. But that is the kind of stuff all the current kid literature teaches. The end justifies the means kind of message. People need to wake up and demand that politics be removed from the schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 07:11 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Good point and this is our tax dollars being used to indoctrinate our kids. But that is the kind of stuff all the current kid literature teaches. The end justifies the means kind of message. People need to wake up and demand that politics be removed from the schools.
Precisely. I'm appalled how the public education is now a propaganda machine. We ought to probe NEA.

I graduated not too long ago, and I don't recall any subliminal messages...maybe it was just the area.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
They are protesting a law that targets illegal immigrants therefore the fact is they are supporting people who have broken the law. What does that have to do with race? Come on now- do we really need to go there?

What other laws can we pick and choose to ignore? There are laws that I don't like. Can I just ignore them and expect the authorities to look the other way?
SB1070 also target day laborers, and anyone stopping to pick a day lobores[regardless of immigration status].

so no the law does not target ONLY illegal immigrants.

Day labores have not commited any crimes to date. so are the kids allowed to protest that fact? is that ok?

Old 06-11-2010, 10:24 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
SB1070 also target day laborers, and anyone stopping to pick a day lobores[regardless of immigration status].

Day labores have not commited any crimes to date. so are the kids allowed to protest that fact? is that ok?
Day laborers that entered here illegaly committed a crime at the border. When will you get that through your head?

Old 06-11-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Day laborers that entered here illegaly committed a crime at the border. When will you get that through your head?
when did day laborer become synonymous with illegal? there are American citizens that are day laborers, the Az law does not make any distinction.

The person stopping to pick up a day laborer will be in violation of SB1070. the law doesnt say a illegal alien cannot pick-up a illegal alien day laborer, it says any person.

I have the facts in my head...how bout you?

Old 06-11-2010, 11:19 PM

27 posts, read 19,907 times
Indoctrination takes place in the home, not in schools. Hypothetically, even if it does take place at school, it can be "un-done" at home because that is where the majority of education takes place.

As one person's definition of "neutral" can vary from one to another, so can the term "victim". With what has been said here, you would think children are victims. But re children victims of public school or are children taught to be victims of US society from their politically polarized parents?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:53 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,860,628 times
Quote:

Really? Are all day laborers issued pay stubs and W2s or 1099s? Do they all fill out the proper paper work such as w-4s and I9s as required by law?

Apparently you don't understand that tax evasion is against the law. You are failing miserably with these rebutalls. Your racial bias is more than clear. Would you not complain about any type of immigration enforcement?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post

This is exactly how Obama got elected. The education field is loaded with liberals. They drill it into these kid's heads at an early age and teach them that people like Obama are good and laws like SB 1070 are bad. It's an easy target as these kids have yet to set foot out in the real world. Once they get a job and have to support themselves they then begin to see the light and form their own opinions. Right now they think it's hip and cool to protest SB1070. It's sad that they don't understand that they'r enot making one little bit of difference. AZ will go forward with this law regardless of how many little kids or others protest it.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Really? Are all day laborers issued pay stubs and W2s or 1099s? Do they all fill out the proper paper work such as w-4s and I9s as required by law?

Apparently you don't understand that tax evasion is against the law. You are failing miserably with these rebutalls. Your racial bias is more than clear. Would you not complain about any type of immigration enforcement?
you're going in circles...how does "Tax evasion" have anything to do with illegal immigration. <thats a rhetorical question...

W2s and 1099s are federal documents and have nothing to do with the State of Arizona or SB1070 or this topic.

I'm Out.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
you're going in circles...how does "Tax evasion" have anything to do with illegal immigration. <thats a rhetorical question...

W2s and 1099s are federal documents and have nothing to do with the State of Arizona or SB1070 or this topic.

I'm Out.

You said that day laborers are not breaking the law. I showed you that they are. Apparently this is the response you use when you have been proven wrong and owned. Who is it that's going around in circles? I'm glad you're out. You can't debate this topic rationally due to your racial bias.
Tax evasion doesn't have anything to do with illegal immigration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration