U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:22 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,360 times

Advertisements

So this is what LAUSD (Los Angeles Unifed School District) is all about? NOT teaching classes, but to advocate parasites attacking America? What is wrong with Los Angeles?

FOXNews.com - With Revolutionaries 'Looking On,' Teachers Take Kids on a Protest Trip to Arizona

Quote:
FoxNews.com has also uncovered e-mails sent by Martinet to a Progressive Educators discussion group that reveal her involvement in a May 16 march to protest Arizona's immigration law and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, who gave a commencement speech that day at Pomona College.
What? Even Napolitano is encouraging those people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 04:43 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
The LAUSD and the superintendent are hell bent on showing their ass whenever and wherever they can. And I wonder how they are going to sweep this one under the carpet - with Gochez, they used the excuse that he was advocating for the overthrow of our government on his own time.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:50 PM

555 posts, read 735,823 times
What is wrong is that Los Angeles is the capital of Mexifornia and Hispanics in positions of power really represent the best interests of illegal aliens and Mexico. They are traitors. That is why we must do our best to keep Hispanics, with some exceptions, out of all elected offices in America.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:01 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,110,100 times
The vast majority of teachers just want to teach their kids and keep politics out of it. They have enough problems already and don't need teachers like this giving the profession a black-eye.

Politics has no place in the schools.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:06 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
If they really wanted to be revolutionaries then they would have brought a second "empty" bus to bring all those unfortunate "undocumented workers" back to California with them where they could "live in peace".

Activists are just that..all talk and protests and yelling. But where's the actual action ?

Old 06-10-2010, 09:24 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
Quote:
Standing in front of a wall-to-wall mural featuring a who's who of revolutionaries, including Ho Chi Minh, Fidel Castro and Che Guevara,
Uh? Where are their U.S. revolutionaries? The George Washingtons? The Martin Luther King Jr.s? The Or what about a Bob Marley (even though he isn't American, at least he promoted peace)? They obviously care nothing about the U.S. Fidel Castro? Che Guevara?

Quote:
A video posted on
YouTube shows LA social studies teacher Jose Lara interviewing teachers and students on May 28 at the headquarters of an organization calling for a Mexican revolution on U.S. soil.
A lot of these people who support illegal immigrants are those U.S. hating types. They love to do anything that opposes the U.S.. Yet, they are marching for some desired effect in the U.S.. They are crazy and going about things the wrong way. The people in the USA won't put up with the arrogance that these people and groups are showing. You can't have a sign saying "Obama Listen" and talk about a "Mexican takeover." Who in this country will bow down to a "Mexican takeover?" I won't. I wish these motherf##*$S would try to run me out of representation in my country.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:07 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Uh? Where are their U.S. revolutionaries? The George Washingtons? The Martin Luther King Jr.s? The Or what about a Bob Marley (even though he isn't American, at least he promoted peace)? They obviously care nothing about the U.S. Fidel Castro? Che Guevara?

A lot of these people who support illegal immigrants are those U.S. hating types. They love to do anything that opposes the U.S.. Yet, they are marching for some desired effect in the U.S.. They are crazy and going about things the wrong way. The people in the USA won't put up with the arrogance that these people and groups are showing. You can't have a sign saying "Obama Listen" and talk about a "Mexican takeover." Who in this country will bow down to a "Mexican takeover?" I won't. I wish these motherf##*$S would try to run me out of representation in my country.
Easy, these folk are getting on a bus to go to Arizona to Protest. They are not breaking any laws and are not trying to strip you of any of your rights.

In fact, they are are demostrating what is a Democratic Republic; and the very ideals of the founding fathers. You may not like their speech, but they are entitled to it, as guaranteed by the US Constitution.

Isnt this a great country...God Bless America.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:30 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,971,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Easy, these folk are getting on a bus to go to Arizona to Protest. They are not breaking any laws and are not trying to strip you of any of your rights.

In fact, they are are demostrating what is a Democratic Republic; and the very ideals of the founding fathers. You may not like their speech, but they are entitled to it, as guaranteed by the US Constitution.

Isnt this a great country...God Bless America.
While honoring our nation's enemies, they show their hatred for America. Makes me wonder what kind of indoctrination goes in in their classrooms.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:02 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
While honoring our nation's enemies, they show their hatred for America. Makes me wonder what kind of indoctrination goes in in their classrooms.
You're focused on the mural, im focused on the bus ride to Arizona.
If the mural offends you, contact the School district. But to my knowlwdge, the students on the bus ride did not paint the mural, or pledge allegence to the mural or the images portrayed.

For these young people to be involveed in politics at early age is great.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:15 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,685,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You're focused on the mural, im focused on the bus ride to Arizona.
If the mural offends you, contact the School district. But to my knowlwdge, the students on the bus ride did not paint the mural, or pledge allegence to the mural or the images portrayed.

For these young people to be involveed in politics at early age is great.
This is far from learning about politics. This is INDOCTRINATION pure and simple. These kids are being USED to further the political interests of a group of activist teachers. This is NOT right.

Anyone see the movie, "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie?" Great quote in there,
"Give me a girl at an impressionable age and she is mine forever." "Inspired" by the political influences of her teacher, one impressionable girl in the movie went to fight in a war she knew nothing about and got killed.

Get the politics out of the classroom. And until they do, parents, get your kids out of the public classroom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration