U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:59 PM

3,863 posts, read 3,172,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what does this have to to with illegal immigration?

if they are at the DMV, we can safely say they are citizens.

take your silly rant elsewhere.
Recently in S. California they arrested several DMV employees DMV employees arrested in fraud scheme | dmv, employees, angeles - News - The Orange County Register for selling Driver's Licenses to Illegals,American Criminals,Senior citizens who couldn't pass ANY test and I remember the Local news had a Blond American woman that had over a dozen licenses in several different names with the same picture so she could defraud the banks and steal.They even gave out Licenses to drive tractor trailers in less then a 1/2 hour to totally incompetant drivers,when they interviewed another DMV employee he said it would be impossible to walk in and a half hour later to be licensed(But it happened).

They also had a Middle Easterner with a Latina girlfreind that worked at the DMV that would issue licenses to whoever her boyfriend sent in for a price.This was going on at several locations unconnected so it's not as rare as one would think.http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,7865820.story

Old 06-11-2010, 11:06 PM

12,759 posts, read 7,387,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Silly rant? Are you purposely trying to be clueless? This has everything to do with illegal immigration. I have a BIG problem when your so-called 'citizens' need translators to take a verbal driving test, while people on Arizona roads are killed each year by illegals who shouldn't be driving here - yes, that does happen. Do you honestly believe that illegal immigrants haven't been able to use falsified documents and actually get drivers licenses? Lately, I've been hearing every week how authorities in AZ are busting new identity theft rings.

I wonder if I would be allowed my own translator if I told them I only spoke pig latin...
So you had a bad day at the DMV. Well let's have a big ole pity party. Hard for you to make the connection that a large percentage of the hispanic people were using forged documents though. Good god, man you live in Arizona. Is this your first realization that there are a lot of hispanic people here? Get a clue. There are lots and lots of hispanics in Arizona, the majority of them legal, American citizens. Hope you arn't implying that you can pick out the legal, Hispanic, American citizens from the illegals. That's what SB1070 is supposed to be for. Give me a break. We have the worst environmental disaster in the history of the nation going on in the Gulf and you're complaining about an overabundance of Hispanic people at the DMV. In Arizona, no less. Your whine is flat and your cheese is old.

Last edited by mohawkx; 06-11-2010 at 11:21 PM..

Old 06-11-2010, 11:11 PM

27 posts, read 19,933 times
Just so you know, "lawful presence" doesn't always mean or is exclusive to US citizens. It can also be for legal permanent residents and non-immigrant visa holders who are still in status.

Each state is different, but I would be willing to bet that even the great state of AZ allows legal permanent residents to get a driver's license.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:19 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Yes in Arizona you have to have proof of citizenship

"Three states, Hawaii, New Mexico, and Washington, do not require lawful presence information from driver's license applicants."

VRM | Department of Motor Vehicles Databases | Brennan Center for Justice
If you live in Az and go to the DMV with a "Border patorl" hat on[as you stated previously] Who are you "scaring off" if everyone there to got their licence is a citizen?

Old 06-12-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Just another reason English needs to be the official language by law.
As opposed to being the official language by...? Osmosis? Default? Last language standing?

Old 06-13-2010, 12:02 PM

5,362 posts, read 7,076,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So you had a bad day at the DMV. Well let's have a big ole pity party. Hard for you to make the connection that a large percentage of the hispanic people were using forged documents though. Good god, man you live in Arizona. Is this your first realization that there are a lot of hispanic people here? Get a clue. There are lots and lots of hispanics in Arizona, the majority of them legal, American citizens. Hope you arn't implying that you can pick out the legal, Hispanic, American citizens from the illegals. That's what SB1070 is supposed to be for. Give me a break. We have the worst environmental disaster in the history of the nation going on in the Gulf and you're complaining about an overabundance of Hispanic people at the DMV. In Arizona, no less. Your whine is flat and your cheese is old.
Wow, aren't you quite cocky. I don't appreciate your assumptions about me, and just to butter your bread a little, I've lived in Arizona for nearly 20 years and you cannot tell me that nearly everyone at the DMV was legal. When a person decides to move to this country and do it the legal way, they at least prepare themselves and try to learn the language (even a little) to help assimilate. They aren't thirty-something individuals who have to take a translator with them to try to get a driver's license, and please do not try to tell me that forged documents do not exist in AZ either. Lastly, before giving me advice on which national topics should hold my attention, I suggest you tell us all how you have helped contribute to the solution to the situation with the oil spill in the gulf. BTW, this topic is about illegal immigration, so if you'd prefer to speak about another topic, please find the correct forum for it.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Wow, aren't you quite cocky. I don't appreciate your assumptions about me, and just to butter your bread a little, I've lived in Arizona for nearly 20 years and you cannot tell me that nearly everyone at the DMV was legal. When a person decides to move to this country and do it the legal way, they at least prepare themselves and try to learn the language (even a little) to help assimilate. They aren't thirty-something individuals who have to take a translator with them to try to get a driver's license, and please do not try to tell me that forged documents do not exist in AZ either. Lastly, before giving me advice on which national topics should hold my attention, I suggest you tell us all how you have helped contribute to the solution to the situation with the oil spill in the gulf. BTW, this topic is about illegal immigration, so if you'd prefer to speak about another topic, please find the correct forum for it.
If you can detect who is legal and not, and if you can spot forged documents...maybe you should work at the AZ DMV.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:20 PM

12,759 posts, read 7,387,317 times
Quote:
I never said that nearly everyone was legal. I said that the majority of the Hispanics in Arizona are legal citizens of this country. I've never implied that forged documents don't exist in Arizona either. You attempt to paint a picture with your OP of a flood of illegals attempting to get driver's licienses at the DMV, clogging the system. Your op attempted to paint all hispanics with the same evil brush. I attempted to temper that fear mongering by putting the issue in perspective. My reference to the oil spill was another attempt to put things in perspective. I would never attempt to give you any advice. I've been reading your posts for quite some time and know that advising you on anything that does not lock step with your agenda of demonizing the hispanic population would be like trying to teach a stone to dance. A waste of time for me and you.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:24 PM

44 posts, read 33,834 times
AZLiam, I feel your pain. I just moved out of Los Angeles (thank goodness) and I had to get a new license when I was there. I had the exact same experience. I really felt like I'd teleported to Tijuana. I'd get so mad too, because since I'm ethnic, all the employees automatically spoke Spanish to me. This is America! I don't care what color I am, you speak English to me. That burns me up so much.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:36 PM

5,362 posts, read 7,076,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I never said that nearly everyone was legal. I said that the majority of the Hispanics in Arizona are legal citizens of this country. I've never implied that forged documents don't exist in Arizona either. You attempt to paint a picture with your OP of a flood of illegals attempting to get driver's licienses at the DMV, clogging the system. Your op attempted to paint all hispanics with the same evil brush. I attempted to temper that fear mongering by putting the issue in perspective. My reference to the oil spill was another attempt to put things in perspective. I would never attempt to give you any advice. I've been reading your posts for quite some time and know that advising you on anything that does not lock step with your agenda of demonizing the hispanic population would be like trying to teach a stone to dance. A waste of time for me and you.
Let's clarify one thing. You cannot prove that the majority of Hispanics in Arizona are legal citizens just like (you believe) my agenda is to prove the opposite. If you've enjoyed stalking my posts, you would have read that I have many friends who are Hispanic (and even a couple here who are not here legally), so please refrain from painting ME with an evil brush and say that my agenda is to demonize the hispanic population. I do not need for you to put anything into perspective for me. In one breath, you are classifying me as someone who is profiling people, yet you have done the same with me simply because I have expressed my opinion that everyone should follow the law of the land (something I've discussed with even my non-legal friends).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or