U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:10 PM

12,779 posts, read 7,399,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Let's clarify one thing. You cannot prove that the majority of Hispanics in Arizona are legal citizens just like (you believe) my agenda is to prove the opposite. If you've enjoyed stalking my posts, you would have read that I have many friends who are Hispanic (and even a couple here who are not here legally), so please refrain from painting ME with an evil brush and say that my agenda is to demonize the hispanic population. I do not need for you to put anything into perspective for me. In one breath, you are classifying me as someone who is profiling people, yet you have done the same with me simply because I have expressed my opinion that everyone should follow the law of the land (something I've discussed with even my non-legal friends).
Your points are well taken. FYI, I don't stalk your posts. I read your posts in sequence with all the other posters in that particular thread. Generally speaking, on these types of discussion forums, somebody posts an opinion or an experience and there will be those that respond. Invairably some respondents will disagree with your conclusions and perceptions posted. I believe this may be the case in our interaction. Not really that big a deal and not worth the pi$$ing match.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:12 PM

37 posts, read 47,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what does this have to to with illegal immigration?

if they are at the DMV, we can safely say they are citizens.

take your silly rant elsewhere.

Not so! here in wonderful Dallas people bring in false certificates all the time and get DL's. They are not citizens, they are ID theives...so the rant isn't silly.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:29 PM

12,779 posts, read 7,399,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfromphilly1 View Post
Not so! here in wonderful Dallas people bring in false certificates all the time and get DL's. They are not citizens, they are ID theives...so the rant isn't silly.
What percentage? One a day? 5 a day? If you have 500 ppl. applying for a liciense in the course of a day and 5 ppl. came in with false documentation that could make for a good rabble rousing post. "5 People Apply for Licienses at Dallas DMV Using False Documentation in One Day!" You could get three or four pages of responses on how the situation is totally out of control and illegal hispanics are gaming the system but in reality may be that the ratio is only 1% of the applicants are using false documentation. This is the part of the immigration issue that is blatently dishonest. Taking an issue and inflaming it all out of proportion in an effort to divide and push a particular agenda.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:32 PM

12,009 posts, read 6,627,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What percentage? One a day? 5 a day? If you have 500 ppl. applying for a liciense in the course of a day and 5 ppl. came in with false documentation that could make for a good rabble rousing post. "5 People Apply for Licienses at Dallas DMV Using False Documentation in One Day!" You could get three or four pages of responses on how the situation is totally out of control and illegal hispanics are gaming the system but in reality may be that the ratio is only 1% of the applicants are using false documentation. This is the part of the immigration issue that is blatently dishonest. Taking an issue and inflaming it all out of proportion in an effort to divide and push a particular agenda.

So now you are attempting to diminish the fact that they are ID thieves? Using your numbers of five illegals coming in with false documentation (ID fraud) by the end of one year you will have appx. 1300 illegals with illegal licenses. And that is only one city, one year. What do you think happens when they have an accident? Wait for the cops.
No worries, it is a low percentage. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:43 PM

37 posts, read 47,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I don't care if it's just one illegal getting a license, he has no business in this country. I doubt that if I stand at the door and say "Excuse me, are you here illegally getting a DL" that he is going to respond "Si, Oui, Da, or Yes" Every few days I hear about busts and the confiscation of the DL's. I work in a Federal Prison and have alot of friends that work for the local LEO's and Federal LEO's so I get to be privy to the details of the arrests. To me and many others, there is no issue to discuss. If you're BREAKING THE LAW and are ILLEGAL get the hell out. There is nothing really to discuss or inflame. BE LEGAL OR BE GONE. My mother immigrated here legally so can eveyone else from ALL countries, no exceptions.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Yac

5,881 posts, read 6,310,906 times
This is not an illegal immigration issue.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or