Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:11 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
To turn into their plates, because they're moving back to their home country?!

I can dream.

It's not as bad here, but I'd say about 50% of the customers at my local DMV is sweaty spanish guys stinking the joint up with $1 deodorants. It dropped slightly after the state adopted the real ID act.

I propose we reform illegal immigration by giving "sweaty stinky spanish" guys better deodorants.

Fresh and clean makes America a better place.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:04 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,819 times
I very rarely go to the DMV if by chance I can't get
things done on line I'll gladly pay the service fee at
a third party place

For the few times I have to go to the DMV I wear
my U.S. Border Patrol hat and that's good for clearing
out about a dozen and keep the noisy people in check

I'm not a racist although with everyone telling me I am
I just might become one

Some Mexicans especially their Government have taken
advantage of Americas good will for far to long and now it's
time to play by our rules (American Law) or leave.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:18 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I very rarely go to the DMV if by chance I can't get
things done on line I'll gladly pay the service fee at
a third party place

For the few times I have to go to the DMV I wear
my U.S. Border Patrol hat and that's good for clearing
out about a dozen and keep the noisy people in check

I'm not a racist although with everyone telling me I am
I just might become one

Some Mexicans especially their Government have taken
advantage of Americas good will for far to long and now it's
time to play by our rules (American Law) or leave.
Me niether, I only go when I have to RENEW MY DL every four years...who hangs out at the DMV fun?

What State are you in that allows illegal immigrants a DL? I though AZ had a strict..."citizen only" DL rule?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:31 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
what does this have to to with illegal immigration?

if they are at the DMV, we can safely say they are citizens.

take your silly rant elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
What a freaking nightmare...

I could have sworn I was south of the U.S. border. Almost everyone was speaking Spanish - seriously. The television had advertisements in Spanish. I couldn't tell who was louder. The children screaming or their parents speaking so loudly in Spanish that my head was pounding. Before anyone criticizes, I took Spanish classes for a few years to learn the language, but I never went around yelling Spanish.

THEN, I witness what I found to be the most disturbing thing. An English-speaking rep was giving oral driving questions (a test) to a Spanish-speaking (only) guy. Of course, the Spanish-speaking guy brought his bilingual friend to interpret. Really?? So it's OK for the English-speaking guy (who apparently knew no Spanish) to ask the questions to the bilingual guy, who then interpreted not only the questions, but the choices for answers to the Spanish-speaking guy, and the English-speaking guy never worried that the bilingual guy would be helping him at all? Why wasn't there a bilingual rep giving this test?

After what I witnessed today, I now hold the DMV also responsible for some of the accidents caused by illegal drivers who don't necessarily know, understand, nor care about the rules of the road.

Now aside from that, I've been to the DMV a few times; however I've never seen it quite so busy and with 90 percent of the customers being Latino. I'm quite curious to know what the mad rush was to get there today.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

Mexicans are all stinky sweaty people? I didn't know that. I bet some are especially after a hot day working in the AZ sun though. Hmmm pretty sure I might stink too in those conditions.
Please people. Lets try to leave the generalizations out of the posts. It only undermines ones credibility.
I have met plenty of hispanics who didn't stink, were not greasy, and were actually pretty damn good people.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:51 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,766,167 times
Quote:

Ummm cant they get DL's with phony documents???
You can buy birth certificates,etc for 50$...

5,341 posts, read 6,520,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What State are you in that allows illegal immigrants a DL? I though AZ had a strict..."citizen only" DL rule?
Yes in Arizona you have to have proof of citizenship

"Three states, Hawaii, New Mexico, and Washington, do not require lawful presence information from driver's license applicants."

VRM | Department of Motor Vehicles Databases | Brennan Center for Justice

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
mexicans are all stinky sweaty people? I didn't know that. I bet some are especially after a hot day working in the az sun though. Hmmm pretty sure i might stink too in those conditions.
Please people. Lets try to leave the generalizations out of the posts. It only undermines ones credibility.
I have met plenty of hispanics who didn't stink, were not greasy, and were actually pretty damn good people.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:53 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:

Silly rant? Are you purposely trying to be clueless? This has everything to do with illegal immigration. I have a BIG problem when your so-called 'citizens' need translators to take a verbal driving test, while people on Arizona roads are killed each year by illegals who shouldn't be driving here - yes, that does happen. Do you honestly believe that illegal immigrants haven't been able to use falsified documents and actually get drivers licenses? Lately, I've been hearing every week how authorities in AZ are busting new identity theft rings.

I wonder if I would be allowed my own translator if I told them I only spoke pig latin...

Old 06-11-2010, 09:34 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Just another reason English needs to be the official language by law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration