U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 03:02 AM

708 posts, read 2,374,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You also have to look at what is going on in Mexico, much as a result of very massive emigration. People who pack up and head to the USA, are not working to build up their own country, many villages sit empty, virtually no working age men or women, just elderly people left to care for young children.

You should consider the long-term damage that is bringing about. Massive migration does not result in stability but results in instability.

Immigration is good, but it needs to be balanced, fair and not for the purpose of bringing wages down to rock bottom. It should be about getting people in who truly want to become a part of this country, those who have the ability and desire to assimilate, learn our history and culture. Money alone is not good and you have to remember the love of money is the root of all evil.

I know Mexicans quite well. I know my neighbor's children back home cry for never seeing him, he hasn't seen them in over 5 years now. Sure he's cheap labor for his employer but put yourself in the shoes of a child who has a father she can never see, who won't come home even for her quinceniera, and the mother is no where to be found because when her husband left she was lonely and found another man. Children need parents, villages need their working men and women.

Don't believe that many of the problems we see with Mexico now aren't related.
I still hold by what I said in my OP, but I agree completely with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
200 years ago, I'm sure the exact same thing could have been said for the African slaves who were the ultra cheap labor of their day. They were brought over because they were hard workers - but also cheap labor. I'm sure you could have sat an admired the way they worked all day in the fields, never complaining, not asking for much.

Slavery also led to the breakup of their families. Children were taken from parents, parents were taken from children.

Just because something is the source of very hard and cheap workers doesn't justify it at all.

The other unfairness is that there are plenty of people throughout the world that would very much like to come here but cannot because those bringing in illegals have no desire to pay the extra costs of bringing someone in legally.
And if this forum was around 200 years ago, my OP would've been about African slaves deserving respect.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:07 AM

232 posts, read 476,697 times
Don't blame the Mexican or the Latino people for something that was really caused by a lack of leadership in Washington DC over the last decades that chose to stick their head in the sand and pretend it didn't happen.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:34 AM

47,576 posts, read 59,178,151 times
I blame both.

Watch both of these

YouTube - 18th street gang story Part 2

In this one you see where their mothers abandoned them - for money.

YouTube - 18th street gang story Part 3

Watch this one especially at 5:18 where Travieso talks with his mother who obviously is only infatuated with her USA money and it's clear that she doesn't give a damn about the child she left behind. Look at his eyes at 7:58 and say how great it is for parents to dump their kids into the streets because the only thing the parent cares about is money. Money took her away from the child who needed her and yes I blame the parents in these cases.

It's one thing for the childless looking for excitement and money but far too many of these people have left behind their children.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:48 AM
Yac

5,890 posts, read 6,347,409 times
This is not an illegal immigration issue. Please start this thread again in the Mexico forum, if you really want to discuss this.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or