U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2010, 11:10 PM
 
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
3,858 posts, read 5,959,040 times
Reputation: 1806

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
All we need to do is require that ALL aliens have a government issued workers permit. If caught working without one or hiring someone without one YOU ARE ARRESTED...PERIOD. Canada has this system and it works well. Our so called leaders know about it too but you never hear them talk about using it here.. Wuts sup with that?
You would have to require all workers to have a work permit - not just aliens. In essence a national ID card for everyone that shows status in the USA. SSN is essentially a work permit - but through lax regulations & enforcement is rampant with abuse.
I'm not sure what you are referring to in Canada. Canada has a SIN (Social Insurance Number) that is the same as a US SSN (Social Security Number) - but that's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,441,689 times
Reputation: 1619
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
We already have work permit. I am a Canadian citizen with green card. I have been on work permit for many years. All legal aliens, who are allow to work, have work permits or green cards.

The problem with illegals is that they use other people's work permits, in most case, SSN.
This is why we must have a biometric ID system..Its high tech and we should use it....Just think a person then can have only one friggin name.....wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 12:40 AM
 
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
3,858 posts, read 5,959,040 times
Reputation: 1806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
This is why we must have a biometric ID system..Its high tech and we should use it....Just think a person then can have only one friggin name.....wow!
All legal aliens & naturalized Americans do under go biometric scans. Are you suggesting biometric ID for all 'real Americans'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 07:05 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Lets see, you want to amend the constitution to end citizenship for persons born in the US of non-citizen parents?

you want to reverse the Supreme court ruling that made it constitutonal that all children get a free education, regardless of immigration status?

and you want to physically deport 15 million people back to where ever they came form in the world?

in your life time?
Yes. Yes. Yes. And yes.

To the first, yes because it's sheer out and out fraud. People who want to bypass the legal process that plenty of others do follow but also they do this to access our overly generous welfare handout programs. It's bringing in the laziest types of people, people who don't come to work at all to have this anchor baby set up.

And to the second, if we need uneducated low-skilled labor then what's the point of providing them free education including free college tuition? They don't need a $12,000 a year education for 17 years to learn to pick lettuce which is supposedly the reason we need illegals.

30 million illegals have arrived here since the late 1980s which is our lifetime. A great portion of them have only arrived within the last 5 or 10 years, up to 2 million arrived only in the last 2 years. Since it didn't take their country very long to send them our way, it shouldn't take forever for us to send them on back.

Cut off all the free handouts and many will have no choice but to leave. Enforce existing laws and shut down any employer that's bringing them in and keeping them here which we all know is to bypass American employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 07:08 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
And remind any honest employers that the H2A visa problem is unlimited. For those visas they must first try to hire Americans (fair enough I think we'd all agree), and pay legal wages (also fair enough I think we'd all agree). Certainly an already existing unlimited temporary work visa problem should be perfectly suitable to the needs of any employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 AM
 
Location: east of my daughter-north of my son
1,928 posts, read 3,109,579 times
Reputation: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
Before any of the proposed solutions can be implemented we must first get rid of all the traitors in Congress and replace them with America-first patriots. Can't wait for November. Just like many illegals are leaving Arizona now, if the Democrats lose control of Congress, many illegals will self-deport.
Be careful who you vote for. Be sure you know where your Republican candidate stands. I've posted this before but how many Republicans have come out backing Arizona or speaking against amnesty? Not many. Research your candidates in both parties.

This November election will be about the economy, jobs, drilling and the usual Dem vs. Rep attacks on each other.

We have a Dem runoff for senator in North Carolina. They just had a debate. Not once was illegal immigration mentioned. And our state has issue with it. Doesn't matter though. Our Republican incumbent has a very good record in voting against bills or laws that would aid illegals. He's got my vote right there.

Here is a link to check your current legislators stand on immigration:

Immigration Stance: Find Out Where Your Congressional Representative Really Stands On Immigration

One more thing. There is no such thing as a free education. Tax payers pay for it. Our schools are falling apart now so we don't need to add millions more into our systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,395 posts, read 8,344,729 times
Reputation: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
All we need to do is require that ALL aliens have a government issued workers permit. If caught working without one or hiring someone without one YOU ARE ARRESTED...PERIOD. Canada has this system and it works well. Our so called leaders know about it too but you never hear them talk about using it here.. Wuts sup with that?
"Our so-called leaders speak. With words they try to jail you" The Police. Our so called leaders....you got that right Nativechief!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Lets see, you want to amend the constitution to end citizenship for persons born in the US of non-citizen parents?

you want to reverse the Supreme court ruling that made it constitutonal that all children get a free education, regardless of immigration status?

and you want to physically deport 15 million people back to where ever they came form in the world?

in your life time?
We can dream, can't we?

If we at least got the first two done, along with really severe penalties against those who smuggle/hire illegals, it would largely take care of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 09:53 AM
 
Location: east of my daughter-north of my son
1,928 posts, read 3,109,579 times
Reputation: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
We can dream, can't we?

If we at least got the first two done, along with really severe penalties against those who smuggle/hire illegals, it would largely take care of the problem.
Amen to that!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 02:19 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,178,535 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Be careful who you vote for. Be sure you know where your Republican candidate stands. I've posted this before but how many Republicans have come out backing Arizona or speaking against amnesty? Not many. Research your candidates in both parties.

This November election will be about the economy, jobs, drilling and the usual Dem vs. Rep attacks on each other.

We have a Dem runoff for senator in North Carolina. They just had a debate. Not once was illegal immigration mentioned. And our state has issue with it. Doesn't matter though. Our Republican incumbent has a very good record in voting against bills or laws that would aid illegals. He's got my vote right there.

Here is a link to check your current legislators stand on immigration:

Immigration Stance: Find Out Where Your Congressional Representative Really Stands On Immigration

One more thing. There is no such thing as a free education. Tax payers pay for it. Our schools are falling apart now so we don't need to add millions more into our systems.


This is what EVERYONE should do if you want to return this country to the Americans who deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top