U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:55 PM

4,761 posts, read 6,922,203 times

Advertisements

There IS a way to rid the country of these illegals, but the government doesn't want to do it.
Simply declare martial law,and start knocking on doors in the entire country.
When somone can't provide papers that they are here legally, they will have to get on the bus and be deported.
The federal government for many, many years conducted a census every ten years without the aid of mailing out the forms like they did this year.
They accomplished the census by knocking on doors.
The federal government spent damm near a trillion dollars to bail out failing companiies, and the cost of rounding up all these millions of aliens wouldn't come close to that.
What would need to be done is, take ICE out of the picture, and operate completely under the department of homeland security.
They could hire marshalls to covert he country to gather up all the illegals.
Sure, it wouldn't be finished overnight, but to those who say it can't be done, IT CAN.
Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 06:08 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,441,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
All legal aliens & naturalized Americans do under go biometric scans. Are you suggesting biometric ID for all 'real Americans'.
Yes why not upgrade our ID system to include everyone .The one we have now is easy to fool and fake. Lets stop it once and for all.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 AM

851 posts, read 3,151,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Yes why not upgrade our ID system to include everyone .The one we have now is easy to fool and fake. Lets stop it once and for all.
This would create a national ID. Politically, it would be a no go in USA.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:52 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
Enforce our laws. Rescind birthright citizenship. Stop giving them incentives. Crack down, fine and jail employers of even ONE illegal alien. SECURE our BORDER. They will leave.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:19 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,465,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
All we need to do is require that ALL aliens have a government issued workers permit. If caught working without one or hiring someone without one YOU ARE ARRESTED...PERIOD. Canada has this system and it works well. Our so called leaders know about it too but you never hear them talk about using it here.. Wuts sup with that?

Canada has a problem with legals too . One providence is asking for sharia law . Many of our illegals from all over the world cross over the never mentioned northern border into USA . Border agents say wmd can come across un-noticed . last I heard there were one agebt for every several hundred miles of border .

If we don't vote out this government 'both parties ' and start paying attention, America will be no more .

Old 06-15-2010, 09:21 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,124,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
Some said it's unrealistic to move 12-20 million people out of here, to which I disagree.

What's a realistic solution here?

Technically we can deny all the free services and all the employment opportunities to the illegals. What incentive do they have to stay here?

For example, hospitals can start checking immigration status. They should still provide medical service but should also call the police just like how they deal with people coming in with gun shot wounds. Schools, banks, especially Western Union, and police can all do this.

I think this should be pretty realistic to do. The problem will solve itself as illegals will choose to go home.
It's unrealistic to MOVE 20 million people... but it's not impossible to make them want to MOVE THEMSELVES.

You are so right that we should deny them social services and illegal employment (i.e. if they are not here on a work permit).

Hospitals already check immigration status. Once I had 8 of 10 patients who are Spanish speaking ONLY. The police will do nothing, as usual. When do police ever do anything about these and other "trivial" issues? Not to mention most of the force is Hispanic. Dunno what that means exactly... but I'm sure there are some who are sympathetic.

Hospitals have become havens for illegal immigrants. My question is - why stop your plan at "still provide medical service but call the police?" Might as well force them to go home and seek free medical care... even give them a free ride to the hospital across the border...

Old 06-16-2010, 02:03 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
It's unrealistic to MOVE 20 million people... but it's not impossible to make them want to MOVE THEMSELVES.

You are so right that we should deny them social services and illegal employment (i.e. if they are not here on a work permit).

Hospitals already check immigration status. Once I had 8 of 10 patients who are Spanish speaking ONLY. The police will do nothing, as usual. When do police ever do anything about these and other "trivial" issues? Not to mention most of the force is Hispanic. Dunno what that means exactly... but I'm sure there are some who are sympathetic.

Hospitals have become havens for illegal immigrants. My question is - why stop your plan at "still provide medical service but call the police?" Might as well force them to go home and seek free medical care... even give them a free ride to the hospital across the border...
Yes. It wasn't at all difficult for 20-30 million people to break the laws and MOVE to the USA and live here illegally. It shouldn't be impossible for them to decide to move back home.

The only reason they come illegally and stay illegally is for the money or welfare handouts and because it's so very easy to do.

Vast numbers of people simply do whatever is easier. If you're illiterate and poor in Mexico it's easier to move to the USA than it is to go to school or work in Mexico, so that's what they do.

If you're single and pregnant and you don't want to work hard for a living, it's obviously very easy to come to the USA but more difficult to stay in Mexico.

Once you're in a place for a few years and raking in the money and/or food stamps, it's obviously easier to stay and keep doing that than it is to relocate and have to give up the big money and/or food stamps.

They come here and stay here because they are highly rewarded for doing so, there are no bad consequences for breaking the laws. End the rewards and put in some bad consequences and things reverse.

One of my neighbors is here illegally - he hasn't seen his children or family in over 5 years, he was hoping to get amnesty and bring his parents, siblings and children here but now he thinks amnesty might not happen. He stays just because it's easier to do that for now but if he has to go back, he will and he looks forward to seeing his family again when that day comes. Now he says he's just biding his time here, getting easy money while he can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration