U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:40 PM

851 posts, read 3,151,817 times

Advertisements

Some said it's unrealistic to move 12-20 million people out of here, to which I disagree.

What's a realistic solution here?

Technically we can deny all the free services and all the employment opportunities to the illegals. What incentive do they have to stay here?

For example, hospitals can start checking immigration status. They should still provide medical service but should also call the police just like how they deal with people coming in with gun shot wounds. Schools, banks, especially Western Union, and police can all do this.

I think this should be pretty realistic to do. The problem will solve itself as illegals will choose to go home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 06:50 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Well if what you said were true I doubt many would be debating on this forum. However, your hypothesis is flawed.
We have already seen illegals self deport from areas that cracked down on illegals and those who hire them. We need only enforce the laws nation wide starting with a major crackdown on employers.
Take away the jobs and you take away the reason they are here.
We have seen past crack downs deliver results. Operation ******* for example.
Make the fines severe and employers will change their practice. Include jail terms and they will change their practice.
States that offer sanctuary should be made to forfeit federal funds.
Remove the safe havens and you force them to self deport.
Control the border making entry all but impossible and you remove others from adding to the problem.
Allow anyone self deporting a free pass back accross the border.
Conversely.
An amnesty= reward and we will see the problem grow.
Offer a path to citizenship without requiring the illegals to first return and you reward them with an instant head of line pass. Regardless of what the politicians say, allowing illegals to say=head of line pass. This is a reward.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:08 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
Round 'em up. Sure, it may take a year or three to do it, but those 10-20 million illegals CAN be deported.

It's time to be treated like a real American, not an illegal alien.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:16 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,443,271 times
All we need to do is require that ALL aliens have a government issued workers permit. If caught working without one or hiring someone without one YOU ARE ARRESTED...PERIOD. Canada has this system and it works well. Our so called leaders know about it too but you never hear them talk about using it here.. Wuts sup with that?

Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM

I agree on enforcement but if their children can get free high school education from us, they will still stay here.

I don't agree any special path for citizenship because there is already a path that is "go home, apply for green card or visa from your home country and come here LEGALLY!"

Old 06-11-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
All we need to do is require that ALL aliens have a government issued workers permit. If caught working without one or hiring someone without one YOU ARE ARRESTED...PERIOD. Canada has this system and it works well. Our so called leaders know about it too but you never hear them talk about using it here.. Wuts sup with that?
We already have work permit. I am a Canadian citizen with green card. I have been on work permit for many years. All legal aliens, who are allow to work, have work permits or green cards.

The problem with illegals is that they use other people's work permits, in most case, SSN.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:32 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
I agree on enforcement but if their children can get free high school education from us, they will still stay here.

I don't agree any special path for citizenship because there is already a path that is "go home, apply for green card or visa from your home country and come here LEGALLY!"
Lets see, you want to amend the constitution to end citizenship for persons born in the US of non-citizen parents?

you want to reverse the Supreme court ruling that made it constitutonal that all children get a free education, regardless of immigration status?

and you want to physically deport 15 million people back to where ever they came form in the world?

in your life time?

Old 06-11-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Lets see, you want to amend the constitution to end citizenship for persons born in the US of non-citizen parents?

you want to reverse the Supreme court ruling that made it constitutonal that all children get a free education, regardless of immigration status?

and you want to physically deport 15 million people back to where ever they came form in the world?

in your life time?
I still agree children born here are US citizens. a) once they are born, they can be deported immediately along with their parents and their parents will never ever be legally allowed into US again, and b) if time allows, they can be deported before they were born.

I still agree all children get free education, but I do not agree that their parents can stay with their children.

I do not want to deport 15 million people. They'll go by themselves.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:42 PM

953 posts, read 741,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
I still agree children born here are US citizens. a) once they are born, they can be deported immediately along with their parents and their parents will never ever be legally allowed into US again, and b) if time allows, they can be deported before they were born.

I still agree all children get free education, but I do not agree that their parents can stay with their children.

I do not want to deport 15 million people. They'll go by themselves.

Precisely.

The excuse that we can't find and deport millions of Illegal aliens is an insult to intelligent people.....and imbeciles as well. A transparent Red Herring repeatedly trotted out by supporters, defenders and apologists of illegals and Open Borders policy.

Illegals will self-deport when our immigration laws are stringently enforced, instead of ignored. Rewarding, encouraging, abetting the illegal invasion only encourages MORE.

The solution should be----Temporary Work Visa programs for workers, not wholesale Amnesty for scofflaws.

Citizens justifiably chafe under the societal and tax burdens associated with education, Law enforcement, social services, healthcare, the Judicial, Court, and Penal systems; they rightly deplore the disrespect, the demonstrations, marches, demands, and the flying of foreign flags on our Nation's soil; the murders, rapes, and assaults; the drunks repeatedly released to maim and kill on our roadways; the drug running, the gangs and accompanying violence; the imperious demands for precious citizenship, the rampant identity theft, the cultural transformation of entire neighborhoods and even small towns; and the realization that one Political Party in particular, and it's supporters, betray this Nation in their quest to buy votes. This, and more, enrages citizens and patriots.

Enabling scofflaws destroys our sovereign Nation, and only delays and undermines the true and satisfactory solution for all Nations involved. Instead of breaking and entering, flying their flags and making demands of their neighbor; illegals MUST confront and demand dignity, liberty, and opportunity of their own corrupt and inept governances. Then might they earn the respect and support needed to confront the contemptable mismanagement of their homelands, and transform their naturally gifted countries (ocean resources, oil, timber, labor force, agriculture, precious metals, archeological treasures, minerals, natural gas, tourism); for the enduring benefit of the citizens. To break and enter, is no solution, but only a tactic worthy of contempt.

As it is, Americans must expose and confront our own arrogant Quislings----who betray their Oaths to defend the Nation, it's borders, Laws, and Constitution....in exchange for cheap labor and bribed votes.

The predictable and disingenuous accusation of "racists", "oppressors", "xenophobes", "inhumanitarians", and worse; expose those who should consider relinquishing their citizenship.......to an Illegal of their choice

Last edited by alphaluce; 06-11-2010 at 11:52 PM..

Old 06-11-2010, 10:56 PM

555 posts, read 735,672 times
Before any of the proposed solutions can be implemented we must first get rid of all the traitors in Congress and replace them with America-first patriots. Can't wait for November. Just like many illegals are leaving Arizona now, if the Democrats lose control of Congress, many illegals will self-deport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration