U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,961 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Of course they would -- in fact they demand they be given citizenship as their reward for breaking our laws and coming here illegally.

The USA takes in BY FAR more legal immigrants than any other country in the world, the population of the USA is rising extremely fast - one of the fastest in the world, mostly do to massive immigration levels. The population is doubling every few decades.

Like it or not, there are over 2 billion impoverished people in the world who would all like to come here and be citizens, but we cannot possibly take them all in.

And - name one other country that has no immigration laws of any kind like you suggest the USA? Even Mexico has immigration laws -- much stricter than those of the USA in fact.
I don't think any American thinks that the immigrants should all be granted citizenship. I'm saying WORK VISAS for a limited amount of time should be less strictly given out and then those people who receive them should just be monitored more closely.

And no, that is so wrong... Most immigrants do not DEMAND citizenship. They love their countries and their families. The only reason they want citizenship is so that they can travel back and forth-- see their families and still be able to come here and work.

Other countries do not give out more citizenships than we do, correct. However, they do allow people to travel more freely to their countries with visas. Would you like it if someone told you you couldn't go traveling even as a tourist in another country? Or if you wanted to work in another country, for whatever reason, it was next to impossible to get a work visa? That sucks. No matter how you look at it. And the latino immigrants in this country can get visas to travel to other countries MUCH easier than they can for here.

And anyway, my point was that we should be blaming the American border control who let the people in, not name-calling the illegal immigrants who are only taking advantages of opportunities to protect their families back home.

 
Old 12-13-2009, 07:37 PM
 
946 posts, read 2,232,388 times
Reputation: 482
Top 5 reasons I don't like illegals:

They work for a lower wage than I will.

They work harder than I will.

They work in 120 degree heat like I won't.

I lost my job and want somebody to blame.

See numbers 1 thru 4.
 
Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 37,459,501 times
Reputation: 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfike1 View Post
I don't think any American thinks that the immigrants should all be granted citizenship. I'm saying WORK VISAS for a limited amount of time should be less strictly given out and then those people who receive them should just be monitored more closely.

And no, that is so wrong... Most immigrants do not DEMAND citizenship. They love their countries and their families. The only reason they want citizenship is so that they can travel back and forth-- see their families and still be able to come here and work.

Other countries do not give out more citizenships than we do, correct. However, they do allow people to travel more freely to their countries with visas. Would you like it if someone told you you couldn't go traveling even as a tourist in another country? Or if you wanted to work in another country, for whatever reason, it was next to impossible to get a work visa? That sucks. No matter how you look at it. And the latino immigrants in this country can get visas to travel to other countries MUCH easier than they can for here.

And anyway, my point was that we should be blaming the American border control who let the people in, not name-calling the illegal immigrants who are only taking advantages of opportunities to protect their families back home.
Considering that despite our problems: the USA is still numero uno for people wanting to immigrate to another nation------------we can pick and choose whom we let in. If that offends Mexico-------------tough!

Face it: why Mexico is a dysfunctional dump is not the fault of the USA. If 1945 (West) Germany could rebuild itself from a burned out husk into a economic powerhouse in one generation-----------what is Mexico's excuse? They have not had a war on their soil since 1910.
 
Old 12-13-2009, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,457,650 times
Reputation: 6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
Top 5 reasons I don't like illegals:

They work for a lower wage than I will.
True in that they work for wages that legals can't because we have to pay taxes.

They work harder than I will.
Completely false

They work in 120 degree heat like I won't.
All of them do or just some? Many legals work in said conditions.

I lost my job and want somebody to blame.
False no further rebttal needed.

See numbers 1 thru 4.
1. They are all criminals who commit numerous crimes.
2. They are unrepentant criminals
3. They demand special rights and or privileges
4. They low ball wages, taking jobs from legal citizens who actually have a right to work here.
5. They mooch off the system driving our taxes higher.
 
Old 12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,522,078 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfike1 View Post
I don't think any American thinks that the immigrants should all be granted citizenship. I'm saying WORK VISAS for a limited amount of time should be less strictly given out and then those people who receive them should just be monitored more closely.

And no, that is so wrong... Most immigrants do not DEMAND citizenship. They love their countries and their families. The only reason they want citizenship is so that they can travel back and forth-- see their families and still be able to come here and work.

Other countries do not give out more citizenships than we do, correct. However, they do allow people to travel more freely to their countries with visas. Would you like it if someone told you you couldn't go traveling even as a tourist in another country? Or if you wanted to work in another country, for whatever reason, it was next to impossible to get a work visa? That sucks. No matter how you look at it. And the latino immigrants in this country can get visas to travel to other countries MUCH easier than they can for here.

And anyway, my point was that we should be blaming the American border control who let the people in, not name-calling the illegal immigrants who are only taking advantages of opportunities to protect their families back home.
What you fail to understand is that we already give out work visas for the number of foreign workers that we need. Are we to just give them out in unlimited numbers even if we don't need these people or it means putting an American out of a job or doubling our population growth and stressing out our resources and social infrastructures? You aren't looking at the overall picture. We have to consider our own citizens and the affects on our country first on making those decisions.

So if I neglect to lock my door and I am robbed, I am the only guilty party and not the burgler? Taking advantage to protect their families back home? Protect them from what? Would you go in and rob a home because the homeowner forgot to lock his door and have no conscience about it? Good Lord!!
 
Old 12-13-2009, 08:50 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,522,078 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
Top 5 reasons I don't like illegals:

They work for a lower wage than I will.

They work harder than I will.

They work in 120 degree heat like I won't.

I lost my job and want somebody to blame.

See numbers 1 thru 4.
Yes, they work for a lower wage illegally and the employer increases their profits while breaking our immigration and labor laws and American wages go down. You're ok with that?

Sorry, to hear that you don't work hard. Most of the rest of Americans do.

The only job that they work at 120 degrees is perhaps crop picking. What about the rest of the illegal workforce which make up 95% of them who don't? For crop picking we have unlimited work visas for LEGAL immigrant workers but again the employer chooses to circumvent our laws instead. You're ok with that?

Again sorry, you lost your job and feel you have to blame someone. Realistically for most Americans that were replaced by illegal workers at a cheaper wage they are quite justified in blaming both the employers and the illegals for their job losses and also our government for not securing our borders and holding the employers accountable to our labor laws.

Seems like you are into blaming the victims in all of this (Americans) rather than the law breakers in your scenario. How odd!

Last edited by chicagonut; 12-13-2009 at 09:05 PM..
 
Old 12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,457,650 times
Reputation: 6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, they work for a lower wage illegally and the employer increases their profits while breaking our immigration and labor laws and American wages go down. You're ok with that?

Sorry, to hear that you don't work hard. Most of the rest of Americans do.

The only job that they work at 120 degrees is perhaps crop picking. What about the rest of the illegal workforce which make up 95% of them who don't? For crop picking we have unlimited work visas for LEGAL immigrant workers but again the employer chooses to circumvent our laws instead. You're ok with that?

Again sorry, you lost your job and feel you have to blame someone. Realistically for most Americans that were replaced by illegal workers at a cheaper wage and they are quite justified in blaming both the employers and the illegals for their job losses and also our government for not securing our borders and holding the employers accountable to our labor laws.

Seems like you are into blaming the victims in all of this (Americans) rather than the law breakers in your scenario. How odd!
Typical. Same old tired excuses that are easily countered.
They work in 120 degrees? Well so do legal citizens who work at the local Sylvania plant, The local paper mills and I would hazard that it gets to be about 120 degrees on those black top roads in the summer.
Your post is well written and I would rep you if I could.
 
Old 12-14-2009, 03:53 AM
 
335 posts, read 289,180 times
Reputation: 84
[quote=teach1234;12014803]Top 5 reasons I don't like illegals:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
They work for a lower wage than I will.
True in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
They work harder than I will.
That's simply your opinion. Anyway, how do you determine if someone is working harder? By how much work they get done? By how many hours they work in a day or a week? I know many Americans who get a lot of work done and who work overtime whenever they are given the opportunity to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
They work in 120 degree heat like I won't.
A bit of an exaggeration because temperatures rarely get up to 120 degrees in this country. Anyway, many Americans also work in very hot outdoor temperatures.


Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
I lost my job and want somebody to blame.
If you lost your job to an illegal alien, then you would have a perfect right to blame them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top